Christmas on RCCL

totallytigger

DIS Veteran
We just booked a christmas cruise for 2018–Mariner out of Miami 4 day Bahamas cruise. It sails on xmas eve—so we’ll be on the ship for xmas day. Do they do anything special for xmas? Will it be warm enough to swim during that time of year

At Easter, there was a Great Display and Easter Bunny at the Windjammer. Also an Easter Parade on the Royal Promenade. There were two services, one Catholic, and one non-denominational. I don't see why they wouldn't do some sort of celebration for Christmas. As for swimming,
it depends. We had beautiful days that you could swim, and some nasty cold rainy days in April. I'm sure you could get the same in December.

The ship will be beautifully decorated. As for what they do on Christmas Day, I can't say, because I have never been aboard then. I would expect special items on the menu, and a visit from Santa Claus. As for swimming, that will depend on your itinerary and the weather.
Whatever happens, I'm sure you will have a great time!

We just booked a christmas cruise for 2018–Mariner out of Miami 4 day Bahamas cruise. It sails on xmas eve—so we’ll be on the ship for xmas day. Do they do anything special for xmas? Will it be warm enough to swim during that time of year

The ship will be beautifully decorated. As for what they do on Christmas Day, I can't say, because I have never been aboard then. I would expect special items on the menu, and a visit from Santa Claus. As for swimming, that will depend on your itinerary and the weather.
Whatever happens, I'm sure you will have a great time!

Like MinMou says, the ship will be beautifully decorated! As far as being warm enough to swim I think it depends on what you consider "warm enough!" :flower1: I live in the South, and on my latest Bahamas cruise in October I did not think it was warm enough, but there sure were plenty of people in the water so somebody thought it was! Oh, and my kids had no problem with swimming, but they've been known to swim until they turn blue! :beach:

Like MinMou says, the ship will be beautifully decorated! As far as being warm enough to swim I think it depends on what you consider "warm enough!" :flower1: I live in the South, and on my latest Bahamas cruise in October I did not think it was warm enough, but there sure were plenty of people in the water so somebody thought it was! Oh, and my kids had no problem with swimming, but they've been known to swim until they turn blue! :beach:

Thank you! We live up near the Canadian border—so our warm is most people’s freezing cold! :sunny:

My DH, 2 college kids and I are thinking about doing a 2018 Christmas cruise as well. We are looking at driving to Florida then doing a 4 or 5 day cruise. I've been comparing RCCL and Carnival itineraries and costs. So far RCCL has the best cost. We are looking at an older ship (Majesty of the Seas) out of Fort Lauderdale, going to the Western Caribbean. When is the best time to book to get the best rate?

My DH, 2 college kids and I are thinking about doing a 2018 Christmas cruise as well. We are looking at driving to Florida then doing a 4 or 5 day cruise. I've been comparing RCCL and Carnival itineraries and costs. So far RCCL has the best cost. We are looking at an older ship (Majesty of the Seas) out of Fort Lauderdale, going to the Western Caribbean. When is the best time to book to get the best rate?

I would strongly consider a bigger ship for first RCCL Cruise. We love the freedom class. But oasis class or voyager class are good too.

I love the small ships when just DH AND I buy my son would be bored. The bigger ships have the surf pool, mini golf, ice shows etc.

Just my two cents as I don’t want your first RCCL Cruise to be disappointing.

I agree with the previous poster. I wouldn't do Majesty with 2 college age kids. Independence does 4 and 5 night cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. That may be a better choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!