Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

On some other forums, it seems a lot of fans are getting very tired of Baez and want to see him traded in the offseason. Hard to argue against it.

Regardless of whether we win or lose, they're still my team. We didn't have as good of a season as last year, but I'm still proud to bleed Cubbie blue.

If we don't win, we come back stronger next year and I hope those that aren't happy unless we win will be happier next year. If we do win, then I'll be happy to keep flying the
W and expect to fly it more often next year. Again, given all the sucky years true fans have had to deal with, anything over 50 is a good year. ;)

Well said, Doc!!

On some other forums, it seems a lot of fans are getting very tired of Baez and want to see him traded in the offseason. Hard to argue against it.
He just hit a home run! Good one, Javy.

And if they don't make it to the WS, then they finally all get some time off. I can only guess at how tired some of them are by now.

He just hit a home run! Good one, Javy.

And if they don't make it to the WS, then they finally all get some time off. I can only guess at how tired some of them are by now.
And Javy just got another home run.

Cubs are winning tonight.

BOOM!

091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif

Also..just have to win 1 game tomorrow. check

Then 1 game Thursday

then 1 Sat

and 1 Sunday.

What a game by Jake! He has been everything anyone could ask for on the Cubs and if we can't keep him, I am already fearing ever facing him. Just absolutely fantastic. Happy Jake Day

Audio of Pat and Ron on the blown Granderson FB call

https://soundcloud.com/user-823481602/pat-livid

The first blown part was letting Roberts even argue that call. Cannot argue balls and strikes~period. Then to go through that circus, and finally say "because they heard 2 sounds" and freakin' overturn it? Even if sound was the deciding factor of actual visual evidence, and the heard that over the crowd~
Sound 1: ball hitting dirt
sound 2: ball hitting Willy's glove

Wolf got the call right initially (well THAT call..he was NOT good in the strike zone, like, at all)
The to allow Roberts request..unreal
Then for Cooper to actually, seriously overturn that call ,absolute insanty.
Now Wolf comes out with his admition of blowing the call...taking the heat for Cooper~when he should be calling him out for it.

Roberts has been manipulating the 10 day DL all season long repeatedly getting away with it and now being allowed to argue balls/strikes. Lie Lie Land, CA.

Last edited:
Jake was an ace last night. I was hoping he'd do all nine innings. Now Quintana pitches tonight and hopefully he'll get all nine innings.

Last night was celebrity night for me.

I am FB friends with a die hard Cubs fan who is a meteorologist for our local CBS affiliate. I met him at the Cubs game and I’ve run into him a couple of times at and around the park. His tickets are behind home plate in the 100 level so I went to visit him before the game. He wasn’t in his regular seat because he was moved over a section for Cubs family.

When I arrived to see him, he was chatting with a woman a few rows in front of his regular seats. It was Laurie Rizzo, Anthony’s mom. He came up to his seat when he was done and we chatted a while. He pointed out Zobie’s family and KB’s brother Nick. I tried not to be star struck. As I was leaving, a number of young women in matching black tracksuits with players numbers in gold arrived carrying glasses of champagne. A little early for champagne, but it obviously didn’t hurt the mojo.

The celebrity sighting did not stop there! I saw the big kahuna himself: Tom Ricketts and is wife. Tom looked rich-guy-normal, Cecilia was dripping in diamonds. They were traveling fast along the walkway in the middle of the inning and I was had just come up with a loaded hot dog and beer. I almost bumped into overdressed Cecilia! Thanks for the team Tom. Sorry about the Old Style and neon green relish Cecilia.

Last night was celebrity night for me.

I am FB friends with a die hard Cubs fan who is a meteorologist for our local CBS affiliate. I met him at the Cubs game and I’ve run into him a couple of times at and around the park. His tickets are behind home plate in the 100 level so I went to visit him before the game. He wasn’t in his regular seat because he was moved over a section for Cubs family.

When I arrived to see him, he was chatting with a woman a few rows in front of his regular seats. It was Laurie Rizzo, Anthony’s mom. He came up to his seat when he was done and we chatted a while. He pointed out Zobie’s family and KB’s brother Nick. I tried not to be star struck. As I was leaving, a number of young women in matching black tracksuits with players numbers in gold arrived carrying glasses of champagne. A little early for champagne, but it obviously didn’t hurt the mojo.

The celebrity sighting did not stop there! I saw the big kahuna himself: Tom Ricketts and is wife. Tom looked rich-guy-normal, Cecilia was dripping in diamonds. They were traveling fast along the walkway in the middle of the inning and I was had just come up with a loaded hot dog and beer. I almost bumped into overdressed Cecilia! Thanks for the team Tom. Sorry about the Old Style and neon green relish Cecilia.
I didn't think you were going and trying to find someone to take your tickets. Guess you went after all...good for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter