Cline Bird Wishes Wedding 1/31/17 Update 8/15/16 ~ Schedule ~

Hey I just discovered your planning journal, your photos are gorgeous.
It looks like we'll be wedding buddies, I get married at the Pavillion on the same day
HOW EXCITING!!! I am following your PJ now! Can't wait to hear all about your planning. Are you worried about the weather at all? :sunny:

After reading through as many PJ's that I could get through this weekend, can I just say that I wish I would have decided on a Disney wedding before April. It would have saved us a whole lot on Annual passes :headache: and given me an extra few months of planning. If I just would have bit the bullet and decided on Disney from the beginning... oh well, the important thing is that I'M GETTING MARRIED AT DISNEY :D. We did receive our special blue magic bands which are adorable and a lovely gift from DFTW. Pictures to come.

We put our down payment on our hotels so we can do ADR 180 days out since we will be booking a large dining party at Ohana for our Rehearsal dinner and Whispering canyons for our Farewell brunch party. These will each be about 40-50 people so it's important to do it now! I have already spoken to the restaurant managers who were more than willing to work with us, which I am so grateful after reading so many posts that say it's difficult to get more than 40.

We will be staying at the Contemporary from Jan 27th-30th and Beach Club from Jan 31st-Feb 5th (and then GF the night before my wedding with my ladies)

We made a wedding website through wedding wire, my poor DF was doing it through word press and doing code for everything when I told him to just forget about it because it was way too complicated. Matt spent a whole weekend trying to perfect it, but it was just way more work. I got the wedding wire website done in a few hours... they make it so simple. Bless his heart for dealing with my indecisiveness.

Still no dress shopping... I'm the worst when it comes to procrastinating. I will be the bride writing her vows at 3am the night before her wedding. But real planning will begin after I take my NCLEX for my RN which is August 1st. So say a few prayers and send some pixie dust my way. :tinker:

Thanks for reading along! I was trying to see if you have a PJ yet, I couldn't find one. Post a link if you have one, I would love to follow!

I don't...YET! haha No we are just getting ready to start the planning process. We are hoping for a Wishes Wedding in January 2018 (fingers crossed!) :wizard:

Yess! She has been beyond amazing, we are so blessed. We have emailed back and forth and she is always quick to answer any questions and issues we have. I instantly knew I wanted Cricket, it was like magic when I saw her pictures. Good luck with the planning! I will try to find you PJ to follow along!

One more plug for Jamie.. She was our planner for our 7/3/16 wedding and she was amazing throughout the whole process. I even asked her some really off the wall questions (like is the lobster in the surf and turf entree made humanely LOL.. I started to get a little nuts at the end of the planning there :rolleyes1) and she always always took the time to find the answer to my question. She is the best, you are in great hands!

I'm excited to read along as you plan! :)

HOW EXCITING!!! I am following your PJ now! Can't wait to hear all about your planning. Are you worried about the weather at all? :sunny:
I was, hence choosing the Pavillion over SBP, but I spend my life in hotels so couldn't quite resign myself to a hotel room backup should we be rained out on SBP.
Everything I've read seems to say it should be nice... Let's hope.
Plus the crowds at Disney should be lower

Rebecca Bird (soon to be Cline) R.N. :donald:
I can not even believe it after putting wedding planning on hold for a whole month so I could study for the NCLEX (Boards for nursing) I can finally say that I am done and can start really get to planning.

**Visit our Wedding website and let me know what you think> Clineeverafter.com

So a few updates:
  • Rescheduled our phone planning session to September 7th with Jamie and Steven
  • Planning session in person is still happening on Monday December 5th to do the menu tasting (the best part) and run through some final touches
  • A very close family friend has offered to give us her DVC points for two nights at the Grand Floridian Villas, I am so blessed to have such lovely people in my life. I couldn't thank them enough. So we will be staying there for the night of our wedding and the day after. And I will already be on the GF property the day before our wedding because that's where we are using our free room. Princess treatment princess:
  • No dress... but I have made an appointment with my fiances aunts and my mom and sister to go to a small boutique shop on September 17th. They were so excited to ask me to go to the same boutique where they all bought their wedding dresses. I am so excited to become part of such a wonderful family.
  • Almost our whole guest list is coming, and counting! This is unexpected but fantastic at the same time. We really need to start saving. All my best friends, close family, and DCP roommates and close friends are coming. It's truly a dream come true.
  • Tickets for southwest to Orlando from Ohio are $69 one way for the week of our wedding, can you say PRAISE?!!! This is such fantastic news especially to the family and friends who were not sure they were going to make it.

Few questions for you former DB:
  • Did you put your married name on your reservations? Were you able to change your license before you went to Disney for your wedding?
  • Suggestions for hair and make up? (I'll be at the GF the night before and our wedding is a morning one)
  • For those of you that had a morning wedding and then a dessert party that evening, what did you do in between?
  • What suggestions do you have for getting the "special treatment" from Disney for your honeymoon, I know this might sound lame and cheap, but I just want everyone to know "I JUST GOT MARRIED" even if there are 5 million other brides there.
  • What did you do with your bridesmaids/girlfriends before the wedding?
Schedule

Friday, 01/27/17: Red eye flight to Orlando where we check into the Contemporary Hotel
Saturday, 01/28/17 The Wave breakfast with whoever comes in that morning. MK for the day with friends and family
Sunday, 01/29/17: Chef Mickeys breakfast with whomever wants to join. Epcot in the morning/afternoon for drinking around the world. MK in the evening for rides and fireworks
Monday, 01/30/17: Breakfast with the parents at 1800 Park Fare. Check into Grand Floridian. Ohana Rehearsal dinner at 3:30pm. Drinking around the monorail with my friends?
Tuesday, 01/31/17: WEDDING DAY> 10:00 am Ceremony at Wedding Pavilion. 11:00-3:00 pm Reception at Ariels. 3:00-7:00 pm Awkward window time... 7:30-9:00 pm Firework party at Epcot Italy Isola West. Check into Grand Floridian Villa's!
Wednesday 02/01/17: 6:30 am MK park shoot. 9:45 am Whispering Canyon Cafe morning after brunch. NAP. Charlie's Steak House
Thursday 02/02/17: Check into Beach Club Resort. Cape May breakfast with Minnie. Epcot day. Coral Reef
Friday 02/03/17: Kona Cafe breakfast. MK day. California Grill Dinner
Saturday 02/04/17: Boma Breakfast. Hollywood Studios/ Animal Kingdom day. Sanaa dinner
Sunday 02/05/17: Leave unless I can talk the fiance into one more night so we can do Universal Studios :hyper2:

Can you tell we are foodies? :banana: One of the main reasons we love Disney is the food. Where are my dieting people at? I plan on losing about 10-15lbs just so I can gain it all back that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter