Chicago/Suburban DIS People

I don't know about Kik but I'm still open to a meetup, especially since it's warming up.

Also in the NW suburbs! Our family schedule makes scheduling ANYTHING a chore right now, but I'd still be interested in a meetup whenever it happens or just staying in the loop here!

I know this question has been asked several times now, but any plans for a meet up? The weather almost feels like Spring now and think it will be great to meet other DIS fans!

I used to plan some of the meet ups here years and years ago, I don't even think my youngest was born yet! What you need to do is just decide there will be 1 organizer, whoever it is and select 2-3 dates that work for YOU. Once you have that, set a general location (Woodfield Mall) and then break it down to a poll that lasts X amount of days. At that point you have your meet up DAY selected and the group that can make that day, you can go ahead and select the precise location from there.

We have had group meets ups of 8 people to as big as 25! It's a lot of fun and past meets were at Yorktown Mall food court, Disney Movie release day at various movie theaters, people's houses, Aurora outlet malls at the food court and Disney meet ups for people going at the same time!

I used to plan some of the meet ups here years and years ago, I don't even think my youngest was born yet! What you need to do is just decide there will be 1 organizer, whoever it is and select 2-3 dates that work for YOU. Once you have that, set a general location (Woodfield Mall) and then break it down to a poll that lasts X amount of days. At that point you have your meet up DAY selected and the group that can make that day, you can go ahead and select the precise location from there.

We have had group meets ups of 8 people to as big as 25! It's a lot of fun and past meets were at Yorktown Mall food court, Disney Movie release day at various movie theaters, people's houses, Aurora outlet malls at the food court and Disney meet ups for people going at the same time!
Hi Michelle :wave:

A few Chicago meets.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-few-pictures-from-chicago-cars-dis-meet.1149682

https://www.disboards.com/threads/chicago-area-dis-meet-polling-complete.1075108/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/chicago-dis-ginos-meet-update-with-links.538997/

I fully agree. Over the years I initiated, promoted (a key factor) and planned probably 30 or more meets here in Chicago as well as out of town ones when I was traveling for business and many at WDW itself. We used to have 3 a year here in Chicago area, spring, fall and winter. Use the steps Michelle posted above. Promote it on the Community Board. Many read that forum (not as many as years ago, but still more than this forum). You have to continually promote for a few months to get participation. It does take a bit of work. Somebody has to decide on who will be the main coordinator, to keep things moving along. Others can promote also.

The meets are lots of fun. I have met many people over the years at the many meets, some lifelong friends now. I have not organized or been to a Chicago meet in probably over 10 years, but they are worth it.

Does anybody still do this?
I'm in the western suburbs and interested in finding updated information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!