Closing Time!!

I understand your vent, that's what I was told as well couldn't identify my identity??? I has to ask again, because the que asked for the last ssn number. It's frustrating, when you see some called and no problems and those of us are calling and being told something else. I would prefer the consistency, it doesn't help members, as well as when calling, because when you say, well one member on the board called and got theirs. It puts both parties in a spot.

So this is what I was just told as I'm typing this, Accounting doesn't get the information until all of the information is put in the system, therefore, even if it's in the system, from calling MS, everything isn't completed, when I was told they couldn't verify my identity, they didn't have our socials yet.

Social Security #? I did'nt have to put down my Social in my contract nor closing documents. why would Disney need this?

Buying two contracts, same resort and same UY:
Contract #1
Offer made: 3/24
Counter-offer accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR : 3/25
Passed ROFR: 4/19
Closing Documents Received: 5/9
Closing Documents/Check Sent: 5/11
Closing Completed: 5/18
Deed Recorded:
Points in DVC Account: 5/31
*almost 10 weeks from offer to finish!
Contract #2
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/4
Sent to ROFR : 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing Documents Received: ?
Closing Documents/Check Sent: ?
Closing Completed: ?
Deed Recorded: ?
Points in DVC Account: ?
*still waiting for estoppel

I called main DVC line @ 407-566-3800 and selected option 3, and then option 4. When the line was answered, I told them my name and said I recently closed on DVC and was looking to see if I had a member number had been assigned yet. They asked for name and address, and then provided me a number . I was then transferred - I think it was to member services - and was given my DVC ID and an activation code. From there, I registered online and was able to book our first DVC stay. Good luck!
Thank you....can't wait!!!!

Has anyone called in and successfully got their number recently? Want to get an idea how far along they are.

Has anyone called in and successfully got their number recently? Want to get an idea how far along they are.

We did after a few number of days, called last Friday , no information , called Tuesday , and called yesterday and it was given the information on the phone. She actually stayed on the line to make sure I was in

Can't wait for my points to load!!!
Been very happy with this super speedy timeline!:flower:

150 POINTS VGF AUG UY
Offer made/accepted: 5/5
Sent to ROFR: 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing Docs Received after Estoppel: 5/23
Closing Docs/Check Received by Title Company: 5/26
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: 6/1
Points loaded to online member account: ???

We had to provide SSN because it was an international buyer, maybe that's why?
Naw, I think that was just a misinformed cast member. W/ our first purchase a few years ago we had a domestic seller, paid cash and never had to supply SSNs to anyone, and we set up our online account w/ info. provided over the phone, so DVC did not have our SSNs.
W/ the new contract we again paid cash but had international sellers this time and we had to provide SSNs for the IRS, in fact I just got a letter from the IRS confirming that they had been notified of the transaction. I believe if the seller made a profit on the sale & did not pay taxes on it, then I'd be on the hook for the taxes. Thankfully the title co. is responsible for all of that.
For those who finance I believe there's a need for SSNs, so the lender can do credit checks and what not.

Called today, took 2 attempts but got membership # and activation code. Logged in and points were already loaded!

Final timeline:

Offer Made/Accepted: 3/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/22
Passed ROFR: 4/12
Closing Docs received: 5/19
Closing Docs sent back: 5/23
Closed: Never given notice
Recorded: 5/25
Points Loaded: 6/5
Great!! The 4/12-5/19 period seems like a long time. What do you think/know drove that?

Great!! The 4/12-5/19 period seems like a long time. What do you think/know drove that?
Never found out for sure. All they told me when I asked was they were waiting on something from the sellers. Maybe they waited to get their docs back before they sent mine? We did close very fast after I sent mine.

Okay, so jumping over to this thread now (yaay!). My timeline has been pretty textbook so far. Roughly 3 weeks to pass ROFR, 3 more weeks to get closing docs. Process has been fairly smooth. We're not necessarily in any hurry to close (no 7 month trip window on the horizon), but it will be nice to have our first purchase behind us. Hopefully planning a trip to Florida next spring, or alternatively Aulani.

Any insights on the timeline moving forward? Should I call for a membership number (as some people have done), or just wait for a membership packet? (Sorry if this is detailed above somewhere...I saw there were 138 pages, and I didn't have time to read them all.)

Home: PVB
Sent for ROFR: 4/26/17
Passed ROFR: 5/9/17
Closing docs received: 5/30/17
Closing docs sent back: 6/3/17
Closed:
Recorded:
Membership Number Received/Points Loaded:

DMM

Disney timeline
AKV 100 pts Dec UY

4/5 offer accepted
4/6 sent to rofr
4/20 passed rofr
5/11 closing docs received;signed and mailed
5/16 signed closing docs received at lawyers office
5/31 sale closed; docs sent to county recorder
6/2 deed recorded
6/5 disney recieved contract

Called today and was told that our contract was recieved Monday. How long for points to load? When should I really call to check because ms said 2-3 weeks?!

Okay, so jumping over to this thread now (yaay!). My timeline has been pretty textbook so far. Roughly 3 weeks to pass ROFR, 3 more weeks to get closing docs. Process has been fairly smooth. We're not necessarily in any hurry to close (no 7 month trip window on the horizon), but it will be nice to have our first purchase behind us. Hopefully planning a trip to Florida next spring, or alternatively Aulani.

Any insights on the timeline moving forward? Should I call for a membership number (as some people have done), or just wait for a membership packet? (Sorry if this is detailed above somewhere...I saw there were 138 pages, and I didn't have time to read them all.)

Home: PVB
Sent for ROFR: 4/26/17
Passed ROFR: 5/9/17
Closing docs received: 5/30/17
Closing docs sent back: 6/3/17
Closed:
Recorded:
Membership Number Received/Points Loaded:

DMM
Once your seller's doc.s are received by the title co. (seller's have to have doc.s notarized, so that sometimes adds a bit of time) then the next step is recording - you can keep an eye out for when your deed is recorded by searching for yourself here: http://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/
Once the contract is legally in your name, then it's just waiting for Disney to put you in their system, create a membership for you if you are a new member & load your points into your membership/account.
Disney timeline
Called today and was told that our contract was recieved Monday. How long for points to load? When should I really call to check because ms said 2-3 weeks?!
Make sure you are talking to admin.. About a month or so ago my points loaded at around 11 calendar days after recording - but they were going into my existing membership, setting up a new membership might add a bit of time. I'd try again next Mon. as that would be 10 days after you recorded if you are up against a deadline w/ planning a trip, otherwise maybe try Wed.?

After what seemed like an eternity of a wait, I am super excited to report that we are finally closed and our points are loaded!

Home Resort: BWV
Offer Made/Accepted: 3/9
Sent to ROFR: 3/15
Passed ROFR: 3/27
Closing Docs received: 4/13
Closing Docs sent back: 4/14
Closed: 5/25
Recorded: 5/26
Membership Number Received/Points Loaded: 6/7 (via phone - info not yet received via mail)

After what seemed like an eternity of a wait, I am super excited to report that we are finally closed and our points are loaded!

Home Resort: BWV
Offer Made/Accepted: 3/9
Sent to ROFR: 3/15
Passed ROFR: 3/27
Closing Docs received: 4/13
Closing Docs sent back: 4/14
Closed: 5/25
Recorded: 5/26
Membership Number Received/Points Loaded: 6/7 (via phone - info not yet received via mail)
Yay!!! Finally!

Once your seller's doc.s are received by the title co. (seller's have to have doc.s notarized, so that sometimes adds a bit of time) then the next step is recording - you can keep an eye out for when your deed is recorded by searching for yourself here: http://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/
Once the contract is legally in your name, then it's just waiting for Disney to put you in their system, create a membership for you if you are a new member & load your points into your membership/account.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep a lookout. I was just informed that the seller's docs were received yesterday. So hopefully recording soon...

My resale finally closed. Now it's just a matter of waiting on Disney to set up my account.

212 points BLT October UY

Offer accepted: 4/14
Sent to ROFR: 4/15
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing Documents received after estoppel: 5/30
Mailed back documents: 6/1
Closed: 6/6
Deed Recorded: 6/9
Membership number received: TBD

What is the longest, after the closing date, did it take to get a contract back signed back from the sellers ? Anyone ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter