Christmas and Thanksgiving Jet Blue Fares..I stopped "stalking"..

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Finally "bit the bullet" and purchased, I was going to compare to Spirit Fares when they were released, but decided against it. Have never flown Spirit and trying during peak Holiday times was too risky.
I was a little "late to the party" for Thanksgiving fare from NY to Orlando for youngest DS, will be first time visiting us in our new Orlando residence. I have been stalking and stalking fares for the last month and a half. Problem is, DS will have just been with his company about 2 months, so he won't be able to leave the NY area before Wed evening, night before Thanksgiving. Typically fly nonstop from Newark, all fares United, JB, were very high, so just by changing it RT out of Kennedy for late Wed night, was able to save a substantial amount! Fast forward to XMAS week, was hoping RT into Newark, but by playing with other 2 airports, LaGuardia and JFK, found a GREAT RT fare of $303 each for DH and me, flying into LaGuardia, leaving out of JFK. Again, saved a substantial amount on our fare, was so much higher in/out of Newark! Thought $303 was amazing for XMAS week! Now, next step is to apply for Global Entry..we all fly interntionally occasionally, DH will get the fee reimbursed by United card, will pay out of pocket for Global Entry. Have already called JB..once we get the Global Entry identification, we can add that number to the Known Traveler Number in the Jet Blue Reservation and we should get TSE pre check each time. HOPING! Will make it easier traveling during those busy times! Easy for us, both DS will be living in Hoboken, first XMAS for us living out of area, excited to come back and be with both DS and DIL! :banana:NEXT Thanksgiving, we will know the drill and book as soon as either United or JB fares are released!::yes::

Love stories of great snags on airfares! Definitely playing with airportsnhelps sometimes! And how great to be able to spend holidays with family AND the stress of getting there already taken care of :cool1:

Love stories of great snags on airfares! Definitely playing with airportsnhelps sometimes! And how great to be able to spend holidays with family AND the stress of getting there already taken care of :cool1:
Our FIRST Thanksgiving as a Florida resident, our new chapter:woohoo:. Can smell the turkey and all the trimmings now! :cheer2:Right now the task of selling our home, movers, youngest DS move out to his apt with former college friends. Hardest part is done, in the last year, we have purged a lot of belongings getting home ready for sale and move. Once the home is sold, then we will sell about half our furniture..it will get done, one day at a time, deep breaths and positive thinking.::yes::

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter