Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

Just a gentle reminder that the last day for the lottery application is tomorrow (2 pm US Central Time on 11/30/2017)! Have I missed anyone that has applied/been accepted?

Participants
Accepted:
@mrsg00fy
@DopeyBadger
@garneska
@CheapRunnerMike
@marn913

Applied:

@rteetz
@ZellyB
@Chris-Mo
@camaker
@roxymama
@courtneybeth
@michigandergirl
@canglim52
MrsCheapRunnerMike
@*DisneyDreamer
@croach
@cburnett11
@bellrae
@ChattaDIS
marn913 (sister)

Interested:

@Keels
@sourire
@GollyGadget (spectating?)
@pixarmom
@Wendy98
@FFigawi
@VAfamily1998
@DVCFan1994
@Sailormoon2
@Anisum

Awesome! I'm getting closer, but not quite there for the legacy spot. Are you running the shuffle again this year?
Yes, for the legacy spot you have to be registered and complete the Shamrock Shuffle in 2018 too. A couple of my running groups go every year, so we end up with a load of crazies at the Shuffle (I think we were close to 50 participants last year!)

Yes, for the legacy spot you have to be registered and complete the Shamrock Shuffle in 2018 too. A couple of my running groups go every year, so we end up with a load of crazies at the Shuffle (I think we were close to 50 participants last year!)

That sounds like a blast! I'm in for next year as well. Gotta keep chipping away at my time if I can.
What running groups are you in? I'm a lone-wolf right now since I run at weird times.

Just received notification that I’m in for Berlin!

We have just two weeks folks. Then we find out about Chicago. Come on mojo. Time to make more Disneyland wishing fountain wishes.

Congratulations! I have not heard anything from Berlin yet, so that's not a good sign...

Maybe I need to get your wishing well secrets so I can get into one of these big races!

It's 2:01pm....the window has closed...and now we wait....

tenor.gif

Just a gentle reminder that the last day for the lottery application is tomorrow (2 pm US Central Time on 11/30/2017)! Have I missed anyone that has applied/been accepted?

Participants
Accepted:
@mrsg00fy
@DopeyBadger
@garneska
@CheapRunnerMike
@marn913

Applied:

@rteetz
@ZellyB
@Chris-Mo
@camaker
@roxymama
@courtneybeth
@michigandergirl
@canglim52
MrsCheapRunnerMike
@*DisneyDreamer
@croach
@cburnett11
@bellrae
@ChattaDIS
marn913 (sister)

Interested:

@Keels
@sourire
@GollyGadget (spectating?)
@pixarmom
@Wendy98
@FFigawi
@VAfamily1998
@DVCFan1994
@Sailormoon2
@Anisum
I applied :)

Congratulations! I have not heard anything from Berlin yet, so that's not a good sign...

Maybe I need to get your wishing well secrets so I can get into one of these big races!

What did your final result end up being? A non-answer is not a "no" - you still have 2-3 days to get an answer. Some people still haven't heard in one of my facebook groups.

It's 2:01pm....the window has closed...and now we wait....
And wait, and wait, and wait. :)

Time to make some wishes for everyone.

What did your final result end up being? A non-answer is not a "no" - you still have 2-3 days to get an answer. Some people still haven't heard in one of my facebook groups.

Still no word from Berlin. I think the likelihood of getting in drops with each passing hour. My observation has been that the acceptances seem to go out first, followed by the "we're sorry, try again next year" notices. So far I'm 0 for London and Tokyo with Berlin looking grim and Chicago still up in the air.

Still no word from Berlin. I think the likelihood of getting in drops with each passing hour. My observation has been that the acceptances seem to go out first, followed by the "we're sorry, try again next year" notices. So far I'm 0 for London and Tokyo with Berlin looking grim and Chicago still up in the air.

A Ditka prayer candle just for you...
il_570xN.538948414_4tws.jpg

I saw one or two more today get entries - fingers still crossed for you! :(

A Ditka prayer candle just for you...
il_570xN.538948414_4tws.jpg

O great and powerful Ditka, why hast thou forsaken me? Didst I not say the required number of "Hail Da Bears!" when beseeching your intervention? Lo, I even made the pilgrimage to the most holy of sites, the Field of Soldiers, within the last fortnight. Alas and woe is me.

Unfortunately the "you were not selected" e-mail came through this evening. It looks like Marathon Tours might have some packages available so I have to decide this weekend whether to try that route or just put all my eggs in the Chicago basket.

It looks like Marathon Tours might have some packages available so I have to decide this weekend whether to try that route or just put all my eggs in the Chicago basket.

Nooooooo!!!! That sucks. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t make it in.

Before signing up with Marathon Tours, You may also want to reach out to Kids Get Going. It’s $800 guaranteed entry (99 pound reg fee and 599 pound donation) but they’ll take people from the US and won’t cause you to book a room or airfare. There’s plenty of cheap hotels around in the area that are close walks to the start - IBIS and other Accor brands are around $150 per night? That was my backup plan.

Fingers crossed that you get to do what is best for you. :)

O great and powerful Ditka, why hast thou forsaken me? Didst I not say the required number of "Hail Da Bears!" when beseeching your intervention? Lo, I even made the pilgrimage to the most holy of sites, the Field of Soldiers, within the last fortnight. Alas and woe is me.

Unfortunately the "you were not selected" e-mail came through this evening. It looks like Marathon Tours might have some packages available so I have to decide this weekend whether to try that route or just put all my eggs in the Chicago basket.

I love your Ditka comments but sad you didn't get pulled. I hope my fair city is kinder to you (and us all!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter