Closing Time!!

I have one that has passed 2 months since my money and contract were delivered to the title company. I have been contacting the title company and the brokerage regularly. Best I can figure it is a combination of seller's age/life situation and the title company not being helpful/responsive that have driven numerous long delays. I am told it should close this week. I will post the info when it finally happens.

You are a very patient person. Good luck this week!

Making some progress here! I'm in no hurry because we aren't planning our next trip until August 2019, but we are also going to WDW soon, and it would have been nice for my husband and I to have our date night at the Top of the World to celebrate. Oh well - next time! Definitely won't have a membership # when we head down on June 24th.

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 4/30
Offer accepted: 4/30
Sent to ROFR: 5/11
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received: 6/8
Closing docs returned: 6/11
Closing:
Deed recorded:

Thanks again to everyone on this board - it has really helped with expectations.
You still have 12 days, you never know.

Home: BWV
Brokerage: Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/8
Offer accepted:3/8
Sent to ROFR: 3/13
Passed ROFR: 3/29 (3/28 on the rofr waiver on the recorders site)
Closing docs received: 4/11
Closing docs returned: 4/12
Check delivered: 4/16
Seller returned (title company accepted) closing docs: 6/8
Closing:6/12
Deed recorded: 6/12
Points in account:

My understanding is the seller is aging, had to deal with selling multiple properties at the same time, is the primary care giver for his spouse (co-owner) with power of attorney for her all at the same time. He did all business without a computer and had several second and third attempts to meet the needs/standards of title company (for my protection in the long run). Additionally between each round, several days/weeks were lost in communication (or lack thereof) between the seller and the title company. I am not sure who gets most the blame for the slowness, but I am just happy it is finally done. In the middle of it all, I had the seller bank the 2017 Oct UY points (5/31 date) because it was taking so long. Time will tell if that worked. In general, once I involved Fidelity in the communications, things got better and I was more relaxed. Before that, all I got was "we are waiting on the seller's documents and will let you know when they arrive" for 4 weeks. I was nervous the seller was backing out.
Wow. It sounds like he has his plate full, but it is worth it all!

Yay I finally get to play on this thread!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/4
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/30
Closing docs received: 6/11
Closing docs returned: 6/12
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

One question, where do I go look to see the deed recorded, and how would I search for it?
Yay!

Got to work this morning with an e-mail from First Am saying that the seller returned the closing docs and we should expect to close in 3-4 business days! Maybe we'll get lucky.
I have seen that after closing, if you wait a couple days, you can call DVC to get your number. Maybe they will give you log-in info so you can show your card on your phone. :thumbsup2

Yay I finally get to play on this thread!

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

One question, where do I go look to see the deed recorded, and how would I search for it?

Use the website that was provided.

1. Under "Start" and "End" put in the date range to search
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab
3. Under "legal Remarks" type in Saratoga (or whatever resort you are searching)
4. Click the "uncheck box to search for specific document type"
5. Click on "deed" in the drop down menu
6. Click search

You can then click on the one you want to look at. Just a FYI if you take the Deed Doc tax divided by .7% it will give you the amount paid.

You can then click on Document under the "view images" on the side of the and the deed will come up usually with the amount of points is in them and you can see figure out the general price items have been going for

Last edited:

So we are so close to finishing up our resale process! I just looked on the Orange County website and saw that our Deed was recorded on Monday!!!
So at what point would you try to call Disney to set up our account? Maybe try next Monday? and am I right that it seems to be hit or miss whether you can get a CM to help with this over the phone? TIA!

So we are so close to finishing up our resale process! I just looked on the Orange County website and saw that our Deed was recorded on Monday!!!
So at what point would you try to call Disney to set up our account? Maybe try next Monday? and am I right that it seems to be hit or miss whether you can get a CM to help with this over the phone? TIA!
From what I understand, when denied, redial!

Yes 800 800 9800, but then option 2 for Member Administration (MA), not option 1 for member services (MS)

How long before you are in their system? I closed and my deed was recorded the same day, June 5th but when I called and spoke with Membership Administration, the nice CM said I wasn't in the system yet :(

How long before you are in their system? I closed and my deed was recorded the same day, June 5th but when I called and spoke with Membership Administration, the nice CM said I wasn't in the system yet :(
I believe most folks are seeing 1.5 to 2.5 weeks. I would try again every couple of days. Once your contract is in the system, MA can (but does not always based on the CM you get) give you the contract number and activation code over the phone. With those two pieces of info you can link the DVC contract to your login and see/use your points. Sometimes the points do not actually show up on the contract for another day or two after the account and activation code are available. The alternative is to wait another 2-3 weeks for the letter which contains the same info. I was able to get both my DW's and my activation codes over the phone last Oct.

I believe most folks are seeing 1.5 to 2.5 weeks. I would try again every couple of days. Once your contract is in the system, MA can (but does not always based on the CM you get) give you the contract number and activation code over the phone. With those two pieces of info you can link the DVC contract to your login and see/use your points. Sometimes the points do not actually show up on the contract for another day or two after the account and activation code are available. The alternative is to wait another 2-3 weeks for the letter which contains the same info. I was able to get both my DW's and my activation codes over the phone last Oct.

Great information, DaveNan :yay: :thanks:

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/16
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned:6/14
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Fingers crossed the seller returns their docs soon!

Update! We're getting REALLY close to being done! :yay:

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 4/25/18
Offer Accepted: 4/26/18
Sent to ROFR: 4/27/18
Passed ROFR: 5/17/18
Closing docs received: 6/8/18
Closing docs returned: 6/8/18
Seller returned closing docs: 6/11/18
Deed recorded: 6/14/18
Points in account:

Home: VGF
Title Company: Mason title
Offer made: 5/16
Offer accepted: 5/16
Sent to ROFR: 5/17
Passed ROFR: 6/5
Closing docs received: 6/13
Closing docs returned:6/14
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Fingers crossed the seller returns their docs soon!

Yay! That CCV pajama party could be happening after all!

Update! We're getting REALLY close to being done! :yay:

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 4/25/18
Offer Accepted: 4/26/18
Sent to ROFR: 4/27/18
Passed ROFR: 5/17/18
Closing docs received: 6/8/18
Closing docs returned: 6/8/18
Seller returned closing docs: 6/11/18
Deed recorded: 6/14/18
Points in account:

Woohoo, home stretch!

As for me, still waiting for the seller to return the closing documents. My broker said the seller promised to send documents on Monday. But the closing company still hasn't received it. Sigh…

Still waiting to hear that seller's documents have been received. My closing was scheduled for 6/18 (Monday), but not sure if sellers documents haven't been received.

I believe they were selling 3 or 4 contracts, so maybe they are waiting to return them all at the same time.

I just want my points!

Woohoo! We closed yesterday and our deed was recorded this morning.

How soon until I can call Disney to get my membership number?? (still trying to have a date night at TOTWL when we go next weekend! ha.)

Woohoo! We closed yesterday and our deed was recorded this morning.

How soon until I can call Disney to get my membership number?? (still trying to have a date night at TOTWL when we go next weekend! ha.)

My deed for Old Key West was recorded on 6/5 :cloud9: I have called twice now and I am still not in the system, at least according to Bob when I called yesterday :sad2: I plan on calling every day as I am chomping at the bit to set up my DVC account :woohoo:

Home: AUL
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 3/29
Offer accepted: 4/2
Sent to ROFR: 4/3
Passed ROFR: 4/25
Closing docs received: 5/18
Closing docs returned: 5/21
Closing: 5/30
Deed recorded: 5/30
Points in my account:6/15

UPDATED!!

Seller returned closing docs: 6/13
Closing: 6/14
Deed recorded: 6/15
Points in my account:

WOOT!! I can’t beleive how fast that went!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!