Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace similar?

WDW_Michael

Earning My Ears
I've been to both of these places numerous times, however I've only ever had Dinner at Crystal Palace and Breakfast at Chef Mickeys. I currently have Chef Mickeys booked for dinner my arrival day (not going to a park this day), and Crystal Palace booked for dinner later on in the trip. Is the food selection at these 2 dinner buffets exactly the same? I'm staying at AKL and chose Chef Mickeys for the first day since it will be easy to get to (bus to MK then monorail/walk to Contemporary), and it will put us in good Disney spirits to kick off our trip with the character interaction and the vibe. I'cve been trying for O'hana (even using touringplans) but have had no luck whatsoever. I just want to make sure the food isn't the exact same at both places.

I also have a dinner reservation for Tusker House, another buffet, but I'm pretty sure the offerings there will be different.

No they aren't. But what is the same is they both will have salad's, children's menu and a carving station of some sort. And of course, the characters are different.
Tusker house will definitely be different food but the same format. It also has many of the same characters as CM's. If you want a better menu, IMO and the Pooh characters, Crystal Palace is the way to go.

No they aren't. But what is the same is they both will have salad's, children's menu and a carving station of some sort. And of course, the characters are different.
Tusker house will definitely be different food but the same format. It also has many of the same characters as CM's. If you want a better menu, IMO and the Pooh characters, Crystal Palace is the way to go.

Completely agree I think Crystal Palace is much better.

We were just there and went to both and we actually found the selection much better at Chef Mickey’s. This was surprising for us as we hadn’t been to either in several years and the last time we went both were sub-par at best. We went to the CP at lunch and there was not much selection. The two sides of the buffet are exactly the same. There was a lot more variety at CM’s. We were pleasantly surprised after previous experiences. CP, not so much. And the service at CP was below average as well. Slow and not friendly. I would actually go back to CM. CP, probably not, at least for a long time.

They are not exactly the same , but to us, they really are. Nothing really stands out and the food is just okay. Same with 1900. We never choose any of these anymore because the food isn’t unique.

Tusker house will have different food, but unless characters are a must do, switch to Boma. It is in your hotel and is delicious and different.

Another suggestion for the first night is Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge. We were there on Saturday night and it was the best meal of our trip. The characters were so great. There are tons of mixed reviews, but it was perfections for us. We have done every character dining several times. Akershus is our second favorite.

In the end, you will be at Disney so anything will be great!!!! Have fun!

Not the same food, but these are the worst two character meals we've ever done at WDW. So I'm joining others who vote for switching to try something else.

While I don't love either for dinner, I prefer Crystal Palace (like them better for breakfast too). They are both very different for food.

salad's what?

I've been to both of these places numerous times, however I've only ever had Dinner at Crystal Palace and Breakfast at Chef Mickeys. I currently have Chef Mickeys booked for dinner my arrival day (not going to a park this day), and Crystal Palace booked for dinner later on in the trip. Is the food selection at these 2 dinner buffets exactly the same? I'm staying at AKL and chose Chef Mickeys for the first day since it will be easy to get to (bus to MK then monorail/walk to Contemporary), and it will put us in good Disney spirits to kick off our trip with the character interaction and the vibe. I'cve been trying for O'hana (even using touringplans) but have had no luck whatsoever. I just want to make sure the food isn't the exact same at both places.

I also have a dinner reservation for Tusker House, another buffet, but I'm pretty sure the offerings there will be different.

I actually prefer to have breakfast at CP and dinner at Chef Mickey's. The dinners are similar but not identical. We go to Chef Mickey's on Fridays. They have better stuff unless you hate fish. For Breakfast, they are similar, but CP just has a few better items and a better selection than CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!