ChEAR Squad Questions

No park needed. Only reason is if you wanted to watch from inside the park, but i think with platinum you get special access inside but not sure. The end chear section is in parking lot of epcot so you dont need ticket there

No park needed. Only reason is if you wanted to watch from inside the park, but i think with platinum you get special access inside but not sure. The end chear section is in parking lot of epcot so you dont need ticket there
Great! I'm so glad to hear this! I ran the marathon last year and my husband did Goofy....this year I'm running all the races except the marathon and my husband will do the dopey. lol I plan to be out there to cheer him on!

Are the Chear Squad packages (ie gold/silver) I'm reading being mentioned only offered when runDisney has a full marathon during a weekend? DS and I are signed up for SWDS Challenge 2017, and thought it would be nice to do for DS's girlfriend after getting up so early to be with us. But I was told the package was only a preferred seating area close to the finish line. Nothing else. I also don't see any package like I have in the past for the tent that let's runners warm-up, cool down, and otherwise prepare for or chill after running. (Sorry I forget what the tent is specifically called.) Also no pre or post race parties/dinners. But these I suspect are definitely reserved for full marathon weekends.

Are the Chear Squad packages (ie gold/silver) I'm reading being mentioned only offered when runDisney has a full marathon during a weekend? DS and I are signed up for SWDS Challenge 2017, and thought it would be nice to do for DS's girlfriend after getting up so early to be with us. But I was told the package was only a preferred seating area close to the finish line. Nothing else. I also don't see any package like I have in the past for the tent that let's runners warm-up, cool down, and otherwise prepare for or chill after running. (Sorry I forget what the tent is specifically called.) Also no pre or post race parties/dinners. But these I suspect are definitely reserved for full marathon weekends.

They are/were offered for Princess weekend so it's not just full marathon weekend. is your race at DL? I'm not up on which star wars race is which coast. If your race is DL I understand their races are of own breed. If your race is East coast it will probably be under race registration tab.

Our race is SW-Dark Side in WDW. I looked at all the tabs and compared them to a run of both marathon and half marathon length in WDW, no Race Retreat option (yes, in my research I found out the proper name for that tent), and the only ChEAR Squad option I could find was buried under all the other info on the site. It was never shown as an option under any one of the tabs. It also does not offer ChEAR Squad packages.

So far, Race Retreat (that's the tent you're talking about) is only offered for Marathon Weekend and Princess Weekend.

It's all good, just wondering how do the selection process. I was real interested in the ChEAR Squad for DS's girl. She's so sweet and a good sport for getting up with us BOTH mornings as we're doing the Challenge. Just wanted to make her a little more comfortable. I'll just figure something else out special for her.

It's all good, just wondering how do the selection process. I was real interested in the ChEAR Squad for DS's girl. She's so sweet and a good sport for getting up with us BOTH mornings as we're doing the Challenge. Just wanted to make her a little more comfortable. I'll just figure something else out special for her.

Yeah - I completely understand. My guess? Marathon Weekend because it's Marathon Weekend, more runners, longer distances, major challenges.

For Princess, this year, they marketed Race Retreat as the ultimate "Treat Yourself" splurge for women. I want to say it even came with a glass of champagne or something?

I would definitely do the ChEAR Package for her for the Half Marathon - for the 10K, I would encourage her to watch around the Boardwalk! There are places to get coffee and such, and they don't really have ropes up, so it will be easier for her to high-five you guys as you head in to the finish.

Maybe as a treat, you could book a really nice brunch on Sunday after the half? If she likes brunch?

Yeah - I completely understand. My guess? Marathon Weekend because it's Marathon Weekend, more runners, longer distances, major challenges.

For Princess, this year, they marketed Race Retreat as the ultimate "Treat Yourself" splurge for women. I want to say it even came with a glass of champagne or something?

I would definitely do the ChEAR Package for her for the Half Marathon - for the 10K, I would encourage her to watch around the Boardwalk! There are places to get coffee and such, and they don't really have ropes up, so it will be easier for her to high-five you guys as you head in to the finish.

Maybe as a treat, you could book a really nice brunch on Sunday after the half? If she likes brunch?
The ChEAR package seems to only be preferred seating at the finish, which when DS and I did PHM 10k last year, his buddy and my significant other had no problems wandering around, sitting where it was offered publicly, and even got a video of DS crossing the line. So to that end, I LOVE your idea of a special brunch! With Disney Springs opening up all new wonderful spots I'm sure there would be plenty of options. Maybe even let her choose one of the countries in EPCOT.
Completely forgot all about the Boardwalk for the 10k. Just gotta figure out the least confusing way for her to get there on her own that early. She's not the Disney buff we all are.

Thanks so much! Feel so much better about dragging her into this. LOL

The ChEAR package seems to only be preferred seating at the finish, which when DS and I did PHM 10k last year, his buddy and my significant other had no problems wandering around, sitting where it was offered publicly, and even got a video of DS crossing the line. So to that end, I LOVE your idea of a special brunch! With Disney Springs opening up all new wonderful spots I'm sure there would be plenty of options. Maybe even let her choose one of the countries in EPCOT.
Completely forgot all about the Boardwalk for the 10k. Just gotta figure out the least confusing way for her to get there on her own that early. She's not the Disney buff we all are.

Thanks so much! Feel so much better about dragging her into this. LOL

She sounds like a delightful young lady, so I'm sure she'll love just having the chance to be there to support and cheer you guys on!!

I got my mam the gold chear squad package for marathon weekend just gone. I was doing dopey and we had another runner doing the 10k and another doing the half. My mam really loved the package - she said she felt included and managed to get some amazing pictures of us outside cinderellas castle. We got her it as a surprise for Christmas and she thought it was well worth the money, so much so that were hoping to go to marathon weekend in 2018 and she's planning on getting the gold package again (and maybe a cheeky sign up to the 5k!)

I got my mam the gold chear squad package for marathon weekend just gone. I was doing dopey and we had another runner doing the 10k and another doing the half. My mam really loved the package - she said she felt included and managed to get some amazing pictures of us outside cinderellas castle. We got her it as a surprise for Christmas and she thought it was well worth the money, so much so that were hoping to go to marathon weekend in 2018 and she's planning on getting the gold package again (and maybe a cheeky sign up to the 5k!)
That was such an awesome way to make her a part of everything! Which is another reason I would like to so something for DS's girl. But alas, I don't see any option for gold, silver, or any other color shade for that matter offered for the Star Wars - Dark Side run(s). The one that they are offering...well, I've spoken to someone who did purchase the package and it hardly seems worth the money. Maybe runDisney will change things up in the coming months, but I don't see that happening. Heck, after checking with runDisney reps to see if they were or will be offering discounts for hotel and park tickets, the answer was no for now, and usually all is set in stone at this point. So no for the future offers as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter