Clearwater wedding in June

Karyn.Phil

Earning My Ears
Hi

I'm from the UK and have booked to get married at Sand Key Beach in Clearwater at sunset on June 19th. It is kinda hard planing stuff from the UK! Anyone got any comments on location, the beach, getting to the beach etc.

We are staying in the Belleview Biltmore hotel in Clearwater and would love to hear from anyone who has stayed here before.

Thanks for your help

Karyn

:wave: Hi Karyn, we're from down south in the UK. We stayed n Sand Key a couple of years ago in the Radisson Suites, right opposite Sand Key beach. It's gorgeous. Don't know anything about the hotel you will be staying in, but there are little trolly buses that run from Clearwater up to Sand Key, there's loads of shops and restaurants in Clearwater and also on the Shoppes on the Key (I think they were called) along a boardwalk next to the Radisson.

The sunsets are amazing - have you been to the Gulf Coast before??

Hi

I was down in St Pete's a few years ago, staying on Isla del sol which was super and really relaxing. I had elderly relatives with me so didn't get around much. I've never been to Sandy Key Park but it looked reasonably quiet for a sunset wedding ceremony. Is it scenic do you know (the sunset will be anyway!)

Can you recommend any good tours or restaurents?

Thanks for your reply

Karyn

Is it "pretty" - not in the tropical paradise sense, but gorgeous, white sandy beaches. This area - and St Pete's is VERY popular with US weddings. There are some very large condos beach side along here, but you don't need to see them. Next door to the Sheraton Sand Key hotel is a national park - very pretty.

Tours - we tended to drive around ourselves, but went with Virgin on a shell/dophin watching trip - boat is called Discovery from Tierre Verde marina, St Pete's. Fantastic half a day trip over to Shell Bay, take a picnic. You spot dolphins in the bay on the way there, spend a couple of hours on Shell Bat (shell picking, swimming, whatever - it's blissfully not developed and just a gorgous beach for strolling along) and then watch for more dolphins in the way back.

Clearwater boasts the world's (I think) largest speedboat - The Screamer - very popular. Also off Clearwater bay is Captain Memo's Pirate Boat that does tours around. Check out the Clearwater/St Pete's websites, there's so much to do if you want - even Busch Gardens if you want animals/theme park (we rate BG better than some of the Disney parks for views etc). Loads and loads of restaurants around.

You will have such a fantastic time - the perfect place for a wedding and honeymoon.

Let me know if there's anything else specific and I'll look back through my old brochures.

Take care
xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter