Christmas 2017

I am also considering a DNA kit for my husband. His birthday is in Feb, so I may save it for then. I think he'd get a kick out of it and he likes to give me "ideas" while I like to surprise him. Last year I got him a 6 month subscription to Stride Box which he liked.

So far I have bought:
- Wellie Wishers table, $10 off $50 purchase deal
- Wellie Wishers outfit using a reward code I had
- Hatchimal, DD5 wants one. I actually had one for each kid last year and sold them at cost to a desperate Mama when my kids never mentioned them. I bought the older (cheaper) one, not the new one
- Coffee Mug and Greenwell Farms coffee for DH, bought on Coffee Day when they had a sale. I bought this last year and he liked it, so I am repeating!
- Fingerlings for each kid
- PJs for DD

I have also won:
Groovy Girls set for DD5 (two dolls, closet, clothes) I am considering giving this to an Angel child instead
Zipes set for DS7 (starter set) I will probably buy an add on set as well to complete this
Xbox One X- still deciding if I want to give this to DS7. I am leaning towards selling it and buying him a Xbox One S on Black Friday

I need to buy Wellie Wisher Camille for DD, then I think she is basically done besides some more stocking stuffers and a book or two.

I also need to buy for my nieces and nephew. I am thinking a puzzle plus another gift for each child. My nephew was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago so I am somewhat torn. He is a rough and tumble, car and truck loving 3 year old. We bought him a stuffed Lightening that transforms to Coach Lightening when he was diagnosed. I want to get him something he can enjoy while he's in treatment/not feeling awesome. But- he likes things that MOVE!

My nephew was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago so I am somewhat torn.
hugs to you and your family. my thoughts are with your family. Would he like sticker books? or the crayola magic wonder markers? DD always used those at that age because you didnt' have to worry about them getting on everything. if only we could gift good health.

I hit the Target sale online today because I had nothing in cartwheel to bother going to the store for. I got DD6 the V-Tech watch on sale, our generation girl tent, an our generation girl accessories set, a little people set for a nephew on sale, leah doll for the simmer and shine set I got on amazon (they look to be about the same size as the animator sets that they don't seem to be making more of) for DD. I hit just above the $100 mark so I got $25 off plus red card. I have two gift cards but decided to hold onto them for a future purchase.

I am also considering a DNA kit for my husband. His birthday is in Feb, so I may save it for then. I think he'd get a kick out of it and he likes to give me "ideas" while I like to surprise him. Last year I got him a 6 month subscription to Stride Box which he liked.

So far I have bought:
- Wellie Wishers table, $10 off $50 purchase deal
- Wellie Wishers outfit using a reward code I had
- Hatchimal, DD5 wants one. I actually had one for each kid last year and sold them at cost to a desperate Mama when my kids never mentioned them. I bought the older (cheaper) one, not the new one
- Coffee Mug and Greenwell Farms coffee for DH, bought on Coffee Day when they had a sale. I bought this last year and he liked it, so I am repeating!
- Fingerlings for each kid
- PJs for DD

I have also won:
Groovy Girls set for DD5 (two dolls, closet, clothes) I am considering giving this to an Angel child instead
Zipes set for DS7 (starter set) I will probably buy an add on set as well to complete this
Xbox One X- still deciding if I want to give this to DS7. I am leaning towards selling it and buying him a Xbox One S on Black Friday

I need to buy Wellie Wisher Camille for DD, then I think she is basically done besides some more stocking stuffers and a book or two.

I also need to buy for my nieces and nephew. I am thinking a puzzle plus another gift for each child. My nephew was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago so I am somewhat torn. He is a rough and tumble, car and truck loving 3 year old. We bought him a stuffed Lightening that transforms to Coach Lightening when he was diagnosed. I want to get him something he can enjoy while he's in treatment/not feeling awesome. But- he likes things that MOVE!

I'd probably go for a "my 1st" remote-controlled vehicle...so he could still move his cars and trucks, but he'd just need to push a button:)...Imaginext has a few toys that also have transforming/moving aspects that might work...

I bought my goddaughter's gift, but I am not done. I am taking her to see Aladdin, but opening an envelope isn't exciting for a 7 year old so I will be seeing what small little thing I get her to go with the ticket.

Bought my little one something off of the Disney store with my 25% coupon I got due to my birthday month...I am truly stuck on what to get him other than books. He inherited a lot of toys from his older brother and he has clothes due to my sister giving me clothes that belonged to my nephew. I'm trying to be equal inthe number of presents I give the oldest and the youngest even if I know the amount I spend will be different.

Got the first Christmas gifts today online. I took advantage of the Target toy sale and got $10 off purchasing two Nerf Nitro plus the Redcard discount. Now, have no other plans for gifts so waiting it out, but the toy sale was good enough to go ahead and get something.

I bought a few things at Costco this week. The Lovesac company was there again so I bought a Citysac for my 15 year dd's room. We have two other ones in the house and they are used a lot. Also, I bought a MiP robot for ds. They were $80 in Target and Costco has them for $40. Last, I found an updated Boogie Writing board and bought one for ds.

Still nothing for my middle dd. She turns 11 next month and is somewhere between child and tween. She doesn't play much anymore.

Got my 1st gift - the big Santa gift for all 4 kids thanks to expiring Airlines miles...63K for a Switch with 3 games (this will make my tween's Xmas b/c I told her I wasn't getting it, but there it was in the United guide and for less points than I had left - score!). Now, Grammy's probable money gift will buy the tv that I was originally planning as the big Santa gift, so my Christmas just got a lot cheaper and easier:)...

Edit: And we'll be able to give Grammy's present early and have it set up (unlike a Santa one), so that will make Xmas eve WAY easier, too:)...

Found a NES classic console at Target yesterday. Was way to excited to save it for Christmas. Hubby and kids got an early Christmas gift I guess. I am horrible at shopping early! LOL

I wanted one of those last year but never got one. I forgot about them but I guess they are still hard to find and it will be the same thing as last year trying to get one. That is nice you gave it to them early :)

It was actually the Super NES. The one that just came out recently. I am a sucker I guess. :)

Good score! I was looking for one online the other day - I thought it would be fun for all of the adults to play on Christmas Eve. The kids would probably think we were crazy but I think we'd have blast competing on the old games. But I couldn't find one online anywhere, and I'm not going to make a hunt out of it.

I used the CVS Express $10 off $10 to buy some candy for DD17s stocking. It's not got the Christmas packaging, but she's old enough that it doesn't matter. She's just going to tear into it anyway, and it all tastes the same once it's opened! At this point, I REALLY need to stop shopping for DD - I've been good holding the line on the under the tree gifts, but more and more items for her stocking are still creeping in and I already have more than enough. We need a "Christmas Over-Shopper's Anonymous" thread!

All I need to get are gifts for my 2 nephews (17 and 20) and a gift for an elderly couple that are friends of the family, then I'm done. For my two nephews, I'll probably just get small gifts from their lists once they have them, and then add cash. That's what I've done the last 2 years. For the couple, I'll probably get a food gift of some kind. See's candies are likely candidates. Everyone likes those!

Last edited:
hugs to you and your family. my thoughts are with your family. Would he like sticker books? or the crayola magic wonder markers? DD always used those at that age because you didnt' have to worry about them getting on everything. if only we could gift good health.

I'd probably go for a "my 1st" remote-controlled vehicle...so he could still move his cars and trucks, but he'd just need to push a button:)...Imaginext has a few toys that also have transforming/moving aspects that might work...

Thank you! I love both those ideas. Looks like there is a Mickey's Roadster racers RC car that may be perfect and some truck reusable sticker books!

Sounds familiar. DH and I agreed to just do stockings for each other last year. We have so many people to buy for and we were going on a trip.. we needed to budget. Christmas morning... we opened our stockings, and then he gave me my Ipad.:rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong.. I love it. But it made me feel bad. This year we will include each other in the budget.. because he will just go get gifts anyway. It's important to him. :)

I did that to DH one year. We had a $35 budget (including stocking stuffers) and I bought him a North Face jacket.:rolleyes1 He needed a new coat and the money would have been spent anyway, but I found a good deal and couldn't pass it up. Now when we set the budget, he always brings it up! I'll never live it down. :D

I also started shopping! Target had an awesome toy clearance in July/August so I got a bunch of stuff already.

DD 4:
Ariel Play Doh Set $7.03
Shimmer & Shine accessory set $4.51
Shimmer & Shine Megablocks $6.02

DS 7:
Coding Mouse game: $15.08
Othello board game, $10.59

I also purchased a Little People Pirate Ship for $13 for my best friend's son's bday in November.

Adding to my list...

DS 7's Teacher: Nice throw blanket from Kohl's (I do these every year as teacher gifts) $0.00 thanks to Kohl's Cash! I usually buy them during their Black Friday sale but it was only $9.99 and I had $10 that was going to expire the next day.

Best Friend's son: Bday gift bought (see above) and I realized I have a Little People Helicopter I got a year ago at Target when they have had BOGO Little People sale and I also have a Dr. Seusscollection book that I am regifting since the kids already have a copy....Total: $0.00

I have to be frugal this time of year since we have 10 nieces and nephew (6 of which are teens) plus the 2 kids. Not to mention my other BFF's 2 kids and our parents. We don't do sibling gifts (except my sister and I sometimes buy little "I HAD to get you this" gifts).

Adding to my list again! For one of the nephews/nieces I have a $25 GC to Amazon that I got for 2200 SBs, so $0. I will convert that to another GC, like AMC or Forever21.

Now I need some advice....
After a few early purchased gifts that are toys, I'm trying to avoid any more toys because my kids have TOO MUCH as it is! I'm thinking about getting DS a digital camera. A waterproof one would be best and one that can handle a kid using it (he'll be 8 in January). He LOVES taking pictures and videos with his kindle, but the camera isn't good so I would rather get him a nice one. Any suggestions? I also may get him a video game and then call it a day. The only things he's actually asked for is more Tsum Tsums (they each one 1). Maybe Disney Store will have a special on the smaller ones.

For DD (4) I don't know what else I can get her. She has plenty of toys/books/dress up clothes. She asks for everything she sees on TV, but only when it's on TV and then she forgets about it, so I know it's nothing she actually interet

I also started shopping! Target had an awesome toy clearance in July/August so I got a bunch of stuff already.

DD 4:
Ariel Play Doh Set $7.03
Shimmer & Shine accessory set $4.51
Shimmer & Shine Megablocks $6.02

DS 7:
Coding Mouse game: $15.08

Othello board game, $10.59

I also purchased a Little People Pirate Ship for $13 for my best friend's son's bday in November.

Adding to my list...

DS 7's Teacher: Nice throw blanket from Kohl's (I do these every year as teacher gifts) $0.00 thanks to Kohl's Cash! I usually buy them during their Black Friday sale but it was only $9.99 and I had $10 that was going to expire the next day.

Best Friend's son: Bday gift bought (see above) and I realized I have a Little People Helicopter I got a year ago at Target when they have had BOGO Little People sale and I also have a Dr. Seusscollection book that I am regifting since the kids already have a copy....Total: $0.00

I have to be frugal this time of year since we have 10 nieces and nephew (6 of which are teens) plus the 2 kids. Not to mention my other BFF's 2 kids and our parents. We don't do sibling gifts (except my sister and I sometimes buy little "I HAD to get you this" gifts).

Adding to my list again! For one of the nephews/nieces I have a $25 GC to Amazon that I got for 2200 SBs, so $0. I will convert that to another GC, like AMC or Forever21.

Now I need some advice....
After a few early purchased gifts that are toys, I'm trying to avoid any more toys because my kids have TOO MUCH as it is! I'm thinking about getting DS a digital camera. A waterproof one would be best and one that can handle a kid using it (he'll be 8 in January). He LOVES taking pictures and videos with his kindle, but the camera isn't good so I would rather get him a nice one. Any suggestions? I also may get him a video game and then call it a day. The only things he's actually asked for is more Tsum Tsums (they each one 1). Maybe Disney Store will have a special on the smaller ones.

For DD (4) I don't know what else I can get her. She has plenty of toys/books/dress up clothes. She asks for everything she sees on TV, but only when it's on TV and then she forgets about it, so I know it's nothing she actually interet
Not sure if your going for the plastic or stuffed Tsum tsums but Walmart had the small stuffed ones on clearance for $1 each

Did a little more shopping today! Went on Walmart's website and managed to get my cousin and her girlfriend and cute beach towel for their beach bag Christmas gift for $5! I was able to get the 1% back with eBates and the 5% back with the Chase Freedom which was an excellent bonus- every little bit helps!

DH finally let me know he wants a coffee grinder and possibly a board game depending on how it goes on sale. I sold some old video games and books we've beaten or read so I was able to get $25 which is enough to pay for the coffee grinder. I'm going to check camelcamelcamel and if the current sale on it is as good as it gets or close, I'm going to order it tonight just so I know I've got it. This will be "from the baby" since he already got his charcoal chimney from me and will get the board game from me also.

Chugging right along! I'm pretty sure I'm getting my Grandma a jumbo box of black licorice (her absolute favorite snack). She recently moved into the MIL suite in my mom's basement so her space is limited and I know she typically buys herself what she needs/ wants, so I usually go sweets for her.

I'm also going with sweets for my mom this year. I'm getting her a tin of David's cookies. She has a huge sweet tooth and, like my grandma, buys herself what she needs/ wants, but would never treat herself to gourmet sweets.

I think next year for mother's day I'm thinking about getting each of them a digital picture frame if I can find one that lets me add pictures remotely, since we live 600 miles away. It would be nice for my mom to be able to wake up to new pictures of her grandson all the time! We will see if there's any holiday or after holiday sales on those and if so, I'll pick them up now. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! : )

I think around Halloween I'm going to ask my godson's mom for a few things off his list to get him for christmas, and a few more for his birthday in January. he's the last one I need to shop for other than some sweets I want to throw in with a few gifts (and DH and myself plus stockings).

DH and i are both German and grew up celebrating St. Nicholas Day on Dec 6 as well. It just occured to me I'll need to spend maybe $15 to pick up some little gifts and sweets for in our shoes for he and I and the baby if he's here (he won't get sweets obviously since he'll only be like 2 weeks old, I'll probably get him an ornament and a bath book).

ugh... it's always when you think you're almost done that one more thing pops up, but I love the little traditions we have! : )

As for myself, I think I'm going to ask for a Disney gift card from both DH and my mom, and then poison apple earrings I saw on Etsy from the baby and possibly a poison apple mug as well if I can find one on eBay/ Amazon. I just can't think of much I want these days to be honest!

My MIL called today and had been speaking to my SIL who suggested...drum roll....that we don't need to exchange gifts anymore. My SIL and MIL agreed they have everything they need so need to exchange anymore..I am thrilled. Both will buy for DD18 but the exchange is no longer needed for adults. It was never about the money for us but more the thinking WHAT TO GET etc etc..

I think next year for mother's day I'm thinking about getting each of them a digital picture frame if I can find one that lets me add pictures remotely, since we live 600 miles away. It would be nice for my mom to be able to wake up to new pictures of her grandson all the time! We will see if there's any holiday or after holiday sales on those and if so, I'll pick them up now. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! : )

I researched these extensively last year because I was planning on buying one for my parents. It seemed at the time that PixStar and Nix were the two front runners. Does your mom have wi-if at her house? If so, look for a frame that has its own e-mail address. To send pictures to it, you just send to that e-mail address. And with an app (each company had its own, you can tweak a lot of the features on the frame, in case your mom isn't so tech-savvy.

The prices will go up as the frame gets larger, but here's a decent 7-inch one that would look nice sitting on an end table....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011...tDescription_secondary_view_div_1508109801082

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!