Christmas on the Magic 2016 - COMPLETED

We always walk from the ship to the tram stop for Serenity Bay. It is really a nice walk. On the way back we might be too tired from the sun and be lazy though...

How nice that you got to meet a favorite character!! In my experience the interaction on the ship is often much better than in the parks, so you should not be sad about not having met him in the parks before.
I agree about the parks, I feel like they rush you through meeting them and it's not as personable.

DAY SEVEN - CASTAWAY CAY (DECEMBER 29) PART FIVE

I had seen pictures of Mount Rustmore on here and had wanted to visit it. But when we looked at the map of the island it wasn't listed anywhere. I figured it had to be at one of the family beaches and we would just walk along and hopefully stumble upon it. Which is exactly what happened.

upload_2017-2-7_8-35-17.png

It was right by the shops and barely anyone was around at this late hour. There was a little boy who was climbing all over the Mount Rustmore. He was probably around five or six and wouldn't get off so I could take a full picture. He was nice enough to move over onto the Mickey side so I could get a partial picture. I'm not sure where his parents were, but he stayed up there while other families tried to take pictures in front of this.

upload_2017-2-7_8-36-59.png

We looked around the shops and decided it was time to start walking back to the ship.

upload_2017-2-7_8-37-44.png

upload_2017-2-7_8-38-19.png

upload_2017-2-7_8-38-46.png

The name of the manager is very funny on the post office.

upload_2017-2-7_8-39-12.png

I know a lot of people like having a balcony facing the main part of the island. But I thought our view was nice as well. We are still trying to decide for our next cruise if we should pick the opposite side of the ship to get a different perspective. I'm not really sure what I want to do since I liked being on the Port side.

upload_2017-2-7_8-41-26.png

upload_2017-2-7_8-41-50.png

We had a little time to relax in the room before we had to start getting ready for dinner. It was a weird feeling knowing we would be heading off to our last dinner on the ship and then our last show.

DAY SEVEN - CASTAWAY CAY (DECEMBER 29) PART SIX - FINAL ENTRY

First, does anyone know how I can edit the name of this to add completed? I've been clicking on lots of things, but nothing seems to take me to where I can do that. Thanks!

The end of my last day has finally arrived. I didn't take any pictures the morning of so my trip report will be concluding on this day.

upload_2017-2-9_8-4-12.png

I saw my first sun sent on the ship - finally! I had been wanting to see one every night, but it always seemed like we were busy or already at dinner and would miss it. We went out on the balcony to watch our boat sail away from Castaway Cay. It was fun seeing the crew members who remain on the island waving to us from the dock. It was a gorgeous sunset too.

We headed off to our final dinner on the ship. Everything seemed so final, last time we would do this and last time we would do that. Makes you never want to get off the ship!

Our last dinner was in Cariocas. We handed out the tip envelopes to our amazing wait staff and told them how we were going to miss them. They told us they'd hide us on the ship so we wouldn't have to leave :rotfl:
upload_2017-2-9_8-7-55.png
My boyfriend had raw tuna as an appetizer. I am not a fan of fish in general, especially when it's raw. I thought the arrangement on the plate looked pretty though, so I took a picture of it.

upload_2017-2-9_8-9-6.png
My appetizer was sooo delicious I ended up ordering two. It was pasta filled with mushrooms and truffle sauce. As you can see from the picture I am a fan of parmesan cheese.

upload_2017-2-9_8-10-9.png
I also got chicken satay with peanut sauce. This was delicious. I think I actually like the appetizers on the ship way more than I like the main courses. I might consider asking for larger portions of them and just have them as my main meal next time I cruise. This dish was delicious as well.

I had been excited for the main course, we both order beef wellington. I am a big fan of Gordon Ramsey and watch all his cooking shows. If you ever watch Hell's Kitchen, they always make beef wellington. I've never seen it on a menu anywhere before and have always wanted to try it. I was sadly disappointed by this dish, and could totally hear Gordon screaming at the chefs for how it came out.

upload_2017-2-9_8-12-25.png
My boyfriends was cooked better and he was nice enough to switch with me. I guess I'll have to go to one of Gordon's restaurant to get a good one. The side items were bleh too. The potatoes were barely cooked and the vegetables seemed like an after thought on the plate.

upload_2017-2-9_8-13-50.png
I seemed to be a fan of only taking pictures of the dessert menu covers. They were cutely designed. For my next cruise I'll definitely be taking more pictures so I can have a more in depth trip report (upcoming birthday cruise this May on the Dream :cool1:) If you enjoyed this trip report keep an eye out for it in the beginning of June.

upload_2017-2-9_8-15-48.png
For dessert I ordered my usual Mickey ice cream bar and also had a cheesecake that was very yummy as well. I feel like a little kid always having the Mickey bar. They are just so delicious and the last time I had gone to the parks I forgot to get one and felt like I was missing out.

After dinner we went to see the final show of the cruise.

DISNEY DREAMS – AN ENCHANTED CLASSIC
Celebrate the power of dreams during this award-winning live show that tells the story of little Anne Marie, a girl who can’t find it in her heart to believe—until an unexpected visit makes her sing a different tune.

This is from Disney's website, the description of the show. I didn't take any pictures, but I thought it was very well done. At first, it was a little hard for me to get past the fact the girl playing the part of the main character was one of the step sisters from the Twice Charmed show. I did like how there were so many different Disney movies incorporated into this show. Before the show we had asked a cast member if the smoke machine would be used in this production. She had said yes, so we opted to sit in the sixth row instead. Just like the Tangled show, the fog went up to row five over peoples heads and I heard a lot of coughing.

After the show we went back to our room to relax for a little bit. We had some time before the farewell show and the adult entertainment show that night.
upload_2017-2-9_8-21-40.png
We had a cute bunny waiting for us on our bed.

upload_2017-2-9_8-23-43.png
I wasn't sure exactly what the farewell show was, thinking it was an actual show - it wasn't. Everyone from all the stage productions and the characters came out for a final farewell and would take pictures with everyone. Since the adult show was at the same time as this we took one quick picture with a ruffian from the Tangled show and then headed off to Fathoms.

upload_2017-2-9_8-25-8.png

This was my last picture of the cruise. everyone waiting patiently for the characters to arrive. We went off to Fathoms where David the club host was explaining what the final game would be for the cruise. The entire cruise we never participated in any of the shows and just watched people. This last one we couldn't do that. The room was split into two teams. A song clip would be played and someone from the team would have to tell our team leader what song they thought it was. Then everyone had to get up and dance and do something crazy to get points. At one point we did a conga line out the door and sprinted around the hall back to the other door and started the conga line all before the music stopped playing. It was a lot of fun (I danced on top of a chair) The room was filled with high energy and it was a great way to end such an awesome cruise. My side won by the way :dancer:

We went to bed shortly after this. At dinner we had told our servers that this would be the last time we would be seeing them. The main seating time was very very early and I wanted to sleep in as long as possible. So instead, my boyfriend went up to Cabanas for me and brought back a couple plates of food for us to eat on our balcony. It was nice being able to take our time getting ready to leave. My parents were nice enough to come pick us up from the port and we were in no hurry to get off the ship.

We went to the atrium and saw lots of people in line to go eat the second seating breakfast and a line of people getting off the ship. Our color tags hadn't been called yet so we walked around the ship for a little. Then our color was called and off we went. I was in a skirt and it was apparently the first day of cold weather Florida had seen so I was a bit chilly getting off the ship. The process was pretty easy. We found our bags and got through customs in less than a minute. We found my parents car and off we went.

So this is the end of my trip report. I really enjoyed reliving my great memories, it was like taking a vacation all over again. I enjoyed having you all read along with me (that's the best part!) As I mentioned above, I am going on my second Disney cruise for my birthday at the end of May on the Dream. If you enjoyed reading this trip report look out for my next one I'll be writing in the beginning of June when I get back.

Thanks again for taking this journey with me!

Thanks for the wonderful trip report!!

First, does anyone know how I can edit the name of this to add completed? I've been clicking on lots of things, but nothing seems to take me to where I can do that. Thanks!

Go to your first post. There at the top right corner is a field that says "Thread Tools" and it has a little triangle next to it. If you hover with your mouse over it, it will open a little menu, one choice is "Edit Thread Title" and then a box will appear where you can change the title as you wish.

I think I actually like the appetizers on the ship way more than I like the main courses.

I agree with this. I often found the appetizers far more interesting than the main courses as well.

Thanks for the wonderful trip report!!

Go to your first post. There at the top right corner is a field that says "Thread Tools" and it has a little triangle next to it. If you hover with your mouse over it, it will open a little menu, one choice is "Edit Thread Title" and then a box will appear where you can change the title as you wish.

I agree with this. I often found the appetizers far more interesting than the main courses as well.
Thank you for your help!

I just came across your trip report and read it straight through! The pictures were great and I love the pictures from your waterproof camera.
I can't wait to read about your next cruise!:yay:

I just came across your trip report and read it straight through! The pictures were great and I love the pictures from your waterproof camera.
I can't wait to read about your next cruise!:yay:
Thank you! :D I do love my underwater camera it takes some great pictures. I'll have to go in the water a lot on my next cruise so I can use it again.

Wonderful trip report! I've been toying with the idea of doing one myself, but the task seems daunting...especially the photos! o_O

Wonderful trip report! I've been toying with the idea of doing one myself, but the task seems daunting...especially the photos! o_O
Thank you! I hope it helps with your planning :)

I recommend making one, its nice being able to relive your vacation after its over. I've never done anything like this before, it was a little bit of a learning process at first, but if you have any questions I'm happy to help :)

NAVIGATORS

So I got photo bucket and thought I'd test it out with uploading the navigators from my cruise. Fingers crossed this works. I think I made the photo bucket private so I'm not sure if that matters, but I'm seeing the picture below and I'm a little excited lol.

IMG_7047_zpsh6zyesiq.jpg

IMG_7045_zpssbmbkecp.jpg

IMG_7048_zpsvgomilkq.jpg

IMG_7049_zpsqqfmm7wn.jpg

IMG_7050_zpsbuwy9nvh.jpg

IMG_7051_zps9fqskqso.jpg

IMG_7052_zpsrnixnhkm.jpg

Hi FSU Girl. Love your posts and your trip reports. I can't see the pictures above. Probably blocked by the browser I am required to use. If photobucket is easier for you, by all means use it. I just wanted to provide feedback that some of us can't see pictures from that source.

Hi FSU Girl. Love your posts and your trip reports. I can't see the pictures above. Probably blocked by the browser I am required to use. If photobucket is easier for you, by all means use it. I just wanted to provide feedback that some of us can't see pictures from that source.
Could it be because my photobucket is private? Or you can't see any pictures that come from that site?

I'm not certain. There are a number of pictures from other posters which I also can't see. Might they all have their photobucket pictures set to private? But most likely, where I am just blocks the photobucket website.

Thank you! I hope it helps with your planning :)

I recommend making one, its nice being able to relive your vacation after its over. I've never done anything like this before, it was a little bit of a learning process at first, but if you have any questions I'm happy to help :)
Thanks for the encouragement and I'm sure that I will need help, if I do a TR! :surfweb:

I don't really read trip reports, and I just read the whole thing and LOVE it!
But, I hate you for making me miss the Magic soon much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts