Child Care Marathon Week?

tj4ua

Earning My Ears
My wife and I signed up for our first Dopey (also first marathon) for 2018. We originally had planned an adult only trip, however, as we think about it more and more our 4 year old (will be 5 in October) will be crushed if he finds out we are at Disney without him.

With that being said are there any child care options for while we are running that anyone has used/is aware of? We might be able to bring a grandmother(the one not watching the twins), but just trying to figure out our options.

I used kids nite out for Dopey this year, our sitter was awesome. This was my first experience with a sitter service. I will be using them again next year too! Price was reasonable, considering the early time and the fact that I have two kids. I paid about $22 an hour, 4 hrs is minimum. The only day I went over that was for the marathon. They did not charge at all for the day of the half that was cancelled, I thought that was nice. I honestly thought they would at least hit me up for a reservation fee or something.

Wanted to chime in and say that KNO was great with our 1.5 year old when we were there last month. They sent the same sitter (Maria, who was wonderful) both days, which I thought was a really great practice. We're hoping to do a WDW race in 2018 and are already figuring we'll use KNO again.

Are the kids's clubs open for the races? If not they are leaving a lot of money on the table at Disney which isn't like them. Open the kids clubs early on race days even if all the kids are just going to sleep anyway. It won't work for everyone since I'm sure some people would want a sitter in their room but I suspect it would be used by enough people to justify the cost of the early opening.

I'd second kids nite out but wonder with needing it 4 days in a row it'd be much more cost effective to bring a sitter with you since it'd get expensive..
I would also consider how you and your wife might be feeling after the marathon, and if you might still want help with childcare for the rest of the day. I did Dopey 2017 and even though I trained and am in pretty good shape, the COLD weather and wind really beat me up and I was just useless the whole day Sunday.
Luckily, my husband was with me (he didn't run the marathon) and we didn't have our kids with us...so we just hung in our room most the day and he took care of me :)
But I can't imagine trying to take a young kid to a park if both parents were feeling as rough as I was that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!