Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Cubs Win! This extra innings stuff is nerve wracking. I wish Jon could have a do-over of his first two innings, call them practice innings. It takes him about two innings to get going.

But the extra innings stuff has nothing on seeing Kimbrel warming up in the bull pen.

Oh man. I feel really bad for Kimbrel. It's too bad there's no AAA because he needs a little vacay to get his head back on straight. If I were Rossy, I'd bring him in earlier in the game in a less stressful situation than closing. I'd put him in with 2 outs so he would (hopefully) only see one batter. Or, I'd put him on the DL for something and give him time to work with a pitching coach. He was such a good pitcher for the Braves and Red Sox, I don't know what's wrong with him now.

With the crazy 2020 season officially underway, and the Cubs so far doing well, thought we could all use a smile and a bit of levity......

Who's On First?

Oh man. I feel really bad for Kimbrel. It's too bad there's no AAA because he needs a little vacay to get his head back on straight. If I were Rossy, I'd bring him in earlier in the game in a less stressful situation than closing. I'd put him in with 2 outs so he would (hopefully) only see one batter. Or, I'd put him on the DL for something and give him time to work with a pitching coach. He was such a good pitcher for the Braves and Red Sox, I don't know what's wrong with him now.
Kimbrel has struggled with the Cubs since day one. With all the time off he has had, I'm surprised he hasn't worked day and night with a coach to resolve his problems.

Did anyone catch Ross’s postgame video conference. I absolutely loved his answer defending Javy on the last question.

Other crazy thing is to see the Marlins in first place in the NL East. With three games, they were 2 and 1. Now they are 5 and 1. I also thought the Angels would be in a better position with all their new talent, plus Joe. But they are 4 and 8.
Did anyone catch Ross’s postgame video conference. I absolutely loved his answer defending Javy on the last question.
I watch on DirecTV Extra Innings, so they shut it down before they get to any of the after game stuff.

The place I watch shuts down and I don't get to see any after game stuff either.

So, it ended up being yet a 2nd repeat question of the postgame attempting to corner Ross on how he planned to handle Javy not running out of the box on that right field bloop single that stayed fair. Ross basically shamed the questioner for even asking saying he had no problem with it and that he has no intention of being a nitpicky manager that micromanages to the point of losing the team‘s vibe and looseness and desire to win... that eveyone knows that Javy “works his butt off”and gives his very best. Those weren’t his exact words but that’s how I remember the gist of it and recall that it made me sit up. The Marquee postgame hosts focused on it a while too afterward with positive surprise as well.

Good news from Javy and Irmarie. Baby Baez No 2 is on the way. These two games in Cleveland have been fun for Javy and Lindor.

Cards have a horrible schedule the next few days. Three double headers in five days, plus two single games.

Cards have a horrible schedule the next few days. Three double headers in five days, plus two single games.
I heard that each Cardinal player and traveling staff member were doing a rental car caravan from St Louis to Chicago, one person per car. :drive:

They have 11 doubleheaders scheduled. I don't feel bad for them at all as they brought in on themselves. The upside for us is that with only 7 innings each game, we might not have to go to our bullpen :rotfl:.

One favorite thing about watching on Extra Inning/Marquee is seeing my favorite commercial every time. It's the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois. The guy is living in the cave marking off the days he has been stuck there when he realizes his BC/BS card will reflect light to get attention to be rescued. The ending kills me every time.

By the way, why are the Brewers wearing Cub Scout hats? That's what they look like. Blue and yellow.

Last edited:
I love the new Brewers uniforms, including the hats with the “M” and “B” looking like a glove. They are beautifully retro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter