Funds sent: 8/19/19 (cashiers)
Seller returned closing docs: 8/19/19
Closing: 8/21/2019
Deed recorded on OC site: ??
Received Onetime Activation Code:??
Contract Visible on member site:??
Received welcome letter:??
Points in my account:??

Man that was a tough cashiers check to send off :)

Last edited:
UPDATE SEVEN. FINAL UPDATE!!!!

Current Member

Home: BRV (CONTRACT COMPLETE)
Broker: Resales DVC (Rachel Thompson)
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 5/9/19
Offer accepted: 5/9/19
Sent to ROFR: 5/1019
Passed ROFR: 5/22/19 (delayed closing 8/8)
Closing docs received: 7/24/19
Closing docs returned: 7/31/19
Funds sent: 7/31/19
Seller returned closing docs: ***
Closing: 8/7/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 8/8/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: ***
Contract Visible on member site: 8/15/19
Received welcome letter: ***
Points in my account: 8/20/19

Home: BLT (CONTRACT COMPLETE)
Broker: DVC Shop (Bee Thaxton)
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 6/6/19
Offer accepted: 6/6/19
Sent to ROFR: 6/10/19
Passed ROFR: 7/3/19
Closing docs received: 7/18/19
Closing docs returned: 7/19/19
Funds sent: 7/22/19 (wire transfer)
Seller returned closing docs: 7/24/19
Closing: 7/26/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 7/29/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: ***
Contract Visible on member site: 8/6/19
Received welcome letter: ***
Points in my account: 8/7/19

Quick update to close this out. Almost exactly 2 months from offer to points in the account. No complaints there. Remaining tasks: 1. Book first trip; 2. Wait for first born to arrive (Nov. 12); 3. Go on first trip; and 4. Kick back some Tusker Lagers by the pool at AKV 🙂 🍻

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Resale Market (Scotty Kauffman)
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title (Marie Alzate)
Offer made: 6/17/19
Offer accepted: 6/18/19
Sent to ROFR: 6/24/19
Passed ROFR: 7/9/19
Closing docs received: 7/19/19
Closing docs returned: 7/24/19 (there was a typo on one of the closing docs which had to be revised before signing and returning)
Funds sent: 7/24/19
Seller returned closing docs: On or about 7/24/19
Closing: 7/31/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 8/2/19
Contract Visible on member site: Called MS on 8/14/19 for Club ID and Member Number. Gained access to site and contract was visible.
Received welcome letter: 8/19/19
Points in my account: 8/19/19

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Resale
Title Company: Magic Vacation
Offer made: 7/23/19
Offer accepted: 7/23/19
Sent to ROFR: 7/26/19
Passed ROFR: 8/13/19
Closing docs received: 8/16/19
Closing docs returned: 8/19/19
Funds sent: 8/19/19 (cashiers)
Seller returned closing docs: 8/19/19
Closing: 8/21/2019
Deed recorded on OC site: ??
Received Onetime Activation Code:??
Contract Visible on member site:??
Received welcome letter:??
Points in my account:??

Man that was a tough cashiers check to send off :)

Lol. I’m glad I’m not the only one that felt that way. I don’t regret my decision to purchased, but it was hard for me to put that FedEx package in the mail with that cashiers check. 😖

Quick update to close this out. Almost exactly 2 months from offer to points in the account. No complaints there. Remaining tasks: 1. Book first trip; 2. Wait for first born to arrive (Nov. 12); 3. Go on first trip; and 4. Kick back some Tusker Lagers by the pool at AKV 🙂 🍻

Congrats! My first was born on Nov. 12 a few years ago, and now we’re waiting for #3 to come around New Year’s. (Im)patiently waiting for our account to be set up so we can book our first trip “home” to AKV. 🍻

Hello everyone! Just joining the party 🥳

Home: SSR
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 7/30/19
Offer accepted: 7/30/19
Sent to ROFR: 8/2/19
Passed ROFR: 8/21/19
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Funds sent:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Received E-mail with one-time code:
Contract Visible on member site:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

It might be a good time to call MS. I also just bought my first contract, resale, and deed was recorded 8/2. I received email with one time activation code this Tuesday, 8/13, and then got logged in for the first time on Wednesday after calling MS for our club ID. my guess is Disney got your email wrong, thought an O was a 0 or something. Good luck!

It turned out to be a good thing that I ended up calling and you were right. They had left a letter out of my email address. They also transposed numbers in my physical address. I would have been waiting a long time, LOL. The woman on the phone said that the mistakes were Disney’s. Everything was right in the documents from the title company. She fixed everything and gave me the information I needed to setup my account. I logged in and the points were already there!

After receiving closing docs, how long is long enough before bugging the closing agent about the seller not returning docs? We received documents on 8/7 and we (buyers) returned and submitted a check long ago. Been waiting on the seller.

I will edit this as the final dates are accomplished - but it was nice to see other date ranges along the way to estimate when I could expect progress:

Home: OKW
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 7.20.19
Offer accepted: 7.20.19
Sent to ROFR: 7.24.19
Passed ROFR: 8.13.19
Closing docs received: 8.14.19
Closing docs returned: 8.14.19
Funds sent: 8.14.19
Seller returned closing docs: 8.17.19
Closing: 8.19.19
Deed recorded on OC site: 8.20.19
Received Onetime Activation Code: 8.26.19
Contract Visible on member site: 8.28.19
Received welcome letter: 9.3.19
Points in my account: 9.5.19

Last edited:
After receiving closing docs, how long is long enough before bugging the closing agent about the seller not returning docs? We received documents on 8/7 and we (buyers) returned and submitted a check long ago. Been waiting on the seller.
I would bug right now and had to in July when seller waited 3 weeks to return documents. You have already sent in your check. I first contacted closing company agent and was told need to contact realtor to contact the seller.

Home: VB
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 7/29/19
Offer accepted: 7/29/19
Sent to ROFR: 8/7/19
Passed ROFR: 8/28/19
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Funds sent:
Closing:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

My first update! Received closing documents today!!! I definitely didn’t expect them this soon! So exciting!

Closing docs received: 8/28/19
Closing docs returned:
Funds sent:
Closing:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

My first update! Received closing documents today!!! I definitely didn’t expect them this soon! So exciting!

I was pleasantly surprised by how fast the process with First American moved. I hope you experience the same.

Now I'm just waiting for Disney to load my points. *Impatiently taps fingers on the table*

I was pleasantly surprised by how fast the process with First American moved. I hope you experience the same.

Now I'm just waiting for Disney to load my points. *Impatiently taps fingers on the table*

Thanks!! That’s great to hear! I read a few negative posts regarding how slow they could be, so it was definitely a nice surprise!

Congrats! I hope you get them quickly!!!!!

Home: AKL
Offer made: 7/25/19
Offer accepted: 7/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/19
Passed ROFR: 8/18/19
Closing docs received: 8/23/19
Closing docs returned: 8/27/19
Funds sent: 8/27/19
Closing:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

Home: AKL
Offer made: 7/25/19
Offer accepted: 7/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/19
Passed ROFR: 8/18/19
Closing docs received: 8/23/19
Closing docs returned: 8/27/19
Funds sent: 8/27/19
Closing:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

Something must of changed with Fidelity and First American to be so fast with receiving closing documents after passing ROFR. They both told me in June when I was asking when would receive closing documents after passing ROFR , that it would be 4 weeks and it was. I think they have been reading some of the comments on here and seeing other closing companies and brokers are closing much faster than they were. Their excuses about waiting on Disney and all the paper work they have to do, seems lame.

Something must of changed with Fidelity and First American to be so fast with receiving closing documents after passing ROFR. They both told me in June when I was asking when would receive closing documents after passing ROFR , that it would be 4 weeks and it was. I think they have been reading some of the comments on here and seeing other closing companies and brokers are closing much faster than they were. Their excuses about waiting on Disney and all the paper work they have to do, seems lame.

I heard similar stories and was surprised this was moving so quickly. Maybe they realized people were shying away from them due to the length of the process. I didn't know too much before I put in the offer, just that they were on a lot of people's lists for reputable brokers. They had an offer I couldn't refuse. But somehow, Disney did...

After reading all the posts with the delays with First American, I specifically requested Fidelity use a title company other than First American.

Update 3!

Closing docs received: 8/28/19
Closing docs returned: 8/29/19
Funds sent: 8/29/19
Closing:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter