Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Well, crap.

Does this look like anyone we know (the cleaned up version)?

santa-claus-coming-town4.jpg

Hey guys! I’m cutting out early tonight - big party at our house tomorrow and family coming in Saturday.

This season may not have turned out exactly how we (I) wanted but I’m proud of our team. Wishing them all the best in the off season and hope they come out swinging in the spring. Thanks for the memories. It’s been a great ride!

#Cubsfanforlife

Posting while walking back to my car for the long drive home.

Good luck to the Dodgers in the World Series.

They were the better team this year and all the Dodgers fans I met tonight were all very nice! I didn’t pay too much attention to the celebration on the field so I don’t know how the team behaved.

I’ll make comments on the game etc tomorrow. I’m glad we were not swept.

Posting while walking back to my car for the long drive home.

Good luck to the Dodgers in the World Series.

They were the better team this year and all the Dodgers fans I met tonight were all very nice! I didn’t pay too much attention to the celebration on the field so I don’t know how the team behaved.

I’ll make comments on the game etc tomorrow. I’m glad we were not swept.

I'm surprised you stayed for the whole thing, that was a disaster of a game, Dodgers clowned us.

I hopped the train and watched from Sports Corner. Wanted another lap around Wrigley and to hear the Cubs play. I loved hearing Wayne's Anthem from the rooftop, (and Rossy's 7th). I did not particularly enjoy seeing Kike's grand slam fly past, but am super happy KB clocked his own off of Kershaw, lol. I also appreciate it prevented the shutout, and oddlycemented that all our runs this series were from home runs(that isn't so great tho). I don't care for the Dodger's but they outplayed the Cubs. The Cubs out played 27 other teams, not bad. Watching the season end doesn't hurt as much when it's the middle of October.

DMjhkhuVQAAM1ad.jpg

Rest up Cubbies! Next season starts earlier, is logistically challenged and you get robbed 2 days off on the ASB (get to play STL) and I'm gonna be with you every step of the way!
images

images
'TILL NEXT SEASON WRIGLEY! I feel like the Thank You I left on the wall was a meek offering, but glad I left it. What a team, to three-peat into the Playoff's with a WORLD SERIES in the middle! I actually think it means even more to them now, in a weird way.

128 days until the first Spring Training Game upload_2017-10-20_0-27-9.jpeg

The 2018 home opener is April 9 at Wrigley Field GO CUBS GO!!!!!!

Last edited:

Yea I hear ya but once the grand slam was knocked, it was pretty much game.

That is true, but I stick out games. I always have even when I lived a 20 minute walk away from my seats. The good news about the grand slam was that it gave me about 2 good hours to come to terms with the loss. By the time the Dodgers clinched it, it really didn't hurt as much. As much as I am embarrassed by the score, a nailbiter would have been so much worse for me emotionally. Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda would have eaten me alive. Instead, the Dodgers whooped us so there was no ONE play to point to that was the deciding one. No single goat, but a whole herd and just one (not so) long nightmare of a game.

The Dodgers were the better team and I tip my hat to them.

Thanking the Cubs for another super season, 3rd year in a row for the NLCS, with one world championship season in the middle!! Hoping for another next year.

Thanks to Robin for a continuation of this great thread with a number on site reports and pictures. Thanks to Pam for her undying loyal enthusiasm for our home team here. Always positive. Lineups almost every day, great pictures almost every day. And to all the other members of this fun thread, thanks.

A great team, a great season, a better one next year. Until next year.......:bored:

Hey guys! I’m cutting out early tonight - big party at our house tomorrow and family coming in Saturday.

This season may not have turned out exactly how we (I) wanted but I’m proud of our team. Wishing them all the best in the off season and hope they come out swinging in the spring. Thanks for the memories. It’s been a great ride!

#Cubsfanforlife
Even though it's been a season of wins and losses, rallies and slumps, the boys wearing the red white and blue C had a good season and provided much joy for us fans.
We can say our bats went cold and that may be true, but as previously said, we should also tip our hats to the Dodgers since their bats weren't cold and their pitching fantastic.

Thanks to all the 2017 Cubbies for a great year!

So maybe we can re-name the thread...#Back stronger in 2018?

Last edited:
Hey fin. I thought for sure I'd put my prediction down when you asked for it earlier in the year, but either I thought, but didn't post or the board messed up (happened more than once).

My prediction had been 93, so I was close, but you can either believe me or not...makes no difference at this point.

Next year I predict we'll win 98...I think we'll come back stronger, but pitching will still haunt us (unless Theo's magic in the off season proves me wrong) so we won't quite get to 100. I think some of the younger guys will come back better next year after (pardon the pun) some seasoning. Hoping Monty can become a solid entry into the rotation. If we lose Jake and John, will still need a 5th. Hoping Q will have more 9 inning games next year.

Sadly have to put away the W flag, but expecting to fly it a lot next year.

Last edited:
Good Morning Cub Fan's!Thanks for making this thread a blast again! Just want to point out that the Cub's have gone to the play offs ever since Robin started it, so ummm.....

IT'S STAYING!!!!!!
(I get to type that in October..AGAIN!:worship:)

So many fantastic improvements around the park this year and soon the Hotel Zachary will be done. That's what happens in the off season. Behind the scene's prep for a successful next one. It's very exciting knowing Theo is busy shopping for such improvements already.

I'm sure I will be popping in on this one with news, pictures etc . before spring training, heck , I will be on it for the WS this year lol~ I love baseball. There were a boatload of crazy talented players across the leagues this year, so fun to see what happens next. I loved seeing Big John take the mound last night. Crazy as in '15 he was on the mound for STL and I was rooting for him to blow it, lol. Card's DID lose and Big John joined the Cubs . He knew the right team to join to get back to the playoffs and WORLD SERIES!

Last year I said to watch for the Brewers..my gut is telling me Red's this year . I mean, we always have the thorn in our sides Cardinal's(please don't go to either one, Jake) but the Red's..they got something going over there.

Enjoy the off season everyone~the W flags get a little break this year over winter, but will be ready to fly soon!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Took ours down and put it away for the wnter this morning. :(
Mine is worn so thin I may have to replace it. It is my original one and also the one flown after the WS all winter. It has flown from the back of the jeep heading back from games, it has done laps around Wrigley, it has been shared with many a fan for pictures...even the flag deserves a rest lol. The up side is you are taking it in October 20...OCTOBER!!!!
Don't be sad about it.
DMmS64PW4AEK1Jf.jpg
.it will be flying a LOT next season
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hey fin. I thought for sure I'd put my prediction down when you asked for it earlier in the year, but either I thought, but didn't post or the board messed up (happened more than once).

My prediction had been 93, so I was close, but you can either believe me or not...makes no difference at this point.

Next year I predict we'll win 98...I think we'll come back stronger, but pitching will still haunt us (unless Theo's magic in the off season proves me wrong) so we won't quite get to 100. I think some of the younger guys will come back better next year after (pardon the pun) some seasoning. Hoping Monty can become a solid entry into the rotation. If we lose Jake and John, will still need a 5th. Hoping Q will have more 9 inning games next year.

Sadly have to put away the W flag, but expecting to fly it a lot next year.

OK Gang...DOC has started the predictions! I kinda like his 98..but I'm going with 96 (at this time without knowing any pitching extensions~aka Wade Davis~ aquisitions etc)and hope like heck I am wrong lol

2018 W predictions..can change up until pre-game of the season opener against the Marlin's March 29

Doc 98
FINFAN 96
SEPO 101

Last edited:
And my #FlytheW shirt shipped today. I can wear it all winter for whatever winter we get in SWFL (cold front coming next week, should be in the mid-60's).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter