Check out today's Ebay "find"

lynxstch

I Love Figment
check out # 1145029419...is this true?..a limited edition of "6"?...why would there be a space between the words "limited edition" and "6"??

Check out Pinpics #2398. That thing now has 19 bids! What a joke.

Dar :bounce:

Thanks Dar..I can't believe that many people are bidding it up that high..on the first day of bidding no less..!

I like the bit about the high bidder being able to buy it even if the reserve is not met. Technically, it won't have ended as a sucessful auction on ebay, so there's no fees, no ebay insurance and they really can't get involved as far as fraud protection.

:mad:

Can't we send links to all the bidders for the "pin" on pinpics?

The pin on ebay is mine. I would like to clarify that it is a real pin. I can send anyone pictures of the back and the front. It is not a photoshop mock up. The reason that I decided to honor the high bid is that I did not want to get a ridiculously low bid and not protect my investment. The reserve is high and may not reach it. I don't intend to defraud anyone and would send any pictures that the bidders would like. Hope this clarifies any questions. This particular pin seems to be a protoype of the limited edition of 6. I tried to give a fair description as possible. The mickey and the 2000 are on a metal backing and the backing has two pin backs, one on each side. I know that somethings are hard to believe and that there are many experts out there, but this is the real deal.

THANKS

I can vouch for the existence of this pin. During a pin seminar at the MK, Scoop himself showed Linda and I his copy of this "limited edition of 6" pin. Kathryn (pintrader) can vouch for this as well. Whether there are only six of these pins and why they are so limited can be questioned, but not their existence.
On another note that I'm sure won't win me any friends, I do not understand what people have against someone selling a piece of personal property on a public auction site for whatever the market will bear. This is still a free country, isn't it?
Back during the bean bag craze, I bid on and won a "limited edition" Mickey mini-bean bag for well over $300. I knew I was paying a premium and I willingly bid on the item without holding any animosity toward the owner. It holds a special place in my collection, that I still am very prowd of, even though I know it is not worth nearly what I paid for it.

I just tried to go to the item and it is no longer there. Did they remove it DVC? If so why it is a valid pin and there is no reason for them to remove it....

I'm getting the "# invalid, no longer in database" message when I try to access it...what happened?

Hi
I listed this pin and mentioned that it would be sold to highest bidder regardless of meeting the Reserve Price. Since this is against eBay rules, the auction was ended early.

I have relisted the pin again and this time also included a picture of the back of the pin. The listing number is 1145633614.

THANKS to the many questions and replys.

Okay everyone. Here's the perfect example of why we discourage this sort of thing.

I don't think that any of you expected to see that you were commenting about someone who is a friend of this board.

Please, before you post, take a good look and make sure that what you are about to say is not going to be something that you will regret.

For what it's worth I am very sorry that this happened.

DVCfamily, you handled the situation with a great deal of restraint and graciousness. It must have been very hurtful to read this.

I wish you the best of luck in auctioning this unique pin!

Thanks for the kind words. No bad feelings here, I do know what it is to see something on Ebay and feel that someone is being ripped off - we do have passionate members and that is great.

...Due to all the SHARKS we as a D.I.S. family have encountered this response does not surprise me. No one was trying to INSULT you dvcfamily & by the way that's a beautiful pin. BUT due to the amount of $$$ involved with the pin biz now & the trade do's & don'ts Many have become very SYNICAL of anything they have never seen before OR the old "if it looks to good to be true it is " feeling. Just think of this in a positive manner , at least this post brought out the seller to help clarify & explain their item....PLUS IT ALSO verified the existence of a REAL person selling this item.....not our regular group of MONEY HUNGRY sharks we all know & love.

I agree with dvcreg we must practice some restraint....BUT reg it is nice to know that this family is looking out for one another, even if the info sometimes comes out sounding bad...I believe the ends justify the means......THIS example actually helped SHED information that otherwise would never have been supplied had someone NOT POSTED this.

OK that's my 2 cents.......sorry if I offened anyone with my comments, NO animals were hurt in this posting.

Please be aware that I have sent both a private
message to you-the DVC family
and an email
to DVREG regarding this thread..I have asked that this thread either be locked or closed so that you won't be bothered by it any longer..

I didn't mean to cause a problem for anyone by questioning the existance of this pin..was simply asking a question..didn't expect to cause such an outroar with it..please read your messages..and for you DVCREG the email..and respond to me either by private message or email me..my email is posted for you to use..thanks

Good points, Zayne & Xavier's DAD. I agree with you. We have to look out for ourselves and for each other, 'cause eBay sure ain't gonna do it! To them it's "another day, another few thousand sales." :rolleyes:

Actually I don't see a reason to close the thread. Even though board members doubted the existance of this pin, it turned out to be a true pin.

The pin seller isn't offended and this thread is not attacking anyone.

I think that the information of the existance of this pin is great, and am only sorry that anyone's feelings may have been hurt in finding out about it.

Many thanks to those of you who helped to clarify the situation.

Lynxstch, I don't think the thread is bothering anyone.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter