Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Therapy for myself:

Cubs at 88 wins with 12 games left. And the tie breaker (eta: nope)
Brewers at 86 wins with 11 games left.

If Cubs go 7-5, they get to 95. Brewers must go 10-1 to get to 96.

If Cubs go 6-6, 94... Brewers 9-2 to 95.

And so on.

Brewers are red hot, and they’ve done those numbers this month. But, this helps me.

EDIT: I’m totally wrong. We do NOT hold any tie breaker since the rules were changed in 2012:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_tie-breaking_procedures

https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-mlb-postseason-tiebreaker-scenarios/c-292285260

We’d have to play a game at Wrigley to decide the division winner! Loser would get Wildcard spot 1. So, add a game less to the Brewers hill to climb, and they earn a tie-break game which we DON’T NEED. The loser would play 2 games prior to a possible NLDS.

Just enjoy the ride, Sepo..enjoy the ride
7ba7ac914551f8bc83b31e83ba11ce1c.jpg

so far, so good. If it's any consolation on the Morrow woes, the Brave's, Dodger's and STL all in a questionable bullpen state.

They certainly needed this day off. In unrelated news, they had a fire at one of the concessions today. Good thing Engine 78 is so close.

Are they taking a charter plane to the South Side?
I can tell you that the Sox fans are Brewer fans and that Hawk Harrelson wants a sweep for his last broadcast on Sunday. In no way are ANY remaining games easy. Most fan bases (of teams we still play)that are being vocal on social media are hoping the Brewers win. I take it as a compliment

I read another article later on that said MLB was investigating this and the investigation started in June, 2017. They all thought it was over with. NBCSports interviewed Tom Ricketts right before the game and he said they were cooperating with MLB and hoped it would be resolved soon.

I read another article later on that said MLB was investigating this and the investigation started in June, 2017. They all thought it was over with. NBCSports interviewed Tom Ricketts right before the game and he said they were cooperating with MLB and hoped it would be resolved soon.
Last I knew was his ex would not cooperate with the MLB,(and still hasn't AFAIK) nor has a police report been stated as having been filed. Is that why they thought it was over? The MLB never closed it as far as I knew. I will say, the timing of her post makes me think she is holding the entire Cubs organization in fault (fault maybe not the right word, responsible in part/some way)along with Addison. I know the Cubs stated when the original allegation occurred , that they reached out to her with support and anything she needed. I understand her choosing whatever path she needed to heal, but some of this is really confusing. That said, we are not privy to all the details.. Her post was very specifically worded, but I can't imagine any lawyer would advise to post it on social media? Pretty sure Addie's last game was in AZ as a Cub.

Last edited:
the Pirate Brewer game is currently in a rain delay in the top of the 5th, with the Buccos leading 3-1, 2 outs from it being a CG. If the MLB calls this game, doesn't make them wait forever like the Cubs had to in the Nat's series...EACH DAY~ and starts it from scratch as a double header tomorrow...I am going to believe the conspiracy chatter.

Lead about to be cut back to 1.5. I only saw part of today's game but read that Schwarber was wincing during his ab's. Did anyone see it?

Lead about to be cut back to 1.5. I only saw part of today's game but read that Schwarber was wincing during his ab's. Did anyone see it?
He wasn't a good DH yesterday. He must be still hurting. And it looks like he has gained back all the weight plus some that he lost during Spring Training. He's not so lean any more.

He wasn't a good DH yesterday. He must be still hurting. And it looks like he has gained back all the weight plus some that he lost during Spring Training. He's not so lean any more.
I wonder if he was wearing a back brace of some sort looking like he gained a few?

I wonder if he was wearing a back brace of some sort looking like he gained a few?
I don't think they make back braces that long or big. His legs are bigger, too. No, he's gained his weight back. That might be part of his problem. His girlfriend was really helping him with his diet last Spring. Are they still together?

I think the Addie thing really got into the team's heads. It's blowing an emotional hole through the team right now at a time when it hurts the most. It's hard to focus when your team mate shames himself and the organization. No wonder they lost last night to the Sux.

I, for one, believe Melissa. For whatever reason she didn't want to cooperate with MLB last year for whatever reason. I assume that she is ready to cooperate now.

What annoys me the most about this is, where are the adults in Addison Russell's life? Does he at least have a personal manager that can advise him? The investigation was NEVER closed. I thought it was, but Addie sure the heck knew it was still open. Why didn't he come clean in the off season when the focus was not on playing? Take his lumps and rejoin the team or get traded? Why the heck didn't someone tell him that it was gong to catch up with him?

And ... as much as I adore Joe Maddon, he was absolutely tone deaf about Melissa's post.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports...ll-domestic-violence-theo-epstein-joe-maddon/
Did he read the blog post?

“I did not,’’ he said.

Should he?

“I don’t know, should I?’’ he said. “Again, the process is in the hands of MLB and the players union and the player and his former wife. There’s really nothing I can do. There’s nothing I’m capable of doing. It’s outside of our control, our hands. Processes and mechanisms are put in place for a reason. It does not need my interference right now.’’

I'm going to have to look tonight..he looked just as slim to me before he hurt his back:confused3Yes, I believe he & his GF are just fine. She was at his recent benefit 2 weeks ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!