Cinemagique

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Hello,

Planning our trip for next month and as the children are older wondered if they would enjoy Cinemagique. Looked on the website but it didn't really go into alot of detail re what it is like. So, if anyone here has seen it would you mind giving a brief description for me?

Thanks,
Joanne

Hi Joanne,
Dw and I saw it at the beggining of the month.
Basically they start running a film and then this chap (real) runs on the stage in front of the screen andd is magically transported into the film.
You see him on screen interacting with the caracters in each film clip , it's really clever how they do this and in true Disny fashion it all turns out happily in the end. We wanted to go back and see it again before leaving but didn't have the time.
Definitely give it a go if you can, much better than art of disney animation

It's the story of cinema really - it shows the progression of cinema through the ages with two characters meeting and then trying to find each other again. It goes, very effectively, from genre to genre from old films to modern classics with the characters talking different roles in each film. There are also a few special effects tricks invloved outside the screen too. It's a great story and a nice retrospective of the world of cinema. We go every time, at least once.

I would also recommend Cinémagique. There are some bits from films like Mary Poppins and Star Wars in it, and lots of kids in the audience (when we went) were laughing at the very clever special effects. Try to get seats in the first few rows in the centre so that you get the best view. :) It's something everyone can enjoy, not just adults.

Just wanted to add my recommendation too. Cinemagique is very clever and extremely well done. It's not all that long - maybe 20 to 30 minutes but is very entertaining. We see it every time we go.

We went in 2003 when our DS s were 3 1/2 and 9 1/2. Both enjoyed the show (though obviously there were some bit that went way over their heads :cool1: ), and for DH and I it was probably one of the highlights of the trip. And you're in A/C!

Don't miss it! :goodvibes

I'm the only dissenting voice here again :)

I thought Cinemagique was really dull. DH thought there had been a similar show at Universal but years and years ago.

I'm glad we saw it though to make our own minds up, I wouldn't rush to see it again (and I know I am in a minority here ;) )

We do absolutely love Anamagique :)

Cinémagique is not only the best attraction at WDS, but also the most expensive. (Royalties for the non-Disney films). Cinémagique has also won lots of international awards! So yes, Cinémagique is must do!

We've never managed this one, so will add it to our to do list to see what we and the kids think about it.

Reid

I saw Cinemagique last time I went to DLP and would definitely recommend it. The little 'uns might prefer Animagique but having seen both I would say that Cinemagique was more interesting and fun.

We only went to see Cinemagique in February, because on the last day it was snowing and we were doing all the indoors things we could find!!!!!! :cold:
But I am so glad we didn't miss it, its the one show my 7 year old still asks questions about - he wants to go back just to figure out all the special effects.

Hope you find time to see it. :goodvibes I can imagine in nice weather though the last thing you want to do is go inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter