Christmas at DLP

DisCharmed

Mouseketeer
Our Florida holiday seems to be taking a long time getting here, so on an expensive whim we have booked to go to Paris over Christmas. We fly Christmas eve morning and flight back late boxing day. We have really splurged (for us!) and have booked the Admirals floor at Newport Bay.

It's our first time for a Disney Christmas and I wanted to know if anyone had been before and what their experience was like?

Thanks
Charmed :D

Wow!!!

Can't give you the benefit of my experience, I'm afraid - I've never done anything that exciting!! I just wanted to say that it sounds fabulous and I hope you all have wonderful time.:D

I was at DLP last year from Dec 25th-27, staying at the Sequoia Lodge. It was my 1st trip to DLP, and I had a BLAST!!!!!

If you have specific questions, please post them and I will try to answer them for you! Have a great time :)

Hi there, we went to DLP last year - 22nd. Dec - 26th.Dec, stayed in the Sequoia Lodge, and it was so good I have just booked the exact same break for this year!

Let me know if you want any details.

hippod.:Pinkbounc

Thanks Bexx :)
and thanks smiling mouse and hippod! Loads of questions.....

Was there a traditional Christmas dinner available? or indeed were the restaurants open as usual?

Park opening hours?

What apart from the usual rides and attractions was there at Christmas?

Is there special 'stuff' in the village to do after the parks shut?

Will I have any problems getting the train or bus from the airport as it's a holiday?

Do the hotels do any special entertainment in the evenings?

Any general ' Oh I remember the time ...' or 'highlights of trip were..' would be great, as I haven't a clue what goes on there at Christmas only having been Feb/June or August time before.

TIA
Charmed

I'm pretty sure that special meals were available on Christmas Eve, but I don't think they had anything on 12/25.....we ate at Auberge and they only had the standard menu available.

The decorations were beautiful....I don't remember anything special going on. The parade was very nice :)

I think the Village was open until about 11, and the parks were open til 9-10....honestly, I'm not sure about the park hours. You can check those on the official DLP web site.

I agree with Hippod....the park/trip was magical!!!! Have a great time!!!!

If you send off for the official Disneyland brochure it lists the various Christmas meals on offer. These were mostly at hotels and veeeery expensive! What we did was to pre-book two meals - Walts and the Crystal Palace (I think that's what its called) for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, to be sure of having a nice sit-down meal. This year we will do similar and book another one for Boxing Day lunch.

Disney Village is really magical, and just wandering through and around the lake was very atmospheric.If you go you will have a wonderful time.

We travelled by Eurostar and everything was working as usual on Boxing Day when we left.

Hippod

thanks very much, I'm even more excited now after your comments :)

I've also just booked our Florida flights today so I'm completely in mousemood!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter