Closing my acct

I'd also like to formally close my account so that it can be listed as "closed". Can I be banned instead? I no longer want to associate myself with this forum.

I'd also like to formally close my account so that it can be listed as "closed". Can I be banned instead? I no longer want to associate myself with this forum.
Same here, anyone figure out how to close their account completely?

If you don’t wish to participate, simply stop posting.
No, I want all of my past posts completely removed, as it my right under privacy laws, as I do not want my name a or username associated with these forums in anyway. When I say close, I mean I also want everything removed completely.

Simple:
  1. Many of the moderators and members have revealed their true colors and I won't support it.
  2. The ads on this board are becoming riddled with malware and I don't want my username associated with that in any way, shape or form.

No, I want all of my past posts completely removed, as it my right under privacy laws, as I do not want my name a or username associated with these forums in anyway. When I say close, I mean I also want everything removed completely.

@WebmasterKathy

Are you talking about Article 17 of GDPR , The Right To Be Forgotten http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/article-17-right-to-erasure-'right-to-be-forgotten'-GDPR.htm

Thats a European Privacy Law and Im not sure it applies to Disboards, as Disboards Dreams Unlimited is an American company

Which one?

I think cmwade77 means the Right to Be Forgotten section of the European GDPR Privacy Law , which became law in Europe in 2018. The Right to Be Forgotten clause means that in Europe, you have the legal right to request that all information held about you by a company is deleted and destroyed. The company has 30 days to comply with this request and the company is not allowed to charge for this request.

As it is an European Law, I very much doubt that the DIS / Dreams Unlimited have to comply with this law.

Actually, GDPR also affects foreign companies that do business in the EU. U.S. firms that have customers in Europe are affected by the GDPR and they are obliged to allow customers to see and delete the data that concerns them. This applies as much to Disboards and Touring Plans, as to the corporate giants, such as Facebook. So, if cmwade77 is an EU citizen, he/she can ask Disboards to provide a copy of all data relating to him/her and to delete all data. Disboards would have 30 days to comply, failing which a hefty fine could be imposed. The data search would include PMs exchanged between forum members...basically all electronic data, held in any format. Hugely burdensome but a very useful tool.

Oh I think I remember what drama sparked this for me. It was back when I was planning a trip to DW. Someone told me that children should get out of the way of adults. I was really devastated because it was a trip of a lifetime for my kids. I now only post in the cruise forums and I love that place so please don't hold me up as an example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!