Christmas shopping- Has anyone started?

My own sense of humor tends very heavily to the sarcastic side, which is fine when I am with a group of people I know well, but it's not suitable on a message board with a wide audience. In that light, your comment does not come across as "humorous" at all, but rather as troll-ish. But trolls are gonna troll, right?

I took it in the context it was meant and thought it was humorous.

:santa:I started in July 2019 (Christmas In July) and I have finished 3 sons, 1 daughter in law, all co workers (45 $5.00 Starbucks cards), family and friends and 1 secret Santa gift.
I also have 4 family December birthdays that I've bought for.

I just have my grandaughter left,,,I plan to have a chat about 2-3 weeks before Christmas about her *wish* list.
Last year I just feel like nothing I got her was what she wanted or needed.

I have purchased reusable christmas bags (handmade from Etsy) for wrapping and packaging. Everything is paid for ,,NO Christmas debt this year!!!:dogdance:

This year will be about giving needed, useful ,and consumable items.
I plan to do a Christmas food shop and donate it to our local food bank.

I have one quick craft to make that I will add gift cards to (already purchased).
Hand scrub in a jar (I bought some cute Amber Mason Jars in the summer) .
Mint Sugar Scrub: Recipe here.
https://lovegrowswild.com/2013/11/diy-mint-sugar-scrub-holiday-gift-ideas/
1567968739713.png
I am just one of those people that hates shopping in the winter weather.

Wishing everyone a great start to their early Christmas shopping.

Mel

I’ve gotten DD a blanket with pizza and tacos all over it. I also have a GK leo for her stocking. I am not sure what else to get her, she never asks for anything.

Waiting for Black Friday or Cybe Monday sales to get a Switch as the BIG family gift.

use caution if ordering on-line. gamestop over sold one of the popular gaming systems last year for black friday. they ended up not honoring those sales and giving those who didn't get them something like a $25 or so gift card but it came nowhere near close to the price savings over the regular price (we were lucky and had ordered through walmart-got it no problem).

I am so tired of stuff! But when my kids were little I did try to get them 2-3 things they wanted and maybe 1 thing they didn't want! When they hit high school and college, I just used Christmas to buy things I knew I would have to get them anyway (like a new laptop etc).
Now they are all 19 and older, we are doing a huge family trip to WDW this Christmas and that will be the gift! We are doing stockings and everyone can pick up little stuff to put in them for eachother. But, that is it. I got some really cute stuff 75% off at World Market the other day for stockings.

I have quite a bit done already. I got my fiance 2 Dooney and Bourke Iowa Hawkeye bags she has been wanting. One is what I call a regular purse and one is the smaller cross body. I found both of them at pretty good clearance price at Marshalls. I've also had great luck at Dick's Sporting Goods finding Under Armour and Nike branded jackets for crazy % off. It is hit and miss there. I did pay full price for a pair of Harry Potter Vans as soon as they came out for my future Step Daughter. She is going to freak out. I thought I better get them while I could and they probably won't go on sale. I actually enjoy Christmas shopping and not doing it all online.

Started thinking about it, but still have to get through 2 birthdays first

I get a bonus at work the week before Black Friday so I usually use that to buy the bulk of our kids gifts

use caution if ordering on-line. gamestop over sold one of the popular gaming systems last year for black friday. they ended up not honoring those sales and giving those who didn't get them something like a $25 or so gift card but it came nowhere near close to the price savings over the regular price (we were lucky and had ordered through walmart-got it no problem).
Thanks! I was going to order from Target. Fingers crossed they have a good sale! If not..oh well. Kids keep getting older and all they want are video games. :lmao:

Thanks! I was going to order from Target. Fingers crossed they have a good sale! If not..oh well. Kids keep getting older and all they want are video games. :lmao:

Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Game Stop all had similar deals on the PS4 and XBox One last year, if I remember right. DS18 wanted a PS4 for his bday (close to Thanksgiving) and DS16 wanted an Xbox One. We got them both from Best Buy online with no problems.

I just got laptops for my sons from Staples this weekend. My daughter wants airpods, which I am clueless about. Other than that, the kids are taking trips this summer. They know that Christmas is small because of the trips (which at this point, they would rather). So they will get the gift plus any clothes they might need (I shop the Veteran's Day sales).

My kids are young adults. Have no idea what we are getting #1,mostly likely something for his computer are car. Ds#2 has been wanting to go see the St. Louis Blues play in there stadium. So that is his present this year. He knows about it because he help pick out the tickets. We also plan on giving him money to get a jersey when they are there.

I just got laptops for my sons from Staples this weekend. My daughter wants airpods, which I am clueless about. Other than that, the kids are taking trips this summer. They know that Christmas is small because of the trips (which at this point, they would rather). So they will get the gift plus any clothes they might need (I shop the Veteran's Day sales).

My DD wants airpods too they are pricey hoping to try and get them at a sale price fingers crossed

holy c-i looked at the calendar today and realized that i only have 2 weeks between returning from our 10 day vacation to universal and christmas day:scared::scared: i'm going to have to getting moving on my shopping and try to whack the majority out before we leave.

wish me luck-i hate to shop.

I wish Disney still offered those character design Disney dollars for gift enclosure cards and stocking stuffers and tooth fairy delivery...
Refuse to use gift cards. But most of Holiday budget on Disney and Universal Annual Pass renewals. We’re usually at Disneyworld for holidays. That is the best gift using DVC points to treat my family!

I’ve gotten DD a blanket with pizza and tacos all over it. I also have a GK leo for her stocking. I am not sure what else to get her, she never asks for anything.

I got DD a phone stone super cheap from someone who changed their mind and didn’t use it. So I’m up to a whole three things purchased.

DD19 and her friends are into building blanket forts like little kids these days. I googled it - apparently there is quite a number of adults that do this. Who knew? So I decided to put together a kit to help her build them.

So far I have in it:
- Various clamps of differing strengths and sizes ($5 HomeDepot and DollarTree). They struggle the most with getting the blankets to stay in place, especially when they use chairs and tables (sofa cushions work better but if I'm home that's a no go because I expect to be able to sit on my sofa!)
- Some paracord ($1 DollarTree)
- Some velcro strips I already had kicking around the house (free)
- Some cute battery operated string lights ($1.35 eBay), with some mini clothes pins that can be used to attach the lights to the blankets (free - already had). I was worried about these given the price, but they came yesterday and I am really happy with them!
- A drawstring bag to put it all in ($1.29 eBay)

Anyone got any ideas on anything else I can put in it? Cheap is a key factor LOL We have plenty of sheets and blankets around the house for her to use, so no need to buy any more of those.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter