Closing Time!!

Tell me about it!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Offer made and accepted: 9/18
Sent to ROFR: 9/20
Passes ROFR: 10/6
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs returned and $wired: 10/22
11/28 SELLER STILL HAS NOT SIGNED AND RETURNED DOCUMENTS. ON DEC. 19th HE WILL BE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT AND I WILL GET A FULL REFUND. BUT I WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW CONTRACT AND COMPLETELY START OVER!!!!!!
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

Has the broker offered any explanation? You'd think the sellers would want their money!

Has the broker offered any explanation? You'd think the sellers would want their money!

The agent has responded every time I email. She has repeatly apologized. It seems the seller has issues and will probably let the 90 days run out and be in default. I am guessing it may have to do with the taxes that have to be paid since the seller is from out of the country. My agent said we cannot do anything until the 90 days. Then I can look for another property. I am truely in limbo!

The agent has responded every time I email. She has repeatly apologized. It seems the seller has issues and will probably let the 90 days run out and be in default. I am guessing it may have to do with the taxes that have to be paid since the seller is from out of the country. My agent said we cannot do anything until the 90 days. Then I can look for another property. I am truely in limbo!
so sorry!

Sorry to hear that... so frustrating to potentially have to start over again! Fingers crossed this works out in the end and if not, that you find something even better!

Home: AKV
Offer made and accepted: 10/23
Sent to ROFR: 10/23
Passed ROFR: 11/2
Closing docs received: 11/17
Closing docs sent back: 11/20
Closing: 11/29
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

At least for each step we get to graduate to a new waiting thread!

Home: AK
Offer made: 10/25
Offer countered & accepted: 10/25
Sent to ROFR: 10/27
Passed ROFR: 11/7
Closing docs received: 11/20
11/27 - First American Title confirmed receipt of all closing documents and we should close in "2-4 business days"
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

11/27 - First American Title confirmed receipt of all closing documents and we should close in "2-4 business days"
Closing: 11/30 :tigger:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Congrats!!! Very quick considering you made the offer about a month ago!!

Home: SSR
Offer made: 10/15
Offer accepted: 10/15
Sent to ROFR: 10/17
Passed ROFR: 11/1
Closing docs received:11/20
Closing docs sent back: 11/22
Closed: 11/29
Deed recorded: 11/29
Points in my account: Waiting.....

I guess we closed yesterday and I didn’t know until a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Closing: 11/30
Deed recorded: 12/1
Points in my account:

Time to start calling on Monday! Hoping for a # by 12/9 to book our July trip to Disneyland!

13 more days until I can start the while process over and look for a new contract! The inconsiderate seller who has caused my money to be held in limbo for almost three months hopefully will be penalized heavily for breaking the contract. I guess when the seller changes their mind 90 days has to pass before anything can be refunded to the purchaser. I will think twice about buying from a foreign seller again! After ROFR I assumed I would be getting the contract. So disappointing!

Tell me about it!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Offer made and accepted: 9/18
Sent to ROFR: 9/20
Passes ROFR: 10/6
Closing docs received: 10/20
Closing docs returned and $wired: 10/22
11/28 SELLER STILL HAS NOT SIGNED AND RETURNED DOCUMENTS. ON DEC. 19th HE WILL BE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT AND I WILL GET A FULL REFUND. BUT I WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW CONTRACT AND COMPLETELY START OVER!!!!!!
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

DISLIKE!!! What a pain!

13 more days until I can start the while process over and look for a new contract! The inconsiderate seller who has caused my money to be held in limbo for almost three months hopefully will be penalized heavily for breaking the contract. I guess when the seller changes their mind 90 days has to pass before anything can be refunded to the purchaser. I will think twice about buying from a foreign seller again! After ROFR I assumed I would be getting the contract. So disappointing!

It’s too bad you won’t be compensated in some small way. Lots of luck in finding a new contract at an even better deal!

How did you find out the date in which the contract would expire? I am having the same issue with our seller not responding to our agent and I expect we'll be in the same situation as you

How did you find out the date in which the contract would expire? I am having the same issue with our seller not responding to our agent and I expect we'll be in the same situation as you

The initial paperwork that was signed when I sent the deposit had an “effective date” that was filled in. It was the date the seller accepted the sale. It was on the page that the seller signed towards the bottom on my contract. On the first page of the contract it stated that closing had to occur within 90 days of the “effective date”. That is the date it must close by. I am sorry you are also experiencing this. It is awful!

The initial paperwork that was signed when I sent the deposit had an “effective date” that was filled in. It was the date the seller accepted the sale. It was on the page that the seller signed towards the bottom on my contract. On the first page of the contract it stated that closing had to occur within 90 days of the “effective date”. That is the date it must close by. I am sorry you are also experiencing this. It is awful!
Ugh! I found the spot where it said "effective date" but it isnt filled in so im not sure! It is horrible! I either want my points or be able to cancel this one so I can start looking for a new one! My seller is from Florida so I am not sure what their excuse is!!

Ugh! I found the spot where it said "effective date" but it isnt filled in so im not sure! It is horrible! I either want my points or be able to cancel this one so I can start looking for a new one! My seller is from Florida so I am not sure what their excuse is!!

Make sure you are checking the right copy. It is the finalized copy they send you when they are sending it to ROFR. The seller should have signed it. It was on page 4 (and the seller signature was onthe same page). If not, contact your agent or the title company to find out when the offer was accepted. That is the effective date.

Make sure you are checking the right copy. It is the finalized copy they send you when they are sending it to ROFR. The seller should have signed it. It was on page 4 (and the seller signature was onthe same page). If not, contact your agent or the title company to find out when the offer was accepted. That is the effective date.
9/29/17, found it thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!