Chronic coughers..

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
I'm feeling a like a big, doofus. I have a chronic cough. and this time of covid, I feel terrible if I'm in public hacking away. My cough is caused by acid reflux, so I usually get the coughing fits after I eat. I hate feeling like the plague, and that everyone around me is thinking "COVID!!! run!!" I sorta want to hide under a rock. Thanks for letting me rant.

I have developed a chronic cough after covid was over with and forgotten. I feel the same way when in public. I feel like I have the plague too, LOL. If it is really a bad cough, I put my mask on and of course cough into my arm and away from others. This is mostly after I eat too and is irritating for me too. So, I know how you feel but don't know what to do for it!

My husband has this, too! You're not alone! Depending on the food he eats, it sounds like he's positively dying. He gets many eyeballs. I get second-hand anxiety when we go out to dinner, lol.

It’s a difficult path to navigate right now That’s for sure. I used to have a cough like that, I don’t know how, but I don’t anymore.
This too shall pass.😊

Last edited:
I have a cough from fall allergies. DS coughs alot due to reflux but he just tries to take it in stride. It is what it is and everyone should understand that coughing does not (and in most cases) mean covid. And I think alot of people do understand this. This is a good place to vent about it.

I have a bad habit of drinking water too quickly, which is never good in this day and age in a restaurant!! Everyone looks like "ooh, he's got the plague" when in reality my epiglottis is just a little slow on the pickup sometimes!! I've been known to choke on my own saliva from time to time, too...

I have a bad habit of drinking water too quickly, which is never good in this day and age in a restaurant!! Everyone looks like "ooh, he's got the plague" when in reality my epiglottis is just a little slow on the pickup sometimes!! I've been known to choke on my own saliva from time to time, too...
Same! I'm somehow never learned to swallow properly or something because I swallow the wrong way almost every day. I hate doing it in public.

I've also started coughing when I exercise (mild asthma). I've been taking a new fitness class and trying to get healthier and lose weight and I hate when it comes on. I don't want people thinking I'm spreading plague at the gym.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter