• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest/best transportation

Belle2002

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the least expensive/best way is to travel from Orlando airport to WDW. On our last trip we took a town car (can't remember what company) and I think it was $45. That was 2 years ago. We will also be going on the Disney cruise and are trying to figure out what the most economical way is to get from WDW to the cruise. Thanks!!

IMHO, a towncar is the "best" way as it frees you from having to drive and find your way around. Truely, a no worries way to travel.

Least expensive depends on how many people you have traveling. For 1 or 2 people, DCL transfers would be cheaper than a towncar service.

Many people prefer to rent a car for 1-day which can be cheaper than transfers or towncars. There is an Avis center near DCL (at the Radisson) and they have shuttles to drop you off at the port.

You have options! Only you can decide which will work best for you.

The cheapest is Mears, if you are traveling single or as a couple. However, IMHO, it isn't the best way to go. We have had good experiences with Mears (riding in their vans, being the first to be dropped off, short waits) and we have had bad experiences (being one of 50+ people in a bus, having to be picked up 3 or more hours before a flight, nearly missing flights because of numerous stops at other resorts). But if you aren't in a hurry, Mears is the way to go.

We have also used several of the towncar services, mostly good experiences and only one bad experience. They do come at the cost of around $80 RT plus a tip.

And recently we discovered rental cars which is now our preferred method of ground transportation. A weekly rate isn't much more than the towncar in many cases. We now prefer driving to the parks than using Disney transportation. We usually stay in a moderate or value resort.

As others have pointed out, "cheapest" will depend on your party size, and I heartily agree with the others who vote for towncars as the best. We used to use Mears back when we didn't know any better. They do get you where you're going, and they were cheaper than a towncar because there are only two of us, but we always hated the waiting and then being piled into a van like cattle and making so many stops on the way. We discovered towncars via the message boards and that is the only way we will go now. We always take Happy Limo, and I don't think I could ever adapt to Mears again. I like having a driver waiting for me and a private vehicle. The free grocery stop is great too. We do a lot of Disney cruises, and we have used it on the way to Port Canaveral.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter