Chicken Fingers and milk allergy ???

HaleyB

I am not a robot
I know I can call and ask, but thought I would check and see if anyone already knew. My son has a milk allergy and one of the two foods he will eat are chicken fingers. He will only eat real chicken, non of that 'formed' meat stuff. And the breading needs to be milk/dairy free. Can any one tell me if the standard WDW chicken fingers fit the bill? They seem to be widely avaliable and I read here somewhere that they were all exactly the same...::MinnieMo pirate: princess: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I'm pretty sure that the chicken fingers are the "real" stuff. My DS would only eat the "formed" chicken nuggets and white american cheese when he was 3. Of course all we found at WDW was yellow cheese and "real" chicken fingers. Now, 3 years later he still doesn't like yellow cheese but he adores "real" chicken fingers thanks to WDW :)

Can't help you with the milk part though...

Don't take a chance, especially if your son has severe reactions.

When we were down in June my dd ate them with no problem, but you just never know.

WDW is usually more than willing to help out with food allergy issues, so just check with them to be sure.

:wave2:

His reaction has not been as bad as when he was younger of late, but you are right, the last thing I need is a child getting sick from food on our vacation. I am crossing my fingers on the chicken strips, otherwise we will have to eat sit down twice a day. I don't think I can get special request items at walk up windows... Milk is a really hard allergy (it is a true protien allergy, not just a sensitivity). There is milk in almost all bread so odds are we will be out of luck on the hot dogs, unless they are Kosher... I think if the are kosher there can't be any milk in the bun... this is why we never eat out! I guess I will have to do some serious research on this one. Good thing I have 6 months (LOL).

Hey I see you are in Texas HunnyPots, do you drive to FL? I am trying to figure out where we will sleep on the way (leaving from far North Austin) because it will be the Saturday of a long weekend (Memorial Day) and I want to book ahead of time. We usally don't when we go on road trips, we just drive until we need to stop... but I am concerned about hotels being full.

When we went last March we asked each restaurant and counter service restaurant for the ingredient list for the chicken they served. One CM at the Sunset Food Market at the Studios was very helpful, she warned us to ask at each restaurant and because not every restaurant or counter service uses the same chicken and she also explained that the vendors change frequently.

Also if you have PS at sit down restaurants you can call the chef a week before you arrive and they will normally prepare chicken fingers without dairy ingredients for you.

Alas we don't have these problems any more because DS 2 will no longer eat meat, veggies or pasta. His disney vacations consist of eating oatmeal, french fries, soy milk and crackers.

Yes, actually we did drive down and plan to do so again!

We are just west of Fort Worth. We took I20 to Shreveport and then 49 down to where it connected with I10 outside of Baton Rouge. We spent the night in New Orleans and then on to Orlando the next day.

Next time, we are going to drive as far as Pensacola or maybe Tallahassee, to make the second day's drive shorter.

All in all, it wasn't a bad drive and we have no reservations about doing it again. I would not want to risk not having a reservation somewhere, though, especially in the summer months when so many people are traveling.

:wave2:

There is some great information at www.allearsnet.com. Click on the "dining" section and there are reports about food allergies, celiac sprue, kosher dining, low-carb foods, etc..... Very helpful.

We just found out last week that my DS (almost 6) has some pretty significant allergies to milk, soy, wheat, eggs. He has had some chronic problems for a few years that I kept telling the Pedi was allergic reaction, but they refused to test until he was 6. He also has a significant tree nut and sesame seed allergy, but I already knew that!! (Hence the need for the Epipen) ANYHOW, I figure I will be packing lots of PB&J on wheatfree bread to bring along into the parks. I will call the restaurants where we have PS about a week ahead to talk to them, but figure I will wing it for the counter meals. Hope this information helps.....P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter