*Chicago DIS Meet - Culvers December meet-pictures on pg.1!*

Mac and Jedi -
What time is the DISmeet exactly? Are we talking maybe starting to meet at 11:30am til ? at Culvers. Just in case my family and I get there a little late to Culvers, how long are you all staying at Culvers? I see on Jedi's 1st post, you want to start the meet around 11:15 am. Just want to make sure there will be enough tables for all our families if some of us get there a little late (like around 12 noon). I'm hoping my family and I will get there around 11:30 am, but you never know if we run a little late getting there.
Just let us know what the time is, starting and ending times for the Dismeet at Culvers, not the shopping part. Thanks! :)

i will be there at 11:00 and try to hold down tables.

carmen and i figured the crowds would not come to culvers until after 12.

i need a head count so we know how many tables to stake out.
i can go through and count who is a yay here but if you want, let's have carmen put up a poll with the number that we should plan on.

can you do that carmen?

i will be back home on thursday night of htis week. i leave in the morning for southern illinois to take care of my parents. then on wednesday afternoon, will be driving up to macomb, its' near quincy illinois.
packing up college son and leaving around noon on thursday to come home.
we wil be hitting the chgo rush hour........so that's why i figure i will be home around 7ish.

on thursday night or friday, pm me for my cell number.
this way if you are running late or hit traffic, we will wait for you and your family.

that goes for anyone else here. i can give out my cell number by pm to you so you don't have to worry if you run late.

carmen and i thought 11:15 would be a good starting time.

in the meantime, contact carmen if you need an answer before thursday night/ friday morning.

see you all on sunday !!

for those that can not make this meet, we will set up a repeat in january for culvers. you can never get enough of their turtle sundaes........ :teeth:

and during january, we can hit the mark down sales at the mall or hit a movie over there .....

i am sure we all will not be there at 11ish.
i do think some will be there around 11:30.

we will stay there for a minumum of at least one hour.

i think it would be at least for 1 and 1/2 hours.

carmen, correct me if i am wrong on this.

don't want it to be a meet where we just eat in 20 minutes and then decide to leave. want to have time to talk and see everyone that comes out.

of course, you don't have to stay that long but i will stay until the last one wants to leave.

:wave2: Thanks for the PMs guys! i will miss u too! DH and i took the kiddies to Culvers last night and i thought of you all! have fun and drive safely!!!

I am just back from MouseFest.. (haven't even check the Chicago thread yet).. but as it is the first sunday in Hanakuh.. I have to check and see what time we need to be in DesPlaines. If I make it I am sure it will be just me...

I can't make it this time...there is too much to do before the holidays. Have fun!

Jean

Hi all-
We (4 of us) really will try to be there tomorrow for the Meet. Might run a little late, like be there probably close to 12 noon, even tho I would like to get there a little earlier. Depends when I can get everyone out the door tomorrow morning, as I'm not a morning person at all and DD is sometimes very hard to get out the door in the mornings.

Mac or Jedi- Can one of you PM me your cell phone # in case we run pretty late or can't make it at the last minute? Thanks!

jedi did a great job of pics !!

and if you notice, the containor that was in front of me was empty.
that was what held my turtle sundae but i had chocolate custard instead of the vanilla.............a gal can never have enough chocolate. :thumbsup2

I do apologize for Chrissy's tongue sticking out in the group pic. She was in a feisty/obnoxious mood today :rolleyes: :crazy: The rest of the pics came out great!!

I just noticed that santa at Culvers a couple of minutes before we left to go home. Culvers tends to put up strange things/ statues in the middle of the dining area. Last yr, I was at a Culvers in Pleasant Prairie, WI that had a big blow-up plastic turkey up in the dining area (like the ones that are display on people's lawns). It was too funny! :lmao: People were actually taking pics of their kids next to this blow-up turkey at that specific Culvers! :rotfl2:

Mac- thanks for the Gurnee Mills directory maps. Couldn't get enough of those :teeth:

rosemarie, don't think twice about chrissy, she was just being a kid and having a ball......

she's a cutie !! and was a lot of fun....

yea, i picked up a lot of the mall directories for the group.
i went over to the mall before i went to culvers in case anyone wanted the updated guide of the stores at the mall.

i think i was the pusher today.
gave everyone 2 of them and still came home with a handful of them.

i told all to put one guide directory in the car and the other with their address book at home.

I went to the mall and man, was it crazy :crazy: I bought a couple of things - but they were all for me. I knew that would happen :rolleyes:

Just stopped by to check out the pics!! It looks like everyone was having a great time. I wish more people lived up here in the boonies of northern MI so we could do a meet like that here. :rolleyes:

We even have a Culvers, although in the 2 years since we moved here, we've never once been there. I think these pics have inspired me to go and check it out!! :teeth: ;)

Glad you all were able to meet up and thanks for sharing the pics! :thumbsup2

mommaU4 said:
Just stopped by to check out the pics!! It looks like everyone was having a great time. I wish more people lived up here in the boonies of northern MI so we could do a meet like that here. :rolleyes:

We even have a Culvers, although in the 2 years since we moved here, we've never once been there. I think these pics have inspired me to go and check it out!! :teeth: ;)

Glad you all were able to meet up and thanks for sharing the pics! :thumbsup2

Hi, BETH!!!! :wave: :grouphug:
Yes, Culvers is pretty special. I dunno if they have them in Vegas :teeth:

jedi_librarian said:
Hi, BETH!!!! :wave: :grouphug:
Yes, Culvers is pretty special. I dunno if they have them in Vegas :teeth:
:eek:

Darn, well then that gives me a reason to go more often here. :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Great pics! I enjoyed meeting up with many of you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter