Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

It said I needed Choice and I have a different plan.

I finally got connected to Marquee 3 days ago! I called DirecTV several times and spoke to CS reps who knew nothing and were determined that I was wrong. Said I should try other channels such as #665 and I told them this would never be a Marquee channel as it is NBCSC (Blackhawks were playing when I was talking to them)! Anyway, after repeatedly requesting a supervisor on Tuesday, I was told that there was a "Worldwide Outage" and a glitch with DirecTV's connection to Marquee. They gave me a $10 credit for this month and said they hoped to have it connected soon. And, it was connected by Wednesday of this week. DirecTV has been horrible since ATT took over!

I was also told that Marquee is available to DirecTV subscribers who have the Choice level plan and above. I did already have Choice. I've heard varying reports as to availability of Marquee to for certain geographic areas. Some have said IL north of Springfield, eastern Iowa and Indiana. I thought part of WI was included but not sure. But I've heard elsewhere that other areas throughout the US should be able to get it, so I don't know what the case is. There is no deal with Comcast yet or Dish so it doesn't sound like many others can get it. What a mess!

And Kyler Lee Bryant was born on April 7. Lucky for Kris that he wasn't busy with baseball. Jess looks good.

KB-Jess-Newbaby.jpg

And anyone ready for Cactus League versus Grapefruit League for this year? That's what MLB is talking about now.

Last edited:

Hello Cubs fans! While I miss Cubs baseball, I do not miss spring baseball. I always have a difficult time selling my April and May tickets, especially to night games. I usually take a bath on them. I guess the good news for me is that I will not lose a crapload of money. The bad news is that I missed going to a game on my birthday :(.

hope everyone is keeping safe.

pasting from a recent article on the schedule:

“The 60 games will be divided this way: 40 games against every team in a club’s own division, so the Cubs will play 10 games against all the N.L. Central teams. This will likely be split into a pair of five-game series to minimize travel. Then there will be 20 games against each team in the corresponding division for all teams, so the Cubs will face A.L. Central teams.

Unfortunately, MLB is insisting that the ridiculous “rivalry” games take precedence again, so the Cubs and White Sox will play each other six times.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter