CL worth it?

ww52

DIS Veteran
I've read several dozen pages on this thread and have a general idea of what CL benefits get you - but I still wonder.

We have reservations at the Swan CL for $199 teacher rate vs. $129 for a regular room. Here is what I see we get for $70 per night (three people):

Continental breakfast each day from 7-10.
Snacks from 5-7.

We'll take advantage of the breakfast each day, but with some advanced shopping we could accomplish the same thing. Maybe that saves us $25. Of course CL would be more convenient.

The evening is less likely to add much since we won't often be around for that time.

So am I missing anything? I haven't read anything about the rooms being any better on the CL floor. I suspect the view is better since it puts us on the 12th floor - but I would think we could get a good view without paying the $70 difference. Is the $10 resort fee waived? Can you take bottles of water or snacks out of the lounge to bring with to the parks?

It would be a no brainer if we got the upgrade for free, or even with SPG points (I'm working on that and have a question on the Starwood thread about that). But is it worth $70?

Thanks

Sorry - meant to put this on the Swan/dolphin thread and hit "new thread" instead of "reply". Then tried to delete but could not.

Honestly, it's not. I'm sure that you'll get varying opinions on this, and this is JMHO of course. DH and I stayed at the Swan May 9th-11th. We had a great Priceline rate, and we used our Starwood points to add CL privledges. For 1250 points/night, the Club was worth it. I would not pay actual $$ for it, though. First of all, we asked for a corner king room on another floor...we wanted a good view of Illuminations and one of the nice corner king rooms. We got room 627, which was great! They still allowed us to have CL privledges w/o being on the 12th floor, which was great. That way, we got the best of both worlds...a great room and CL.

The CL offerings were decent, but not worth $70/night! You could go to the Boardwalk Bakery and grab yourself a breakfast of similar items for $10/day! The evening snacks were decent, but again, you could go to the Dolphin Fountain and buy yourself the same cookies (albeit a huge version!) for a few dollars. I'd say upgrade to CL if you have the points, but skip it and spend that $70 elsewhere if you don't. You can buy a lot of food for $70, even in WDW:eek: :D :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter