Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I like to think this is how a convo between Joe and Davey went down before the game:

D: Manfred and the MLB have lost it. Since we are out of contention and you taught me well Jedi Master, let me suggest a scenario for the game.

J: I'm listening

D: I'll do you a solid and won't pitch Max. You're turn

J:I won't play Zo. You?

D:Harper will go 0-4, but I know that can happen anyway. You're up

J:I'll PH Willy in what could potentially be the biggest spot in the game AND pull Nat's killer Bote. You're move

D: Huge! I won't allow Doo to warm up in time and tell Javy to bunt. Go ahead

J. Solid move brother, I'll bat Stropy...looks like you have to offer up bank

D. You get Doo next year on the cheap

handshake~ done

and if Murphy (and a few others) don't start hitting I'm picking up Cog's myself.

Last edited:

I just read that Cole Hamels first Dad lost his battle with cancer the other night. :sad2: I HATE cancer. Strength to you Cole, may your dad RIP.

Happy 10th Anniversary of the Big Z no-hitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To this day, the ONLY no-hitter thrown at Wrigley North!!!!!!!!!!!!
DnEnT0-X4AAJdp-.jpg

Bullpen is going to cause chest pains this month.
My DD flew in from CA late last night for a wedding.(we get to see her a whole 6 hours:() anyway we usually pick her up but her BF folks wanted to this time which allowed us to see the end of the game vs missing it. My blood pressure wishes that maybe we should have :rotfl2:but sure was fun seeing the guys step up and hang on! Glad to see/hear the crowd in it too. This team has said multiple times that the crowd absolutely helps, so I hope they keep it up! Weather is going to be stellar this weekend:sunny::sunny::sunny:

Today's game wasn't quite as nerve-racking as yesterday's, but it still had me worrying from time to time. Happ's homer yesterday was great. He wasn't as good today. Caratini is looking really good. His hitting is going up, his catching is really good and he can still play first base.

I am just trying to focus on game at a time. I believe we face Grienke in AZ.because why not?:crazy::scared: Faced all the other Ace's.pirate: did us a favor tonight but we play them next week soooo... no where near out of the woods but JHey,Schwarb's & Morrow within days of returning!

Javy finally gets an off day (and we'll see if it's a whole day) AAJ not playing, and it's his bobblehead day. Was hoping if he played he would have results like Willy did. Clearly , in this no room for error stretch, Victor's framing and bat are getting the thumbs up over Willy's, and do the defensive switch later.

Is the game not on ABC today? It's not showing up on DirecTV Extra Innings except for the Reds broadcast. So I'm not going to get to see the AAJ bobblehead. I see the White Sox are on NBC Sports, but can't find any ABC7 Cubs game on television. Dang.

And the Reds broadcast is on their Fox channel. So the insets stink and they don't use pitchcast, just a barely visible box with pitches that disappear.

Is the game not on ABC today? It's not showing up on DirecTV Extra Innings except for the Reds broadcast. So I'm not going to get to see the AAJ bobblehead. I see the White Sox are on NBC Sports, but can't find any ABC7 Cubs game on television. Dang.

And the Reds broadcast is on their Fox channel. So the insets stink and they don't use pitchcast, just a barely visible box with pitches that disappear.

It's being broadcast live on FB via Channel 7.

It's being broadcast live on FB via Channel 7.
Yeah, I don't FB. So we watched the Reds broadcast with the sound off and followed the play by play on the computer. Milwaukee also lost, so we didn't lose any ground today.

Therapy for myself:

Cubs at 88 wins with 12 games left. And the tie breaker (eta: nope)
Brewers at 86 wins with 11 games left.

If Cubs go 7-5, they get to 95. Brewers must go 10-1 to get to 96.

If Cubs go 6-6, 94... Brewers 9-2 to 95.

And so on.

Brewers are red hot, and they’ve done those numbers this month. But, this helps me.

EDIT: I’m totally wrong. We do NOT hold any tie breaker since the rules were changed in 2012:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_tie-breaking_procedures

https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-mlb-postseason-tiebreaker-scenarios/c-292285260

We’d have to play a game at Wrigley to decide the division winner! Loser would get Wildcard spot 1. So, add a game less to the Brewers hill to climb, and they earn a tie-break game which we DON’T NEED. The loser would play 2 games prior to a possible NLDS.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter