Cleaning the jacuzzi tub

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
Looking for what others do the clean the tub before using it.

Honestly, 10 years ago I didn't give it a second thought and just hopped in. Then I started to read they might not be the cleanest so I've avoided them since. However, dang ... I MISS my bubbly tub on vacation.

Any recommendations for what I can bring or do to clean the tub?

I believe all the DVC resorts are switching out the Jacuzzi tubs with free-standing regular bathtubs. I'm not sure if all resorts have finished yet, so you might want to give the resort a call before packing cleaning supplies.

I keep bleach tablets in my Owners Locker and clean the tub when we arrive. Prior to having our locker, I carried some in our checked luggage. I wouldn't use the tub without them.

You can clean a jacuzzi tub with dishwasher detergent with bleach like Cascade Complete. Fill the tub to cover the jets by a couple of inches with hot water turn on the jets and add the detergent, run for 10 minutes. Drain. And then refill the tub with water and turn on jets for 10 minutes and drain. Wipe the tub clean. Now it should be clean enough to use.

Some members use the dishwasher detergent supplied for the villa, but I don't know if it has bleach in it.

If you're up for buying a dedicated cleaner, Yuk jetted tub cleaner (the green kind), available from Amazon among other places, works amazingly well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter