Classic ships vs. bigger ships - What's to Love?

plumedeb

Mouseketeer
Have a trip booked on the Wonder - (Puerto Rico to New Orleans).

It's been many years since we have sailed the Wonder or Magic. Just wondering what they offer that the newer ships don't have. What are your favorite things about the Wonder?

Thanks!

The classic ships do not have the Meridian lounge, which we enjoy. We do like the classic ships for Castaway Cay which is not as crowded as the Dream class.

The Wonder will always be where our heart is. It's easy to think of the classic ships as "smaller" when in fact they are huge. It's just the newer ships are huger. The classics feel more personal, more traditional, much much less crowded on the ship and at CC, but with all the great services - MDRs, Palo, Shows, kids clubs, entertainment, adult areas, etc.

Although really once you board you are immersed in the Disney experience no matter which ship. I feel very comfortable and "at home" on any of the ship, just a bit more so on the classic ships.

I like Animator's Palate better on the classic ships. There is a shorter line fot Pelican Plunge on Castaway Cay.

Beyond that, I haven't felt there were any advantages to classic ships besides their itineraries. I haven't noticed crowding being more of an issue on board one versus the other, or felt that the service or food were any better on the classics. I've sailed all four, btw.

I like the style of Animator's Palate better on the classic ships. There is a shorter line for Pelican Plunge on Castaway Cay.

Beyond that, I haven't felt there were any advantages to classic ships besides their itineraries. I haven't noticed crowding being more of an issue on board one class versus the other, or felt that the service or food were any better on the classics.

I've sailed all four ships within the past five years, btw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts