Check in with your favourite Studio Ghibli film!

Domo

Wotcha
Obvious one for me - Spirited Away! Absolute masterpiece!

60237-spiritedaway.jpg

Howls Moving Castle and Kikis Delivery Service get honourable mentions :)

Spirited Away, followed by Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro...
I really enjoyed them all.

I was going to say "guess," but it turns out Nausicaa was made before Studio Ghibli (its creators went on to form Studio Ghibli a couple years later). I like a lot of them, but my favorites were Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro.

Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro) I still have my VHS tape in Japanese taped off NHK in Japan. I have since bought the Disney dubbed version as well.

Watch the Fathom Events website. The last couple years they have done theater screenings of the movies - either dubbed or subtitled - one each month. By the time we found it, we'd missed most of our favorites.

Nausicaa is far and away the family favorite. Kiki is a close second, and then Spirited Away and Howls Moving Castle. Castle in the Sky is kicking off our Thanksgiving Holiday - Totoro is this weekend!!

Totoro was the first one I saw, Your Name was the last one, on a plane with subtitles.
I only collect them when they are available with English dubbing and now have the following:-

Ponyo
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Origin – Spirits of the Past
Laputa
Girl who leapt through time
My Neighbours the Yamadas
Tales from Earthsea
Princess Mononoke
The Wind Rises
Naussica of the Valley of the Wind
The Cat Returns
Whisper of the Heart
Howl's Moving Castle
Pom Poko
Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Summer Wars
The Garden of Words
5 Centimetres per Second
When Marnie was There
Porco Rosso
Journey to Agartha
Wolf Children
From Up On Poppy Hill
The Castle of Cagliostro
Only Yesterday
Red Turtle
Arriety

Hard to pick a favourite, certainly Spirited Away and, probably, From Up On Poppy Hill.

We were in Tokyo in July but Disneyland and Disneysea won out over Studio Ghibli. Next time though!

ford family

Totoro was the first one I saw, Your Name was the last one, on a plane with subtitles.
I only collect them when they are available with English dubbing and now have the following:-

Ponyo
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Origin – Spirits of the Past
Laputa
Girl who leapt through time
My Neighbours the Yamadas
Tales from Earthsea
Princess Mononoke
The Wind Rises
Naussica of the Valley of the Wind
The Cat Returns
Whisper of the Heart
Howl's Moving Castle
Pom Poko
Tale of the Princess Kaguya
Summer Wars
The Garden of Words
5 Centimetres per Second
When Marnie was There
Porco Rosso
Journey to Agartha
Wolf Children
From Up On Poppy Hill
The Castle of Cagliostro
Only Yesterday
Red Turtle
Arriety

Hard to pick a favourite, certainly Spirited Away and, probably, From Up On Poppy Hill.

We were in Tokyo in July but Disneyland and Disneysea won out over Studio Ghibli. Next time though!

ford family

Wowza! That's quite a collection!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter