Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Watching the game today, they kept showing fans in the stands (they were superimposed some how). Darvish wasn't as good as Kyle was yesterday. Happ's home run brought back the memory of his first pitch of baseball season home run in 2018 at the Marlins. We were there for that one.

I liked the fake fans in the stands, but I think they should be more blue for the Cubs. I also liked the fake fan noise EXCEPT they were cheering at times that home team fans would never cheer. I was amused when they boo'd when someone (Caratini, maybe?) was hit. I hope that they work out the kinks as the season goes on.

Can someone please give Kimbrel a case of Covid-19? He's supposed to be a closer for the Cubs, not the other team.

Alec Mills is a pretty good starter. 8-5 last night. 4-1 for the season so far.

Can someone please give Kimbrel a case of Covid-19? He's supposed to be a closer for the Cubs, not the other team.
He really trimmed down and lost that awful beard. I was happy when we first got him and I was really hoping that he would anchor the bullpen. Instead, he couldn't find the plate with both hands. Our closer always makes me nervous.

Despite Kimbrel, we're off to a good start!

As an aside, I am totally jonesing for a live baseball game. I thought about shelling out $700 for 2 rooftop tickets but then Chicago added Wisconsin to the "naughty" list so we can't even go to the game. I guess I should thank that Mayor for saving me a grand in tickets and hotel.

Guess you posted before last night's game, Robin. Not quite as bad as it could have been. I was hoping Kyle would give us a repeat of the first game.

Four years ago today.
Cubs overcame a 6-0 deficit to win the game.
Travis Wood moved from the mound to Left Field and made an outstanding catch up against the ivy.
Jon Lester pinch hit because they were out of position players and bunted into a "walk-off" win. What a game that was.

I just had a FB memory come up from early in the morning of 7/30/2014. I had just returned home from the longest game in Cubs history. It was on 7/29/2014 and was 16 innings in 6 hours and 27 minutes and the Cubs won! Sadly, I had to leave about half way through when the game went into extras since I live about 3 hours from Wrigley and I had to be home to take my daughter to swim practice in the morning. I ran into tons of detours on the way home and was able to listen to the whole rest of the game :cool1:.

I just had a FB memory come up from early in the morning of 7/30/2014. I had just returned home from the longest game in Cubs history. It was on 7/29/2014 and was 16 innings in 6 hours and 27 minutes and the Cubs won! Sadly, I had to leave about half way through when the game went into extras since I live about 3 hours from Wrigley and I had to be home to take my daughter to swim practice in the morning. I ran into tons of detours on the way home and was able to listen to the whole rest of the game :cool1:.
We were at the Cubs-Marlins game that went 17 innings on Mar 30 2018. Only five hours 18 minutes. Eddie Butler was the losing pitcher for the Cubs. Where is he now?

Chatty was on fire tonight. 11 strike outs. Darvish was great last night. Kimbrel? Go away, far away.

Season seems precarious with the Marlins-Phillies, Cards-Brewers news.

I really wish our first base coach (Craig Driver it seems) would maybe mask up a bit. He’s right there talking in everyone’s face, same as figuratively passing a joint he’s been nursing around to the whole team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter