Citizens of Hollywood

Aristocat97

Earning My Ears
The citizens of hollywood have always been one of our favorite attractions at Disney World. They remained one of the reasons we visited Hollywood Studios again and again in one trip. I was recently showing a video of some of my favorites to a friend, and caught a glimpse of an item from several months ago saying that several of the performers had been cut, but I wasn't able to find any recent news items on this. What happened with that? Which performers were cut?
Thanks for any news, I'm anxiously awaiting updates on my favorite characters in the entire 'World'!

Hmm, I did a quick search and was not able to find exactly who was cut. Just 10 of the 29 performers. Here is the Orlando Sentinel article.

Every other article I found referenced the Orlando Sentinel article.

Here is a list of the Citizens of Hollywood. It must have been a while since it was updated, because there's more than 29 people on there.

What I can tell you is that Officer Percival Peabody is safe. I saw his during our late June trip. Also, I'm pretty sure that's the same guy that plays the bus driver in the Disney Magical Express video. I should have asked him when I walked past him this last trip...oh well...maybe next time.

Even that list strikes me as incomplete. Weren't there also "utility workers" in the Citizens of Hollywood? And other types? With the exception of the policemen, that list only seems to cover entertainment types.
All of them would be considered entertainment types.

mikepizzo- Thank you for finding that article, though it's still perplexing that there seems to be nothing beyond that giving further details about the cuts. Glad to hear Officer Peabody is safe, we have only seen him a few times, but he was a very fun character.
LeeandRobin- Yes, there seems to be quite a few missing from that list, though it is handy as far as it goes. The utility workers- The Hollywood Public Works- were some of our hands-down favorites, and I was particularly hoping to hear news about them- especially on Rico and Fredrick.

We had made a trip just a month or two ago (our first trip in the summer heat) and didn't see many of the shows there. We didn't seek them out so much because of the heat, but I can confirm we saw Paige Turner with (I believe) Dorma Nesmond while we were there, so that brings the count of confirmed seen characters to 3, I suppose.

I also found a Facebook fan page for the citizens of hollywood, which seemed to indicate that several of the characters would be 'replaced' and would look a little different the next time they came out. I'm not sure if that is the case for all, but they showed a picture of Stone Granite on there, and he seemed to look very different!

Still desperately seeking to find out if the Public Works guys and our absolute top-of-the-heap favorite, Jack Diamond, are also still around. :/

Even that list strikes me as incomplete. Weren't there also "utility workers" in the Citizens of Hollywood? And other types? With the exception of the policemen, that list only seems to cover entertainment types.

I did notice the Public Works guys weren't there. Maybe they aren't listed because they are considered a different type of entertainment vOv? I did find a list of the Citizens of Hollywood that KennyThePirate has recently seen:

• Beau Wranger
  • Betty Shambles
  • Chlow Canard
  • Dorma Nesmond
  • Evie Starlight
  • Jack Diamond
  • Mimi Kaboom
  • Officer Pervical Peabody
  • Officer William Club
  • Oscar Meyerweiner
  • Paige Turner
  • Sonny Burbank
  • Stone Granite
mikepizzo- Thank you for finding that article, though it's still perplexing that there seems to be nothing beyond that giving further details about the cuts. Glad to hear Officer Peabody is safe, we have only seen him a few times, but he was a very fun character.
LeeandRobin- Yes, there seems to be quite a few missing from that list, though it is handy as far as it goes. The utility workers- The Hollywood Public Works- were some of our hands-down favorites, and I was particularly hoping to hear news about them- especially on Rico and Fredrick.

We had made a trip just a month or two ago (our first trip in the summer heat) and didn't see many of the shows there. We didn't seek them out so much because of the heat, but I can confirm we saw Paige Turner with (I believe) Dorma Nesmond while we were there, so that brings the count of confirmed seen characters to 3, I suppose.

I also found a Facebook fan page for the citizens of hollywood, which seemed to indicate that several of the characters would be 'replaced' and would look a little different the next time they came out. I'm not sure if that is the case for all, but they showed a picture of Stone Granite on there, and he seemed to look very different!

Still desperately seeking to find out if the Public Works guys and our absolute top-of-the-heap favorite, Jack Diamond, are also still around. :/

Just an FYI, if you use the "Quote" feature on the board (bottom right corner of each individual post) the person you are quoting (and presumably replying directly to) will get a notification that you have done so. It helps keep the conversation going so people don't have to go back and check each thread they've posted to.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the Public Works guys there in June...but I can't be 100% certain. We move around pretty quick in the parks and typically don't stop for the Citizens of Hollywood. Hope all of your favorites are there when you go on your next trip!

I love Betty Shambles, I would possibly marry her. She has to stay in character though. It'd be funny to see her going around doing normal things like shopping.

14218911007_f64c3342cc.jpg

Last edited:

A large handful of the CoH cast was cut earlier this year, one of the actors ended up transferring into my department.

Hello! I'm big fan of the Citizens of Hollywood but have been unable to visit DHS for a while. Can someone kindly update me on the Citizens by answering any or all of the following questions?

Has the Hollywood Public Works been restored to the COH line-up or are Frederick, Sparky, and the Boss still gone?

In April of 2016, Alberto Dante, Daley Reels, and Wink Wright were I believe all let go. Have any of them since re-appeared on Hollywood Blvd?

I'm told that at one time the COH were doing some early shows at the entry plaza area. Is that still the case?

Have any brand new Citizens of Hollywood been added to the lineup in the last few months? If so, what are their names?

Are the Citizens still performing 5 shows per day? What might typical showtimes be?

Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts