checking on HAwaii cruises

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
while I know the Hawaii cruises are still a long way off but

I like to keep an eye out as if there any rooms that opened up so I can pick my room as of now we are GTY

the frustrating part is when I go to check as if Im putting in a new Ressie ex just before I came here I checked--the 10 night cruise came up

I get all the way to confirm travel party and then I get the message that there are no rooms available to fit my travel party

I suppose its possible that there was only a very few rooms that came up and they were gone before I got to that point

I asked my TA about it and she said it could be false listings or something to that effect--

has anyone had any luck in getting a room lately--just curious

Go to your reservation, click on the change stateroom and see if another room category opens.

thanks for the great idea of checking my reservations
where would the change stateroom be

Im not seeing it so Im assuming that there really not any rooms available

Ill keep checking

thanks for the great idea of checking my reservations
where would the change stateroom be

Im not seeing it so Im assuming that there really not any rooms available

Ill keep checking

Click on my reservations. Then on the page there should be a section says your stateroom: GTY: in that section there's a link that says change stateroom >. Once you click on that click it should take you to a page that shows what you currently have. On the top left corner there should be a button that you click and it will show all categories of room types: inside, outside, verandah, concierge. If they are greyed out it means none of the categories are available. If it comes up in color for a category it means that category is available and it will tell you if there is a specific room number or if its GTY and what decks your room might be on if you choose that category. If you select that, the cart will tell you what price difference you will have to pay, then it will ask if you want to continue to pay for that amount.

Hope that helps.

Rumor has it they oversold for ex OV catagories for this cruise. Hench all the GTYs.so there really isn’t any new avail.

What you’re seeing is probably due to Muster station availability. In some instances, where rooms in one zone are particularly full (meaning having a lot of guests in each room), the lifeboat may reach capacity with a few rooms still being available. DCL cannot sell that room since they can’t allow one more guest on the lifeboat attached to that room. It seems the reservation system isn’t prepared to handle that logically. The rooms show up as available but the Muster limit is enforced when you try to add a guest, hence the message that there isn’t room for your party size.

If you are booked through a TA they have to go in and see if other rooms opened up under your reservation. You won't be able to change it under your reservation as noted above, unless something has changed in the last year. Anything which may show available online to book as new will be priced at prevailing rates and most likely higher priced than what you have so you really don't want to book new. I agree that anything which may show available at this time will be in a GTY status.

sorry to be a pain about trying to find this --but Im really hoping to be able at some point be able to pick my room

anyways I followed the great easy to follow directions but I still cant find anything about changing rooms

heres what I get
I go under my resverations

I see where it says state rooms

my stateroom GTY
and the next box is if you want to change your dining time
then insurance
and transportation

my TA just told me to keep watching and when I see something to let her know

last year when we went to Alaska there were some rooms to pick from--not many though so the furthest up we could get was deck 5 FWD which we took

I was able to keep checking and finally some rooms opened up on deck 7 which I let my TA know and she changed it for me

so at that point I was able to see what was opened

thanks again for the help

sorry to be a pain about trying to find this --but Im really hoping to be able at some point be able to pick my room

anyways I followed the great easy to follow directions but I still cant find anything about changing rooms

heres what I get
I go under my resverations

I see where it says state rooms

my stateroom GTY
and the next box is if you want to change your dining time
then insurance
and transportation

my TA just told me to keep watching and when I see something to let her know

last year when we went to Alaska there were some rooms to pick from--not many though so the furthest up we could get was deck 5 FWD which we took

I was able to keep checking and finally some rooms opened up on deck 7 which I let my TA know and she changed it for me

so at that point I was able to see what was opened

thanks again for the help

I didn't have a TA book this reservation, so I'm not sure if the portal is different.
If you clicked on that link to change stateroom, and then all the areas are greyed out there's no room available to switch. Only when there's a room available that section will be in color. Depending on the section it will either say GTY with what decks your room will possibly be on. Again you won't be able to pick that room number if its GTY.

Or right now Concierge is available. It will show you what type of room is available. Right now 1 bedroom with verandah. Click on that link, then it will show you a ship design( aft, midship, forward). It will be in a blue box of what section the room is in, which is midship. Then it will state which deck the room is in, click on deck 8, then it shows you a page of select stateroom. Whatever is available will be in COLOR. Right now 8546 is available. Select that room, add to cart.

If your not able to change your stateroom using that link. Another way to check to see if a room is available is by going to their website. Then in the destination drop down, filter by picking Hawaii. If something is available, it will say either the 9 night or 10 night. Then select cruise, pick the amount in your party, it will then show in color what category is available and starting price. If you click on that room selection, it will either tell you GTY or give a specific room number. Then you can call your TA to change it.

Last edited:
Is there any reason why you're not using punctuation in your post? It is very difficult to read.

@Dznypal if you booked with a TA I was under the impression that you are unable to change your cabin yourself, that your TA has to do it? We don't use a TA but when we cruised this past October, we traveled with friends who booked with a TA; my friend wanted to change their cabin and her TA had to do it, my friend wasn't able to do it online on her own.

@Dznypal if you booked with a TA I was under the impression that you are unable to change your cabin yourself, that your TA has to do it? We don't use a TA but when we cruised this past October, we traveled with friends who booked with a TA; my friend wanted to change their cabin and her TA had to do it, my friend wasn't able to do it online on her own.

This is correct, you cannot go into your reservation and see other rooms since you are booked through a TA. However you can check as a new cruise, pretend you don't have one already, new availability and if you see anything there you can let your TA know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!