Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole

SJCSuzyQ

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

I got a recipe off the DIS that I made last Christmas for Cheesy Hash Browns. I can't seem to find it again so does anybody have a good recipe? I seem to remember it used frozen hash browns southern style, cream of mushroom soup and of course cheese! Let me know if you have a good one!

Thanks

From Cooks.com this one specifies Southern style hash browns...many of the others don't. Do you remember if it called for corn flakes, potato chips or Ritz? There are quite a few versions of this out there.

HASH BROWN AND CHEESY CASSEROLE

Mix 2 pounds frozen hash browns (Southern style), thawed, with the following:

1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 pt. sour cream (2 cartons)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 onion, sliced well
2 c. Velveeta cheese

Put mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. Mix together the following:

2 c. corn flakes or potato chips, crushed

Thanks Piratesmate, I did a search on Cooks.com and found a bunch, unfortunately none of them sounded quite right. I was hoping somebody would have saved a copy of the recipe that was posted here on the DIS last year. I don't remember using any crunchy item on top, seems like it was just cheese. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find something that will work!

Thanks again!

Suzy

Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole clone...very yummy...

Serving Size : 8

1 2 lb. pkg. frozen Hash Browns
16 oz. Sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter
1/2 C. Chopped onion
2 C. grated Cheddar Cheese

Place potatoes in a greased 9x13" pan. Season with salt and pepper. Mince onions, and together sour cream, and cream of chicken soup. Pour over potatoes; sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese and butter, that you have cut into cubes. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.

Southern Hash Brown Casserole

1 bag "Oreida Potato Shreds" hash browns 2lbs
1 onion Get the yellow onion. Large Sized
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 tablespoon margarine
1/2 lb colby cheese, grated

Step 1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
Step 2. Spray the 9" x 13" Baking Dish with food spray oil
Step 3. Chop the yellow onion into 1/2 inch pieces.
Step 4. Mix together the hashbrowns, mushroom soup, celery soup, onions, and 1/2 amount of the colby cheese into a large mixing bowl using a rubber spatula.
Step 5. Pour Hashbrown mixture into baking dish and spread evenly.
Step 6. Sprinkle the remaining amount of cheese evenly over the top.
Step 7. Dribble the melted margarine evenly over the cheese.
Step 8. Place in center of preheated 350*F oven. Set timer for 40 minutes.
Step 9. Check at 40 minutes for doneness. Cheese should be good and melted and starting to crisp on top. Might need another 5 minutes at this point!

http://www.squidoo.com/hashbrown-casserole-recipe#module9360468

I have basically the same recipe. My son's football team calls these "picnic potatoes". The topping is about a cup or 2 of corn flakes(crushed up a little in a baggie) and then drizzle about a stick of melted butter on top of everything. (I've bought the corn flake crumbs in a box but we don't like that as well as slightly crushed real corn flakes.):yay:

The recipe I use is:

1 pkg Simply Potatoes Southwestern Style (already has the seasonings)
16 oz Sour Cream
1 bag Shredded Cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
Ritz Crackers crushed
Melted butter

Mix first 4 ingredients, put in dish, top with crushed crackers, drizzle with butter and bake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter