Christmas gift then surprise with the date?

birthygirl

Mouseketeer
I have booked a trip for my three children for early March (we just went in August, it was my daughter's first trip and my boys' second). I've talked a lot in the last few days about going back early next year, but I haven't told them that it's planned!

My dilemma is I want this to be a Christmas gift, as this is a big expense I thought I would tell them we're going but then surprise them with the date, however, I feel that two months is too far and they might start to feel disappointed.

What would you do in this case?

Last edited:
I plan on doing the same with my two girls ages 9 and 10. I've booked for easter break but plan on making it a Christmas gift. I was going to wrap up Minnie ears autograph books and the magic bands from our last trip and a little note saying see you at easter

I'm doing this too..... only our wait is going to be many months.
However, my plan is that once they know we are going, each holiday after xmas (ie: birthday, easter, etc) they will get something fun for their trip.
And I also plan on doing some sort of countdown thing to help keep them engaged and excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter