Closest airport to HHI for Southwest Airlines

Mickbee

First voyage from Kingdom to Kingdom
Does anybody know off hand which airport that Southwest Airlines flies into is closest to Hilton Head Island and how long of a car ride from the airport to the resort?

Thanks! :)

The closest airport that SWA flies into is Jacksonville Florida. I believe it is around a 2 or 3 hour drive :(

HI Mickbee,

We are also from NH and love to fly Southwest out of Manchester. We had reservations to fly to Jacksonville on our last HH trip, but at the last minute decided to use Orlando instead since we were also cruising. I had figured Jacksonville to be close to 3 hours from HH. Yahoo Maps shows it to be 162 miles, so use that as a basis. The airport is north of the city, so that is a help. There are no direct flights to Jacksonville from Manchester though, so plan on connecting flights through Baltimore or possibly Islip. I've done quite a bit of research on getting to HH from NH, so if you have any other questions feel free to email me at dznymom@aol.com.

I see this thread is really old but curious if there is any new info. A closer airport. thanks

I see this thread is really old but curious if there is any new info. A closer airport. thanks
I don't think so. SW is fairly limited and Savannah is the closest decent size airport to HH. It's less than an hours drive. There is a small airport on the island but no SW. You can go on the SW website and click on "where we fly" and get more info.

Charleston, SC is approx. 100 miles north.
Jacksonville, FL is approx 160 miles south.

Distance varies by route taken.

You can fly into Charleston on Southwest. It is a 2 hour drive to the resort.

And since Southwest only began service to Charleston a few years ago, depending on the age of this thread, it was accurate at one time. We've flown into both airports. Far prefer Charleston.

However, if you have access to JetBlue, they fly into Savannah Airport, less then 30 minutes from HHI.

We flew Providence to Charleston this past July. It is about a 2 1/4 hour ride from there to HHI. Pleasant enough drive. The Charleston Airport is small with no real food options except a cart, so I would eat before arriving.

I have been to Hilton Head 3 times. I have flown to Jacksonville once and it was a 3 hour ride for me. I flew to Savannah twice and it was about 40 minute ride. The thing that no one has mentioned yet is that the time of year that you travel will greatly influence the time it takes to get to the resort. You may get to the island in good time but traffic bottlenecks and getting to your resort may be bumper to bumper in the summer months June, July and August especially if you arrive on a weekend when a lot of rental property is changing hands. This may easily add an unexpected 30 minutes to your travel time once you cross the bridge onto the island.

I have been to Hilton Head 3 times. I have flown to Jacksonville once and it was a 3 hour ride for me. I flew to Savannah twice and it was about 40 minute ride. The thing that no one has mentioned yet is that the time of year that you travel will greatly influence the time it takes to get to the resort. You may get to the island in good time but traffic bottlenecks and getting to your resort may be bumper to bumper in the summer months June, July and August especially if you arrive on a weekend when a lot of rental property is changing hands. This may easily add an unexpected 30 minutes to your travel time once you cross the bridge onto the island.
Even during the busier times the traffic is often not bad until mid afternoon onto the island mostly on Friday through Sunday and off near check out times and at quitting time weekdays.

We have flown into Atlanta, GA, then driven to HHI. SWA had a price that was too good to pass up. I don't remember how many hours to drive it. (maybe 5?)

I believe most of the drive was not on 95 which we really liked avoiding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter