Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 1/25/19
Offer accepted: 1/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/29/19
Passed ROFR: 2/28/19
Closing docs received: 3/1/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/4/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/5/19??
Closing: 3/6/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/7/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/18/19 (May have been Friday 3/15, sometime after I called)
Points in my account: 3/18/19
Member letter received: 3/25/19

ETA: member letter date

Last edited:
Yes, if you are an existing owner and purchased the same use year and titled the deed the same your new contract will show up online in your existing membership account.
BTW, many are able to set up/access their membership account before they get their letter by calling member administration about 10 days after they close. If you’re not eager to make a reservation the extra week or so it takes to wait for the letter may make no difference, but if you’re worried about 11 or 7 month dates fast approaching calling may be worth a try (how successful you are seems to depend on which cm you get.)

I did this today, and it worked well. The agent needed my contract number and the name of the seller, so be prepared with that info. I was given my member number, a clud Id and an authorization code. Once I had all that I was on the website in no time.

Home: VGC
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/24/19
Offer accepted: 1/24/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/25/19
Closing docs received: 3/8/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: ???
Closing: ???
Deed recorded on OC site: ???
Contract Visible on member site: ???
Points in my account: ???
Updated:

Title Company: First American
Offer made: 1/24/19
Offer accepted: 1/24/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/25/19
Closing docs received: 3/8/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/12/19
Closing: 3/15/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/15/19
Contract Visible on member site: ???
Points in my account: ???

I’m still waiting on my contact to show up in the site. :( The deed was recorded on 3/12, so it’s been 8 days. Maybe I should call them...

:cheer2:I'm a very happy bunny today. 7 weeks so far - we closed today :) Looking forward to leaping over the final hurdles ::yes::
Home: AKV
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 1/29/19
Offer accepted: 1/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/19
Closing docs received:3/4/19
Closing docs returned: 3/7/19 via email
Funds sent: 3/7/19 via wire
Seller returned closing docs: 3/18/19
Closed: 3/19/19
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

I was told they were working on contracts submitted to them on 3/11 yesterday. She said it should show up today. I just checked, and nothing.
We closed one day after you, so I’ll hold off on calling until you see yours. :snail:
I’m just a bit eager since I have some points expiring 11/30, in one of my existing contracts that I may want to use w/ the new points to book something.

We closed one day after you, so I’ll hold off on calling until you see yours. :snail:
I’m just a bit eager since I have some points expiring 11/30, in one of my existing contracts that I may want to use w/ the new points to book something.

My contract must have just loaded. I was tied up this morning, and I just checked a few minutes before I posted. I just got back on my computer to finish up some work, refreshed the site before diving back into my abyss of work, and there was my contract. The woman did tell me that it is taking them 5 days to load points after the contract shows up just to give everyone a heads up.

3rd Update:

Broker: DVC Sales
Offer made: 2/10/19
Offer accepted: 2/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/12/19
Closing docs received: 3/7/2019
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19 (I sent them back the next day, but it was a Friday, so they didn’t arrive until Monday)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/11/19
Closing: 3/12/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/12/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/20/19
Points in my account: TBD

We closed on our first contract a little over a week ago and based on other posts here tried to call in to see if we could get the member ID. No luck as they said they couldn’t confirm our identity since they don’t have our social.

Anybody else find this, or have a work around to prove identity to MS by phone?

Not a huge deal, but we are hoping to get some banked points on the rental market. We can wait the few weeks it should take for mail but figured it was worth an ask on here.

Final Update!!

Home: SSR
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 1/25/19
Offer accepted: 1/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/29/19
Closing docs received: 3/1/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 3/4/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 3/5/19??
Closing: 3/6/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 3/7/19
Contract Visible on member site: 3/18/19 (May have been Friday 3/15, sometime after I called)
Points in my account: 3/18/19
Yaaay! Congratulations and Welcome Home.
That seems to be quick :) Hopefully we'll get our membership number and points in account in a few weeks time.

We closed on our first contract a little over a week ago and based on other posts here tried to call in to see if we could get the member ID. No luck as they said they couldn’t confirm our identity since they don’t have our social.

Not a huge deal, but we are hoping to get some banked points on the rental market. We can wait the few weeks it should take for mail but figured it was worth an ask on here.
Oh nooo :( I hope they sort it out for you soon.
Our Title company asked us for proof of ID right from the outset... we don't have US Social Security numbers (I'm assuming that's what you mean by 'social' ) Good Luck.

Give it until 10 days after closing and try again, some CMs seem to be more willing to help than others - you want option 2 (member administration) on the phone tree. I got my account set up on my first resale contract via the phone and my social security no. was not asked for & was not on any of the paperwork - but perhaps things have changed in the years since I first bought.

Give it until 10 days after closing and try again, some CMs seem to be more willing to help than others - you want option 2 (member administration) on the phone tree. I got my account set up on my first resale contract via the phone and my social security no. was not asked for & was not on any of the paperwork - but perhaps things have changed in the years since I first bought.
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, I will plan to give it a few days and give it another try.

Nope. I called on Monday, spoke with Member Administration, and did not have to provide SS.

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/05/19
Offer accepted: 1/06/19
Sent to ROFR: 1/08/19
Passed ROFR: 1/25/19
Closing docs received:2/5/19
Closing docs returned:2/6/19
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/15/19 (finally!)
Closing: 3/20/19
Deed recorded:
Contract Visible:
Points in my account:

I was getting nervous. Seller took forever to return docs. I was told three different times docs were in the mail only to found out they weren’t. Almost there!

Glad to finally be posting here!

1st Update:
Home: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Broker: The Timeshare Store
Offer made: 3/10/19
Offer accepted: 3/10/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/19
Passed ROFR: 3/20/19
Closing docs received:
Buyer’s closing docs returned:
Seller’s closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts