Cinderella Castle Closed in Nov.?

HyattVacationClub

Earning My Ears
I can't recall where I read it on the Disney site, but I thought I saw that Cinderella's castle would be closed sometime in November (we're planning to visit the weekend prior to Thanksgiving).

Was I dreaming this or can someone confirm or deny this? If that's the case, would Disney still offer Cinderella character breakfast somewhere other than in her castle? My daughter will be just heartbroken if this is true!!!! :confused:

Thanks!

The castle is currently undergoing to rehab for painting, so those visiting in September will have to put up with a big ugly crane in their photos! But it's supposed to be done by mid-October, and the castle itself is still open through the rehab.

So the castle should have a nice fresh coat of paint by the time you get there in November.

Here is a site with rehab news:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic.htm

Lorfl2 -

Thanks for the clarification! Phew! As I looked through the site you mentioned re: the rehab news, I found the following:

"Crystal Palace will be closing July 28 2002 and reopening on December 15 2002."

Looks like I crossed my wires with Crystal Palace and the rennovation/painting on Cinderella's castle!

What's the scoop with Crystal Palace? That is, are we really missing anything much there?
Thx again! :wave:

Crystal Palace normally has a character meal with Pooh and friends (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), but as you said, it's closed until December. I believe they are replacing a lot of the glass (it is a big glass restaurant). Pooh and friends have moved to Tony's in MK for breakfast, but not lunch and dinner. If you were planning on a meal with Pooh, you now have fewer options, but other than that, you're not missing much.

We are going around the same time as you, and so far the only thing I believe we will be missing is Blizzard Beach, which closes for rehab every Nov/Dec.

Originally posted by lorifl2
Pooh and friends have moved to Tony's in MK for breakfast, but not lunch and dinner.

Actually, the character meal is at Tony's for breakfast *and* lunch. Dinner is the regular Tony's menu and no characters.

--kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter