OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
Ho,ho,holy moly I can't believe I am doing this! Our lovely moderator, Mary Jo has closed the superthread no#5 and I will take on the challenge of gathering as much info as I can until someone more qualified can take over...SherryE. When you are ready...the thread is all yours.:santa:
There were already quite a few posts from other Diser's, who will be visiting Disneyland and California Adventure in 2017, for the holidays. This will be our first Christmas trip to the parks, and I am beyond excited. I read the whole #5 superthread!!!!
Let me start by saying that while I have done a few threads for "Who is going", I am a little scared about all the info that comes with a Christmas thread. So if you read something that I haven't posted please let me know.
I will hold the first few posts for events,dining, who's going etc.
So welcome to the thread and let's have some fun.
Susie

Last edited:
From the Disney website:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev.../?CMP=AFC-DPFY18Q1DIENT0074&DISCID=DI_HP_hero

Updated blog post:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...sort-returning-november-10-through-january-7/

Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Returns November 10 through January 7

6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

The Happiest Place on Earth will get merrier once again when Holidays at the Disneyland Resortreturns November 10 through January 7! This festive season will bring back favorite experiences throughout the entire resort.

asdh1831.jpg

At Disney California Adventure park, Festival of Holidays will again bring the spirit of the season to life through delicious food and special entertainment, including the return of Disney ¡Viva Navidad!For its second year, the celebration will feature a new take on the popular Festive Foods Marketplace, presenting a side-by-side mix of holiday comfort dishes that bridge many diverse cultures and family traditions. And at night, “World of Color – Season of Light” will illuminate Paradise Bay with a sparkling winter fantasy combining classic holiday songs with memorable moments from treasured Disney animated films.

ajksd1831.jpg

At Disneyland park, seasonal fan favorites return, including Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, “Believe … in Holiday Magic” fireworks, “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday (which begins September 15).

Thanks to Disney Parks blog!

Last edited:

Special Dining Events

:santa:DCA Festive Foods Marketplace menus
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/festive-foods-marketplaces/menus

:santa:Ralph Brennan's Holiday Gingerbread Workshop's

Tickets now on sale!!!!!

http://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/menus_display.php?id=352

:santa:A Very Merry Holiday Tea Party.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/afternoon-tea/

:santa:Breakfast with Santa in Downtown Disney.

https://patina.social/catal-restaurant-breakfast-with-santa/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CHOOSE YOUR DATES&utm_campaign=Catal Christmas in July

:santa:Thanksgiving dinner.

Over on the west coast, Disneyland park will be serving up slow-roasted turkey breast at the French Market Restaurant, with apricot stuffing, market mashed potatoes, home-style gravy, seasonal vegetables and cranberry relish, topped off with a 5” pumpkin pie for dessert! At Disney California Adventure park, Flo’s cooking up rotisserie-roasted turkey breast with gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, seasonal vegetables and orange-cranberry sauce at Flo’s V8 Café.

Remember, these special offerings will only be available on Thanksgiving day!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/disneyland-hotel-thanksgiving-dinner/

Ralph Brennan's Thanksgiving dinner

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...23021&ca=828d9f67-e762-4652-8e81-8bf91825efab
Holiday treats

disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/holiday-goodies

Last edited:

I'm going!party:Can I add you to the list of crazy people who are going for the holidays!

Mommy2PrincessAbby...Nov.2-3

katiexlovesxdisney...Nov.3-11...

Malcon10T...Nov.9-12...

2wordsforyou...Nov.9-12...7

dolewhipdreams...Nov.15-16...

chttyangel...Nov.13-15...

nikerbokers...Nov.14-17...CCI

AnneUCSB...Nov.16-17...CCI

danceanddisney2010...Nov.16-20...GCH

calimama...Nov.16-20...PVI

Andrea0710...Nov.17-22

biochemgirl...Nov.18-23...

DisneyJamieCA...Nov.19-25...

Bossy22...Nov.12-20...

Katie1128...Nov.14-16...DLH

belle's sister...Nov.15-20...Courtyard Marriott

CandyMouse...Nov.21-24...

audrianna890...Nov.21-24...

disneydreamer74...Nov.22-25...Sheraton Garden Grove

Malcon10T...Nov.22-26...

Shellyred8...Nov.24-30

atisikitabasket...Nov.25-Dec.1...

lilsassymom...Nov.25-Dec.2...DH

Sparrow78...Nov.25-Dec.2...HoJo

disland7...Nov.26-Dec.1...GCV

mnmrmustard...Nov.26-Dec.1...Desert Palm Inn & Suites

Iwanthony...Nov.26-Dec.2...GCV

Rhebot...Nov.26-Dec.2...Hyatt House

catmegs..Nov.27-Dec.2...GCH

Our Aussie Six...Nov.27-Dec.3...Hyatt House

Elk Grove Chris...Nov.28-Dec.1...Grand Legacy

Disney Liz...Nov.28-Dec.4...GCV

modelar7...Nov.28-Dec.5....

Lolly&Rue...Nov.29-Dec.3...DLH

cinder-ellah...Nov.30-Dec.3...GCH

lurpee...Nov.30-Dec.3...DLH...Celebrating 40 magical years!

pattyduke34...DLH...Nov.30-Dec.5

JBF 1982.....Dec.1-3...BW Stovall's

Malcon10T...Dec.1-3...

Rainy Day Pixie...Dec.1-3...still climbing the hill!

mlnbabies...Dec.1-4...BWPPI

krispin41...Dec.1-4...DLH

chirurgeon...Dec.1-7...BWPPI

valiamo...Dec.1-7...

crystal1313...Dec.2-

Malcolm10t...Dec.2-3...

scrapshappen...Dec.2-3...

amyg1975...Dec.2-4...

poppins2008...Dec.2-7...Camelot Inn

siskaren...Dec.2-8...Hilton Anaheim

blondietink...Dec.2-8...Camelot Inn

egritz...Dec.2-9...Tropicana or Desert Palms

Disney-&-Baseball...Dec.2-12...

Yusani...Dec.3-7...

Vettegirl...Dec.3-7...

Mintycake...Dec.3-9...

millie0312...Dec.3-14...

BrookeMQ...Dec.4-5...

Dizme...Dec.4-7...GCH

NewbieMouse...Dec.4-8...BWPPI

bethannie203...Dec.4-8

Squeezle...Dec.4-9...First wedding anniversary!

Mickeybell...Dec.4-9...CCI

dec2009mama...Dec.5-9...

StephieLou...Dec.5-12...Hilton Anaheim

farmfresh...Dec.6-

DizneeRailFan62...Dec.6-10...Hilton Anaheim

DL_Forever...Dec.6-13...GCV

Forcingmagnolia...Dec.7-9

Kristie101...Dec.8-11...Hojo

haileymarie92...Dec.8-14...Getting Married Dec.9 in DTD!!!!❤

JeannieJay...Dec.9-12...Tropicana

nicolita3...Dec.9-12...PP

dcraythorn...Dec.9-12...ALO in Orange...celebrating 60 fabulous years!

only1mouse...Dec.9-13...GCH

Gina421...Dec.10-13...DLH

CallieMar...Dec.10-15...

New Runner...Dec.10-15...Hilton Garden Inn

KK505...Dec. 11-12...

jlhinvegas...Dec.11-14...

MaleficentRN...Dec.11-15...GCH....celebrating her 50th bday

Chisoxcollector...Dec.11-15...Holiday Inn

ksunwb...Dec.12-17...Marriott

GenGen22...Dec.14-17...Embassy Suites Anaheim South

tiffjoy...Dec.15-17...CCI

rentayenta...Dec.15-17...GCV

jenbright...Dec.15-19...PPI

wilsonarts...Dec.15-22...Desert Palms

MacMama0930...Dec.16-19...GCH

Morningsun70...Dec.16-22...

Soccerluvinmama...Dec.17-19...

Disneymom20...Dec.17-28...

are you ready...Dec.19-21...

DizFan13...Dec.19-23...HOJO

Susie63...Dec.20-23 & Dec. 30-Jan.4...CCI... celebrating DH 50 & DD Sweet 16❤

Pyrotechnictigger...Dec.21-Jan.2...Hilton Anaheim

Astylla...Dec.22-25...DLH

LTiffany...Dec.22-27...PPH

SDSUMom...Dec.22-29...

bandaidqueen...Dec.23-26...GCH

bcwife76...Dec.23-26...Grand Legacy

Canadian Harmony...Dec.23-30..DI&S

blue888...Dec.23-30...DLH

Mickey&JoshNut...Dec.24-27...PPH

PoohsFan1...Dec.24-Jan.1...DLH

cspellman...Dec.25-Jan.2...

katyringo...Dec.26-31...HOJO

jeepnjudy...Dec.26-Jan.2

o&smom...Dec.27-Jan.1...

uneekstylez...Dec.27-Jan.1

Piglet99645...Dec.28-Jan.3

MontanaFmly...Dec.29-Jan.1

mpadilla89...Dec.29-Jan.2...

ParkHopper1...Dec.30-Jan.1...Courtyard Anaheim

Club Disney Chandler...Dec.31-Jan.1...

taffy...Dec.31-Jan.6...PPH

BandMom1...Jan.1-8...GCV

Dopey1980...Jan.2-5...

RADOPT...Jan.2-5...Holiday Inn

Flattes...Jan.3-6...

Last edited:
Susie,
Thank you for taking this project on for the boards! I appreciate you doing this. You will do just fine! I think I can speak for many and say, " Sherrie, we miss you and your wealth of information, please come back to the boards".
Wishing you the best.

We are going for our second December time trip. Our first time ever trip to DL was in Dec. 2014. My dh and I have been back twice since then. We are going as a family of 4 from Dec. 1-4 and staying at BWPPI. Looking forward to another trip.

We are going for our second December time trip. Our first time ever trip to DL was in Dec. 2014. My dh and I have been back twice since then. We are going as a family of 4 from Dec. 1-4 and staying at BWPPI. Looking forward to another trip.
:welcome:minibabies! Have you been in the parks for other holidays or just Christmas? We have only been for Halloween, so I am preparing myself for chaos. After seeing the pictures from Saturday, I am a little worried and may have to think about actually getting to the park at opening lol

Last edited:
We are coming over from the East coast since it was cheaper than going on a Disney cruise over New Years! :crazy2: We'll be there 26 DEC - 02 JAN and are looking forward to visiting DL again since we are WDW regulars! California here we come! :-)

We are coming over from the East coast since it was cheaper than going on a Disney cruise over New Years! :crazy2: We'll be there 26 DEC - 02 JAN and are looking forward to visiting DL again since we are WDW regulars! California here we come! :-)
:welcome:jeepnjudy! Have you thought about which park park you want to be in on New Years Eve?

We are coming from Ontario Canada and we can't wait to spend Christmas at Disneyland....our dates are December 21 - 27, staying at Paradise Pier. This will be the 2nd time we have spent Christmas at Disneyland!!!!

We will be there from 12/24 - 1/1 staying at PPH :dancer:. We are very excited about this since this will be our first time being away for Christmas and New Year. We aren't telling our kids until 2 weeks out because this is our Christmas present to all of us (they are teens so we thought we would give them a little time to figure out what to pack :rotfl:). I know it will be extremely crowded but we are so up for the challenge party:.

We will be going sometime during the holiday season, as that is part of our AP year experience. But I'm not sure on the dates. It will likely be a 2-3 day trip over a weekend in late November or early December.

:welcome:minibabies! Have you been in the parks for other holidays or just Christmas? We have only been for Halloween, so I am preparing myself for chaos. After seeing the pictures from Saturday, I am a little worried and may have to think about actually getting to the park at opening lol

We aren't Halloween people so we haven't gone during that time frame. We love Christmas time and have been to WDW twice in December. We haven't been during any other holiday times.

Have Dec 30-Jan 1 booked...

Question...have not booked on site rooms yet...past years I have been able to get GCH around $500 and PPH around $300 much closer to NYE...even last year. Currently rates are $700 for GCH Standard and over $400 or PPH!

Never booked rooms this early...do the rates typically drop as we get a few months out or are they just jacking up rates for this NYE?

We have stayed on site with three rooms every year for the past few years but at these rates I may keep my Courtyard reservations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts