Cheapest transport from Fort Wilderness to the port

I mean, the absolute cheapest would be to walk or bicycle, but it's probably a 8-9 hour bike ride, and a longer walk, so not the best use of time. :)

Renting a car is probably cheapest but then you have to deal with dropping it off at the port.

How many in your party? That can make a difference as well. Least expensive is likely a one-way rental car. But if you have a large party (more than an average minivan can handle) a private car service may be less.

Be aware that for a pick-up at the campground, I don’t think most transportation will be allowed directly to your site. You'll have to get to a pick-up location which may mean taking the internal bus as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you need a BIG van, I just rented a 15 passenger van from Alamo at The Dolphin. I stayed at the Beach Club, so I just walked over to the Dolphin and picked it up the morning of the cruise. One way was $92 + $12/gas + 5ish for tolls. The return was super easy and really close to the port.

How many in your party? That can make a difference as well.

This makes a HUGE difference! Often, private transportation that charges a flat rate can be less expensive than shared transportation that charges a per-person rate once you get more than 3-4 people.

Others are likely correct about the one-way car rental or Uber/Lyft being the best option. When we cruise, we typically Uber or Lyft to the port.

We are a party of 4 staying at boulder ridge. I wouldn't mind getting a one way rental car but where do I get the car? Is there a rental service available at the resort or would I need to uber somewhere to get it?

staying at boulder ridge
That’s part of Wilderness Lodge. Fort Wilderness is the campground.

The Car Care Center is onsite at WDW (near the TTC) and they have a shuttle. There is also a car rental at the Swan or Dolphin. I forget which rental companies are at each.

Enjoy your cruise!

TTC = Transportation and Ticket Center where the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom. Close to Fort Wilderness

Last edited:
That’s part of Wilderness Lodge. Fort Wilderness is the campground.

The Car Care Center is onsite at WDW (near the TTC) and they have a shuttle. There is also a car rental at the Swan or Dolphin. I forget which rental companies are at each.

Enjoy your cruise!
Both the Car Care Center and the Dolphin are Alamo/National locations. The CCC will pick you up at your resort and take you to their location to get the rental car. Arrange this at least 24 hours in advance. From Wilderness Lodge, that would be the most convenient pick up point. At the Port Canaveral end, Alamo/National have a shuttle from their port location to the port. I prefer to drop off passengers and luggage, drive to the car rental drop off, and take the shuttle back without the hassle of luggage or other people from my group. I’m usually back at the port in about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter