OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

We will be there Dec 23-26 at Pop! Following an 8 day Caribbean cruise ;) Will only get Christmas eve and Christmas day in parks. Just booked yesterday after trying to convince DH we need to add a little bit of Disney on to the cruise trip for months now lol. He finally caved yay! Still trying to get some ideas on what we are gonna do or realistically be able to do. Im a little scared of the crowds, I know its gonna be insane!

We will be there November 16-20 staying at the GCH! Super excited!! We haven't been to Disney during the holiday season in like 6 years!!! We always go during the summer but this year we get summer AND holiday!

We will be there Dec 23-26 at Pop! Following an 8 day Caribbean cruise ;) Will only get Christmas eve and Christmas day in parks. Just booked yesterday after trying to convince DH we need to add a little bit of Disney on to the cruise trip for months now lol. He finally caved yay! Still trying to get some ideas on what we are gonna do or realistically be able to do. Im a little scared of the crowds, I know its gonna be insane!
Are you going to WDW?

Visiting the in-laws in Palm Springs for Christmas this year from Saskatchewan, Canada. Decided we are too close to miss the opportunity to spend a couple of days at the park and experience the holidays at Disneyland for the first time. probably visiting Dec 19-21, but not sure where we are going to stay yet. We usually stay club level at paradise Pier but unless the price comes down I may have to find someplace new to stay :( We are going to wait and surprise the kids once we are already in California with the Disneyland side trip(if I can manage to keep my mouth shut about it around them haha) Initially we were going to do it as a surprise from Santa but have reconsidered since they will have cousins joining us and Grandma and Grandpa's, I don't want them to think that Santa plays favourites.

Visiting the in-laws in Palm Springs for Christmas this year from Saskatchewan, Canada. Decided we are too close to miss the opportunity to spend a couple of days at the park and experience the holidays at Disneyland for the first time. probably visiting Dec 19-21, but not sure where we are going to stay yet. We usually stay club level at paradise Pier but unless the price comes down I may have to find someplace new to stay :( We are going to wait and surprise the kids once we are already in California with the Disneyland side trip(if I can manage to keep my mouth shut about it around them haha) Initially we were going to do it as a surprise from Santa but have reconsidered since they will have cousins joining us and Grandma and Grandpa's, I don't want them to think that Santa plays favourites.
Good idea. That could be difficult to explain to the other kids. Hotel prices are high this year, but I have never been at Christmas so maybe that is normal.:sad2:

Hello, any suggestions for breakfast dining on New Years Day either in any of the parks or resorts at WDW? Thanks a lot in advance!

21st-27th for me, Mrs PTT and Jnr PTT are staying on till the 2nd Jan. Staying at the Hilton for the first time at Christmas. Done WDW for Christmas but never DL. Can't wait although have had to sacrifice the annual Summer pilgrimage. Will miss the Summer heat but worth it for the Christmas overlay.

We're going for our annual Thanksgiving trip - Nov 19-25th this year! Hope it's ok to join this thread!

Looking at splurging and doing the Thanksgiving Feast at the DLH. Does anybody know about how early those go live? And can it be booked online or only via phone? I remember last year, the speciality meals (we did Storyteller's) loaded later than 60 days and were slower to load large parties. Those who have done the DLH one, is it worth it? @Malcon10t I think you have, right?

Susie, thank you for starting this thread! It's one of my favorites to follow.

Sherry, if you're reading this, we miss you and hope you'll come back.

We're going for our annual Thanksgiving trip - Nov 19-25th this year! Hope it's ok to join this thread!

Looking at splurging and doing the Thanksgiving Feast at the DLH. Does anybody know about how early those go live? And can it be booked online or only via phone? I remember last year, the speciality meals (we did Storyteller's) loaded later than 60 days and were slower to load large parties. Those who have done the DLH one, is it worth it? @Malcon10t I think you have, right?

Yes, we have done it many times. It doesn't load right at 60 days, you have to just keep calling in. You do have to pay when you book it. Personally, we really enjoy it. It did sell out fairly quickly, within 3 days I think. Each year is a little different. Last year we had another family with us and were a party of 8. We probably spent about 2 hours there. They have 6-8 buffets set up (all are about the same) and 3-4 dessert areas so it is easy to get to food regardless of where you are seated. They also have several "meet and greets" going on, so lines aren't too bad there either. (Add to it, my daughter, the teacher that she is, brought art projects to work on between courses! )
15241961_10211415568408468_6379982889484375952_n.jpg

:welcome: The more the Merry..er. :rolleyes1

Yes, we have done it many times. It doesn't load right at 60 days, you have to just keep calling in. You do have to pay when you book it. Personally, we really enjoy it. It did sell out fairly quickly, within 3 days I think. Each year is a little different. Last year we had another family with us and were a party of 8. We probably spent about 2 hours there. They have 6-8 buffets set up (all are about the same) and 3-4 dessert areas so it is easy to get to food regardless of where you are seated. They also have several "meet and greets" going on, so lines aren't too bad there either. (Add to it, my daughter, the teacher that she is, brought art projects to work on between courses! )
15241961_10211415568408468_6379982889484375952_n.jpg

Just wondering how much the buffet for Thanksgiving is at the DLH? Also it will be our first time during the holidays, so excited! We'll be there during Thanksgiving week!

Just wondering how much the buffet for Thanksgiving is at the DLH? Also it will be our first time during the holidays, so excited! We'll be there during Thanksgiving week!
It was $79 per person I believe. Kids 9 and under were $30. It is a prepay, and you could cancel up to 5 days prior.

It was $79 per person I believe. Kids 9 and under were $30. It is a prepay, and you could cancel up to 5 days prior.

I think we were charged $101.94 per person (no AP discount) in full at the time of booking. The CM was very understanding about my shock and surprise.

I think we were charged $101.94 per person (no AP discount) in full at the time of booking. The CM was very understanding about my shock and surprise.
Right. $79, plus tax and tip. And the no AP discount last year surprised me, as we had always been allowed the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter