Chip and Dale Sing Along

This sounds like fun. Where do you park?

If you're not staying at the Fort, you have two options as how to arrive - one involves parking.

You can come in the "front door" of the Fort by driving or busing into the entrance to Fort Wilderness on Vista Boulevard. If driving you will have to park in the big lot there at the check-in area (referred to as the Outpost area). You can walk to the campfire area or get a FW internal bus at the Outpost bus stop and ask the bus driver where to get off.

Or you can come in the "back door" of the Fort by either boating over from the MK boat dock or busing to WL and then continuing on to FW (mostly). These let you out at the Settlement area down by the Hoop Dee Doo Review, Trails End Restaurant, and the beach. You can walk to the campfire area or get a FW internal bus at the Settlement bus stop and ask the bus driver where to get off.

So the two ends of FW are the Outpost and Settlement areas. There are three internal bus lines that run between the two ends. Any internal line can get you to the campfire but ask your bus driver which stop to get off at. The campfire area is in the middle of FW and it's about a half mile walk from either end. Maybe a little further from Outpost than Settlement but it's still about halfway.

Bama Ed

PS - here is a map from our FW Info thread. Boat Dock is at the top. Settlement Bus Depot is "A" near the top. Outpost Bus Depot is "B" near the bottom. Campfire is #7 middle right. Only update to this map is the purple bus line now follows the Orange bus line down Fort Wilderness Trail when it leaves the cabin area.

new-map-jpg.315552

Last edited:
snowmedic is correct.

Our poster DisneyPeach took a picture of the Food Truck menu which is parked every evening at the Campfire Singalong and they've got a bag of marshmallows for $5, long skinny sticks for roasting said marshmallows less than a buck, and a complete smores kit (grahams, chocolate, mallows) for $10. Enough makings for a couple kids for a night of sugar and gooey goodness.

5148f0dc-7e18-496e-b31b-dc449e538755-jpeg-jpg.361720

There was also an entire food/meal menu this size but this is where the campfire goodies are shown.

It's a fun event. I remember it from my youth.

Bama Ed

Planning on joining this on Thursday evening with my boys (3&5 yrs old) after we arrive...
Do you know if the $10 s’mores kit is enough for 3-4 people or is this one-and-done single s’more kit? (Trying to decide if I need to smuggle chocolate bars/marshmallows/graham crackers in the carry on bag)

Planning on joining this on Thursday evening with my boys (3&5 yrs old) after we arrive...
Do you know if the $10 s’mores kit is enough for 3-4 people or is this one-and-done single s’more kit? (Trying to decide if I need to smuggle chocolate bars/marshmallows/graham crackers in the carry on bag)

WxKristin,

The kit IIRC is one wax paper rectangle of graham crackers (you know how in a box of gc you buy at the store, the gc are actually in 3 or 4 wax paper wrappers? You get one of those wrappers so it 8-10 long rectangle crackers themselves. And maybe two chocolate bars. And a small bag of marshmallows maybe 10-12 of them. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

IMO given your kid's ages I think the kit would be plenty.

Briefly, the fires will be lit at 730pm and the singalong starts at 8pm with a Cast Member on guitar (usually Cowboy Anthony). Chip & Dale come on stage with him then they will come out and walk up and down the rows of benches/seats to say hello or pose for pictures. Chip takes one side of the audience and Dale the other. No need to go to them, they will come around to you. At 840pm or so the songs wrap up and the movie starts (fires keep going).

If you don't mind, please come back to this thread afterward and let us know how it went for you.

Bama Ed

We are staying at FW for the first time in July. I’ve been trying to read up on all these threads. So yes any info is very helpful for planning purposes! We plan to go to the sing along/campfire at least one night to see what it’s like. Is the drink refill station close by/open, or should we just bring drinks from our cabin? I imagine it’ll be pretty hot and everyone will be thirsty.

I am not a refillable mug person but I believe there is a machine at the Meadow Pool adjacent to the Snack Bar (location #5 on the map in post 25). Not sure about accessibility in the evenings when the singalong is held.

Maybe someone else can respond.

Bama Ed

I am very much looking forward to taking the kids to the campfire singalong. We usually bring s'mores ingredients with us camping, so this will be a new twist on it.
A part of me wants to make a little s'mores box just for our Disney trip.

Did this last week and it was great. Kids 3 and 8 loved it. Was fun, laid back and busy but did not feel overly crowded. Go early, like just after 7 and you can usually get a lot of one on one (or rather one on two) time with Chip and Dale.

We are staying at POFQ in July, but arriving a day early. Seems like we should hop over and do this the first night. How late does it usually let out?

We are staying at POFQ in July, but arriving a day early. Seems like we should hop over and do this the first night. How late does it usually let out?

Well again, the fires are lit at 730pm, Chip & Dale and the singalong starts at 8pm and the movie rolls at 840pm. When it's over depends on the length of the movie playing (even a 90-minute flick will put you past 10pm if you stay till the end which I rarely do unless it's a classic like Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Apple Dumpling Gang, Gus, Flubber, or Herbie the Lovebug). And what your plans are for the next morning (like rope drop).

So it just depends.

Bama Ed

It looks like uncomfortable seating. Can we bring our camp chairs?

Nobody's going to stop you, OnlyDisney.

The center lane from the projector building to the front row of seats is paved and I've seen people use folding chairs on those but of course don't block the front-to-back access by putting 4 chairs in a row. The gravel on the sides will work fine with your chairs to. The screen is off to one side so one gravel end has a better view than the other gravel end. When the movie starts, I've seen people set up chairs in front of the benches facing the screen (plenty of room) and even putting down big beach style blankets.

The aluminum benches they have there now are relatively new in the chronicles of the Fort. Previously there were huge logs cut into benches with wood backs which looked beautiful and authentic to the Fort but had absolutely NO give. At least the aluminum benches have a very small amount of flex.

The benches are made to be durable and not comfortable (if truth be told).

So bring the chairs if you want to.

Bama Ed

No need to smuggle anything. :teeth: Guests are welcome to bring their own food to the event. We always bring a little cooler with hot dogs, condiments, drinks, and s'mores fixins'. We roast hot dogs with the grandchildren there, for dinner, first. After we eat those, we let them roast marshmallows for s'mores for dessert. There is plenty of time, and I've personally never experienced it being crowded. We also bring our own camping chairs because the old benches were uncomfortable. Can't say that I've ever sat on the new ones, but I know our chairs are better.

If you haven't seen these Hershey's Smores Kits they are nice for keeping the food stuff together.
My grandkids think the box is too cool. :) It makes going to campfires pretty easy, just this and the fire sticks.
I've seen them at lots of stores this year.

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't seen these Hershey's Smores Kits they are nice for keeping the food stuff together.
My grandkids think the box is too cool. :) It makes going to campfires pretty easy, just this and the fire sticks.

s-l300.jpg
If you are riding internal bus, get off at stop for 900 loop and walk across the street. You can walk behind the trading post and bridge or through 600 loop to bridge over water way right to the sing along. 600 loop is best way. The food at the truck is actually very good and not bad price for Disney. The also have wine and beer.

s-l300.jpg
Welcome Rhino5, thanks for the info I have not seen these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts