• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christine’s and Jeremiah’s Wishes Wedding TR – 12/6/08 – WP/Whitehall/GF Ballrooms

Sleeping_Princess

"Sword of truth fly swift and sure, let evil die a
Hey there Ladies and Gentlemen, we are back from our wonderful Wedding and Honeymoon and ready to start our Wedding Planning Trip Report! I am also going to work a little bit of my planning journal into this since; I never got around to that and seemed to have lost it somewhere on this site (sorry!)

To start, here is some helpful information on the players of this wonderful week and half:
Bride = Christine Julien
Groom = Jeremiah Scherer
Maid of Honor = Alison Black (Sister of the Bride)
Bridesmaid = Robin French (Best Friend from High School)
Bridesmaid = Michelle Jahn (Friend of Bride and Groom)
Best Man = Josh Scherer (Brother of Groom)
Groomsmen = Mike Moore (Brother-In-Law of Groom)
Groomsmen = Ryan Jahn (Friend of Bride and Groom)
Mom of Bride = Susan Black Aurigemma (Recently Divorced and Crazy)
Parents of Groom = Brian and Joan Scherer

Other Players/Vendors Included:
Wedding Planner = Jennifer O’Leary
Disney Florist = Rose Dizon
Photography = Randy Chapman
Video = Friend of the Family
Invitations = Impressions

Day One: (Thursday, December 4th 2008)
The alarm goes off at 8am and I hop out of bed -- who can sleep on the day you are going to Disney? DF (very soon to be DH) and I throw some clothes on and feed our darling little puppy and spend some precious last moments with her before we have to drop her off at the boarding place.

PlanningSession009.jpg

After much puppy love we put her back in her cage and eat some breakfast – best way to start the day.

PlanningSession004.jpg

Now it is time to finishing packing and head out to drop off our love and running some last minute errands. (Side Note: I was all packed to go to Disney, not at all ready for California. AHHHH)

Disney024.jpg

PlanningSession019.jpg

Disney029.jpg

We Drop the Puppy off and Run to Wal-Mart for some last minute items – got to find an easel for the seating chart for our Reception...

Disney030.jpg

Once the errands are done we come back home, to pack up car and get on the road – I wanted to be in Orlando by lunch time so we can check in and relax then eat. So we arrive back home and Jeremiah packs the cars (we had to take two cars due to all the crap I had.) As he is checking out my car we notice a nail in my driver side back tire. AHHHH what am I going to do… It is also at this point the sugar from the cinnamon rolls from breakfast is hitting... Why oh Why do these things happen... :scared1: :scared1:

Coming up:
• Will we make it to Orlando in Time!!!
• Will I get my lunch!!
• Our First touch of Disney Magic outside of Disney!

Day One Cont…

I Hope everyone has had a wonderful Holiday… Here is a short continuation of my story before bed time!!

Well as Jeremiah is trying to comfort me from having a nervous breakdown because of the nail in my tire, we finish packing the cars and slowly drive to Tire Kingdom – to get them to fix my tire. I called ahead of time and told the guy we are on our way to Orlando to get married and he promised no more then 30 minutes.

PlanningSession015.jpg

Finally we arrive at Tire Kingdom and sit in the waiting area watching the clock tick away – to keep myself amused and not stress I start taking random pictures.

Disney034.jpg

Disney039.jpg

About 45 minutes the guy comes out and says my car is already to go, when we get up the counter to pay – he says no charge on the house... Have a great Wedding... Wow Disney Magic and we are not even in Orlando yet... Finally all other distractions out of the way we can finally get on the road and head to that most Magical Place on Earth!

Disney033.jpg

PlanningSession025.jpg

Soon we arrive in the most Magical Place on Earth!

Disney048.jpg

PlanningSession028.jpg

PlanningSession030.jpg

Coming up:
We check into Hotel and some true Disney Magic occurs. :banana:

I had Jennifer as my WP too!!! I know everything must have been perfect! Can't wait to hear more! Do you have any teasers for us in the meantime?

Great start. I love your little furbaby. We've got a beagle (our grand doggie) (our son's dog who lives with us).

Can't wait to read more and see more pics of your DFTW!

Great start to a TR!!! I have Jennifer as my planner now and just met her last week and she is great!! You dog is TOO cute!! Can't wait to read more!

Day One Cont…

So… where was I, oh yeah!!!

So we finally check into the Grand Floridian Hotel and get to our Room… So Beautiful here are a few shots…

Disney049.jpg

Disney067.jpg

Disney075.jpg

Disney055.jpg

Disney054.jpg

Disney061.jpg

You have got to LOVE Stacy – so horrible but I always have to have her on!!!

Disney056.jpg

Once settled in we decided to take in a few sights of the hotel and of course grab a quick bite to eat at Gasperilla’s (we spent a few meals here)…

Disney070.jpg

Disney073.jpg

Disney063.jpg

Disney064.jpg

Disney069.jpg

Lunch: We Share some Chicken Tenders and Fries – Check out the Cool Mugs!!!

Disney068.jpg

After eating it was finally time to hit the parks – take advantage of those annual passes. Since it was so close we decide to take the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Once we get through the gates of the Magic Kingdom we got our first taste of Disney Magic, as a guy and family came up to us and asked if we were attending Mickey’s Merry that night... We replied no – that we were getting married on Saturday and wanted to put all our money towards that... The guy asked if we wanted too and proceeded to give us two free tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for that night... SCORE!!!!! I have been in previous years and really wanted to go, but we wanted to save the money – so this worked out perfect!!!

Disney079.jpg

Disney080.jpg

Off that wonderful high we decide to only do a bit of Magic Kingdom, since we would be back that night!!! Had to do Carousel of Progress though – since it would probably not be open at night... So we head through tomorrowland (getting a rocking picture of the castle on the way) and hit up Carousel...

Disney085.jpg

Disney083.jpg

Then we decide since we would be back that night – I want to hit up MGM (yes I know Disney Hollywood Studios – it will always be MGM to me) – since I have never seen the Osborne lights... So we catch the bus from Magic Kingdom to MGM... Once we arrive at MGM we have to take pictures by the Christmas tree…

Disney087.jpg

Once inside we make our way to the Streets of Hollywood taking pictures along the way...

Disney094.jpg

Disney092.jpg

Look a new ride coming – it should be open when I chaperon Grad Night in April... I will have to check it out!!!

Disney095.jpg

Finally the Osborne Lights --- it was so crowded that people got in my shots more then once... It was pretty cool...

Disney097.jpg

Disney102.jpg

Disney099.jpg

After the lights we had a few moments, so we decided to head back to room change out camera batteries and get ready to hit up Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party...

Disney078.jpg

Coming Up:
• More Disney Magic!
• Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
• Conclusion of Day One

I had Jennifer as my WP too!!! I know everything must have been perfect! Can't wait to hear more! Do you have any teasers for us in the meantime?

Everything was wonderful... I could not ask for a better day!!! I am rushing rushing to get to that day to relive it through posting.. :) Not so many teasers -- only two I will post.. Just emailed Randy and he said pics should be ready by 2nd week in Jan.

Great start. I love your little furbaby. We've got a beagle (our grand doggie) (our son's dog who lives with us).
Can't wait to read more and see more pics of your DFTW!

We love her -- my new hubby wants another one -- I told him not till we get a house first!!! :banana:

Yay for a new TR. Loving it so far, can't wait to read more.

Thanks so much..

Great start to a TR!!! I have Jennifer as my planner now and just met her last week and she is great!! You dog is TOO cute!! Can't wait to read more!

Thank You...

Here are my few teasers I have....

Christine-Wedding-1.jpg

MiahandChristineLooking-1.jpg

MeandMiah.jpg

Me and Grandpa (He walked me down the Aisle)
GpaandMe.jpg

Final Look after Hair and Makeup
FinalLook.jpg

My Beautiful Flowers -- Very Heavy
Flowers2.jpg

We Look so Posed Don't We.. HAHA
Blur.jpg

Christine ~ I'm lovin' your TR and all the pics. :thumbsup2 That's awesome you were able to go to MVMCP! Also, You look so beautiful; where did you get your tiara? :goodvibes

Oh wow - beautiful pictures!! :lovestruc

Great start to the TR - love the puppy! I have a one year old mutt who is still going through the puppy stage. It gets better.... slowly!

Can't wait to read more! Everything looks so beautiful down there at Christmas!

So on with the conclusion of Day One…

So we get back to the room, and noticed that the lights have been down and Stacy is not on the TV – I ALWAYS leave Stacy on. We move further in the room and noticed that the Mouse Keeping has not only Turned Down our bed, but covered it in Roses and left Champagne for us to enjoy...

Disney112.jpg

63.jpg

Disney110.jpg

Disney109.jpg

We snap a few shots, and then make our way to Magic Kingdom – when we arrive everything just makes you feel like Christmas. The weather was wonderful… Light and Breezy, cold enough for a jacket but not miserable...

Disney114.jpg

By this point I was hungry for dinner, I love Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland so we start to make our way over there, stopping to take pictures along the way... Yes, Jeremiah is a dork – he decided to take a picture of me, taking a picture of the castle. HAHAHA

Disney119.jpg

Disney118.jpg

Dinner time – wait I thought girls were supposed to eat salads and boys hamburgers... HAHAHA Ohh Well...

Disney120.jpg

After a very filling dinner, we go to the last counter at Cosmic Ray’s and get our free Hot Cocoa and Sugar Cookie *** Side Note*** Cookie was not so wonderful..

Disney121.jpg

Well since we have eaten it was time to make the most of our night at Magic Kingdom… and we decide to make our way to our second favorite ride at Magic Kingdom -- Haunted Mansion

Disney125.jpg

Once we exist it is almost time for the fireworks so we go to our favorite spot to watch (right as you exist Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) – since we have a few moments we hop on the runaway train, and as if almost timed perfectly -- as we exist the fireworks start..

Disney131.jpg

Once the fireworks are finished we start to make our way to the front of the park to wait for the parade… Along the way we hit up Pirates….

Disney132.jpg

We find our seats and wait for parade… finally it starts…

Disney134.jpg

Disney135.jpg

Disney139.jpg

Disney141.jpg

Disney144.jpg

Disney146.jpg

After the parade we decide it has been a long long day so we head back to the Hotel and call it a night…

Disney106.jpg

Disney147.jpg

Coming up…
• Day Two
• Wedding Rehearsal and Dinner -- Will the Best Man make it in time?

Christine ~ I'm lovin' your TR and all the pics. :thumbsup2 That's awesome you were able to go to MVMCP! Also, You look so beautiful; where did you get your tiara? :goodvibes

Beautiful pictures! I love your tiara!

Oh wow - beautiful pictures!! :lovestruc

Great start to the TR - love the puppy! I have a one year old mutt who is still going through the puppy stage. It gets better.... slowly!

Can't wait to read more! Everything looks so beautiful down there at Christmas!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments.... :cutie:

I got the tiara from David's Bridal -- it was very very heavy, but soooo worth it... :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter