Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I think the Addie thing really got into the team's heads. It's blowing an emotional hole through the team right now at a time when it hurts the most. It's hard to focus when your team mate shames himself and the organization. No wonder they lost last night to the Sux.

I, for one, believe Melissa. For whatever reason she didn't want to cooperate with MLB last year for whatever reason. I assume that she is ready to cooperate now.

What annoys me the most about this is, where are the adults in Addison Russell's life? Does he at least have a personal manager that can advise him? The investigation was NEVER closed. I thought it was, but Addie sure the heck knew it was still open. Why didn't he come clean in the off season when the focus was not on playing? Take his lumps and rejoin the team or get traded? Why the heck didn't someone tell him that it was gong to catch up with him?

And ... as much as I adore Joe Maddon, he was absolutely tone deaf about Melissa's post.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports...ll-domestic-violence-theo-epstein-joe-maddon/
Of course it got in their heads, how could it not? The accusations are against Addie, yet to post her story at this time was no doubt to hurt the entire team and organization. I also believe their life was a mess but to your point of saying nothing being done with him during the open investigation could be that nothing was found to do anything about? She would not cooperate with the MLB, I don't know if Addie was just as uncooperative. I think Addies agent is ScottBoras so no "adult" influence there. Expecting Addie to man-up is prob a pretty tall order. As far as the Cubs Org..I have no idea what the Players Union guidelines are on this as well .I understand the divorce proceedings were going on so she may have been focusing on that as a separate deal? I am doing my best to wait on facts (Patrick Kane, but I know that was not over the length of time as the Addie case)but honestly I doubt they ever come out. She chose her words very carefully and appears to intentionally be very non-specific to protect herself from a lawsuit . Joe Maddons comments sounded like those from a shell shocked Manager who has held a team together through just about every crap situation yo can think of. I think they all believed Addie on being innocent, and *technically* that is the law of innocent until proven guilty. Rizzos comments were a little odd too , again I think shell shocked. I read Addie has the right to call for an immediate hearing within 24 hours of being placed on administrative leave and he and the players union are considering it.
ETA: I tried searching for a concrete answer on what the Cub's can do while Addie on AL, but only found vague info. Obviously, they cannot release Addie based on a social media post~ but I can't imagine they do not want to end this A.S.A.P.

Last edited:
FLY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
images

Dirty Birds pull of a win, but Brewers lose!

I don't think they make back braces that long or big. His legs are bigger, too. No, he's gained his weight back. That might be part of his problem. His girlfriend was really helping him with his diet last Spring. Are they still together?
Schwarb's did look a little poochier to me yesterday, but the main thing I noticed was his base-running which looked really uncomfortable. He is starting in LF today tho, with Murphy as DH. KB day off.
Terrence Gore has to make the PO roster somehow.

Schwarb's did look a little poochier to me yesterday, but the main thing I noticed was his base-running which looked really uncomfortable. He is starting in LF today tho, with Murphy as DH. KB day off.
Terrence Gore has to make the PO roster somehow.
Oh, yeah, Terrence is good. He's another one with a big future.

cubs-win-4-1478218002-9946.jpg

so I checked the probable pitchers for STL that the Brewers face vs who we face, are you kidding me?:rolleyes:

Brewers face: Gomber (6-1) Flaherty (8-8) Gant (7-6)

We face Wainright(2-3) Mikolas(16-4) and prob Gomber(who better be 7-1 by then)

this week is going to be off the charts stress level :scared:

ETA:Its Flaherty tonight...I must have listed a day ahead..or Card's shifted rotation?

Last edited:

Maybe StL will be playing for nothing that last day, if they’ve wrapped up WC2, and will rest him.

Just when I was feeling better. Thanks a lot.

Jk
Getting thru the Pirates rotation is going to be seriously brutal & STL & Brewers both get Thursday off when we face William's (who just held the Brewers to I think.. a 2 hit shut out.) & Cubs head right into the STL series. Rain hitting tomorrow and Tuesday ....so don't stress about STL just yet lol~Buccos get that attention first. Good thing I live under 2 miles from the ER.

weather forecast has improved for today, looks great.Tomorrow still shows rain, tho.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would very much like to NOT go 6 straight games against the Pirate scoring the infamous solo run. Props to Hollywood tho his home run? t'was a beauty!

Last edited:
FE743E2C-FBE8-4003-ACAB-199BCF086F76.jpeg I’m in Chicago for the week, sitting at me very sick sister’s bedside. I made time for the game last night.

Good news is that my sister woke up today after being unresponsive for 10 days. Please keep her in your thoughts.

07807187-A2CD-41AE-A593-888224B1DEBA.jpeg Brighter news, no need to jump off the bridge quite yet. There is still a lot of green on the chart. Time to sink the Pie-rats.

I’m probably going to the game tonight and just grabbing a ticket at the last minute. It was sparse (!) last night and should be worse tonight with rain in the forecast.

View attachment 353958 I’m in Chicago for the week, sitting at me very sick sister’s bedside. I made time for the game last night.

Good news is that my sister woke up today after being unresponsive for 10 days. Please keep her in your thoughts.
Encouraging news on your sister, Robin!Sending positive vibes her/your way:goodvibes

View attachment 353959 Brighter news, no need to jump off the bridge quite yet. There is still a lot of green on the chart. Time to sink the Pie-rats.

I’m probably going to the game tonight and just grabbing a ticket at the last minute. It was sparse (!) last night and should be worse tonight with rain in the forecast.
You got to see Hollywood crush that ball!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Get the W, Robin...hopefully tonight's crop of fans are less rude to KB than last night. My neighbors sister was in sec 205 and completely disgusted with KB getting boo'd. I get the frustration on the errors but WTH? Hope the weather cooperates, and the bats come alive and kick some booty!

You got to see Hollywood crush that ball!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Get the W, Robin...hopefully tonight's crop of fans are less rude to KB than last night. My neighbors sister was in sec 205 and completely disgusted with KB getting boo'd. I get the frustration on the errors but WTH? Hope the weather cooperates, and the bats come alive and kick some booty!
KB seemed really off last night. It made me wonder if he came back too soon.

KB seemed really off last night. It made me wonder if he came back too soon.
IMHO he absolutely came back too soon. I think it's going to take through ST next year. I think he really, really wants to be a contributing player on the team, esp with every blow they have been dealt this season and being short handed. I also (& I have zero to back this up) get the feeling his Dad's coaching/hitting ways and Chili's are about as opposite as you can get further complicating things.

I’m in Chicago for the week, sitting at me very sick sister’s bedside. I made time for the game last night.

Glad your sister is starting to do better, Robin!

Hopefully, tonight's game will go better. It has just started to rain here, pretty hard. I'm far northwest of the city. I hope it's not rained out tonight, or that if there is a rain delay, that it doesn't go too late.

I only watched the game online since I was watching DWTS and Voice, etc, so I didn't see what happened to KB. I only wish him the very best and know he also wants the very best for the Cubs. As a nurse specializing in orthopedic injuries, I can attest that shoulder injuries take a long time to heal, especially for someone who uses this joint to the degree baseball players do. He wasn't out long, that's for sure. I hope he is able to rest it and get rehabbed during the fall / winter break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter