Chicago Marathon 2018 (Oct 7th) DIS Meet Race!

So, I was talking with our Galloway group leader who has run Chicago at least a few times and told her we had entered the lottery. She felt confident that nearly everyone who enters gets in (I think someone else here said that as well). She said she thought they went to lottery to spread out the application period because they had so many troubles with the website crashing when the applications opened up more than that they were getting too many participants. So, I'm hoping she's right about that and we ALL get in. :D

So, I was talking with our Galloway group leader who has run Chicago at least a few times and told her we had entered the lottery. She felt confident that nearly everyone who enters gets in (I think someone else here said that as well). She said she thought they went to lottery to spread out the application period because they had so many troubles with the website crashing when the applications opened up more than that they were getting too many participants. So, I'm hoping she's right about that and we ALL get in. :D

OMG I really hope she is right about that! I never could find the numbers from last year for accepted vs not accepted. Maybe they never released them???

It jives with all of our first hand accounts as well since no one could come up with anyone who had been recently denied via lottery. Hoping not to jinx it and everyone gets in!

OMG I really hope she is right about that! I never could find the numbers from last year for accepted vs not accepted. Maybe they never released them???

It jives with all of our first hand accounts as well since no one could come up with anyone who had been recently denied via lottery. Hoping not to jinx it and everyone gets in!

Thanks for jinxing it. Now I'm guaranteed to be the first to miss out. Sigh...

images

One week! One week! One week!

Do we have any fingernails left to bite?

I think I’m a bit more worried for this one than Berlin. It just seems too easy. You know? Like the thought that keeps crossing my mind: what if everyone gets in and i am the only one who doesn’t? :confused3

I'm pretty positive I applied to Chicago back in the 2012/2013 time frame and didn't get in. I'd say I'm 85% positive that happened, since I've had two kids since then and they've eaten away at least 15% of my brain, if not more...

If I don't get in, I might apply for NYC. At least then I know I won't get in! haha

NYC Half announces tomorrow or Thursday I think. Hoping to get into that(they definitely don't take everyone) and then sail right into Chicago next week. :)

Anyone else trying for NYC half?

Two days! Two days! Two days!

If i get in I think I’m going to book a Hotwire mystery deal for a room and hope for the best due to the cost. Some of these are very expensive. Ouch! I’ll be doing this trip solo, so I’m also open to room shares if anyone wants to cut costs with a low key, very clean and organized roommate. ;)

Two days! Two days! Two days!

If i get in I think I’m going to book a Hotwire mystery deal for a room and hope for the best due to the cost. Some of these are very expensive. Ouch! I’ll be doing this trip solo, so I’m also open to room shares if anyone wants to cut costs with a low key, very clean and organized roommate. ;)

I’m hoping (assuming I get in) that people who miss out will release rooms after the ballot and we will see costs go down...

Not that I'm obsessing much, but for anyone who has gotten in via lottery before, around what time do the notifications start coming through?

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter