• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check MDE!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I just logged into MDE this morning to check on things for my upcoming trip. Yesterday I got the letter inviting me to participate in the test at one of the two resorts I'm staying at for my upcoming trip. However, when I logged into my account, surprisingly it told me that this was the last day I had to customize magic bands for the OTHER part of my stay, for which I never got any invitation to test. And for the first part, for which I did get invited, yesterday afternoon, it said "your bands may ship at any moment." I kind of got the impression that I may or may not get the color I requested. So unless you want a surprise like I did, and possibly grey bands, you might want to check!

Yikes! So what were your check in dates and which resorts?

I was afraid of this when they added so many resorts at once for October!

Exactly what is "customizing"? Just picking a color?

I'm staying at the Poly before and after a 3 day Dream cruise. For our 10/15 stay, I received an e-mail and info via UPS AFTER my Magic Bands had already shipped. I had checked online prior to that and customized them so it was fine. I haven't received anything from Disney about the second reservation and the availability of FastPass+ but I had already customized those bands too and they are set to ship in a day or two.

Exactly what is "customizing"? Just picking a color?

Umm, basically yes, that's it. Oh, and you can alter the name. For me, since I'm doing a split stay, 2 different resorts and at one resort I reserved 2 different rooms (a 1 BR for when DH is there, then a studio for just me), I'm getting 3 bands. In order to keep them straight (I picked the same color for all 3), I altered the name slightly on each band. Although I do wonder if one band will work for all 3 reservations-I'll try it just out of curiosity. I check into the first resort (the one I got invited to test yesterday, then got a "your band could ship any minute" today on Oct. 15. And for the one for which today was my last day to customize, I check in Oct. 19th. Three bands, but that's what they told me to do when I called.

Umm, basically yes, that's it. Oh, and you can alter the name. For me, since I'm doing a split stay, 2 different resorts and at one resort I reserved 2 different rooms (a 1 BR for when DH is there, then a studio for just me), I'm getting 3 bands. In order to keep them straight (I picked the same color for all 3), I altered the name slightly on each band. Although I do wonder if one band will work for all 3 reservations-I'll try it just out of curiosity. I check into the first resort (the one I got invited to test yesterday, then got a "your band could ship any minute" today on Oct. 15. And for the one for which today was my last day to customize, I check in Oct. 19th. Three bands, but that's what they told me to do when I called.

I was wondering about split stays. That means I will have to "customize" 2 sets of bands, correct?

I never got an invitation, but because of the boards last week I saw someone post that BWV was included, so I checked my MDE account and saw I could customize my MB. Not only could I do mine, but I could do my DD and her family who have another reservation, but we are linked together. I took care of both and customized everyone's band. It's esp. nice that you can take care of adding your name to the inside of the MB. I got them today. They ship exactly 30 days before your checkin and if you don't customize by then, then you get grey ones, no names.

I am so afraid of something like this happening. Where do we look specifically on our MDE account to find this information? Do I click on the link for FP+ info or where? :confused3

I am so afraid of something like this happening. Where do we look specifically on our MDE account to find this information? Do I click on the link for FP+ info or where? :confused3

If you are eligible for MyMagic+, the 'Manage MagicBands' option will change to 'Personalize MagicBands'. Currently, testing has not been extended past October. See the link below for resorts and eligible dates.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...-to-more-resorts-in-september-and-october.htm

A little backwards. I got my MB yesterday by UPS and today I got the letter telling me to customize them.....hmmmm. Had I waited I would not have been able to customize them since I'm under 30 days now.

A little backwards. I got my MB yesterday by UPS and today I got the letter telling me to customize them.....hmmmm. Had I waited I would not have been able to customize them since I'm under 30 days now.

I received the email and paper invites about a week after we received our MagicBands. The invites had a cut off date to personalize MagicBands that was 10 days from arrival. That would still allow time for them to be customized and shipped via Next Day.

If you are eligible for MyMagic+, the 'Manage MagicBands' option will change to 'Personalize MagicBands'. Currently, testing has not been extended past October. See the link below for resorts and eligible dates.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...-to-more-resorts-in-september-and-october.htm

Our trip starts 11/2 so I guess I still have some time before worrying. I just wondered where to look in the MDE account for when and if we are eligible. Thanks for the heads up. It all seems so confusing so your help is really appreciated. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter